New Years Resolutions: 2015 Edition

This is for you, Paradox:

Yes-Yes-Yes-Wrestler-Cheer-On-WWE-Gif.gif

Nice Paradox! Having shared hobbies are important - also a new lady in your life can distract you from your workout routine - DONT LET THIS HAPPEN! Do you think she'd be down to workout with you, then potentially hit the showers?
e43f0e3c239eadada927cd1d1cd09bbd.gif
]

Resolution Update
I've been active with Dodgeball and boxing class w/ the occasional jog during the week which puts me at about 4/5 physical activities during the week. I don't like to weigh myself for large intervals of time weeks or so but I can feel my clothes loosening. last measurement I lost 4lbs, so its def. slow but thats primarily because my eating habits are shitty. Honestly, I probably drink all my calories - but still.. shitty.

She's in decent shape herself, but don't worry, I'll be sticking to the gym. She doesn't care that I'm overweight, but I'm not going to rest on that.

Good job on the physical activities Urbs. Let's all keep it up.

Lock it down Paradox!

what do you have for weights in your home gym? I just bought a barbell with my tax refund, now just need to find cheap plates and maybe build a platform.

It's a bench and bar setup. All the weights are the rubber coated ones and a 45lb bar. There's also kettle bells, medicine balls, hand weights and a pull-up bar.

That's a pretty good set up for a home gym, Paradox. Nicely done. :)

You've got more discipline than me. I can't exercise at home. If I want to exercise I have to physically leave the house. If I stay home I just get distracted by video games, or my computer.

Good job. :)

Holy fuck nobs, thats great man! Always good to have a girl who you share the same interests with - goes a long way.

My weight is still dropping, thanks to this new training regime. Yesterday morning I weighed in at 101.2 kg (223.1 Ibs). Where as two months ago I was 108.5 kg (239.2 Ibs). I'm really happy with this drop.

My numbers in how much I'm lifting is getting better too. I was able to rep 127.5 kg on squats (281 Ibs) and I scored a leg press of over 300 kg (661.3 Ibs). I also managed to achieve a bench press of 110 kg (242.5 Ibs).

I'm not nearly as strong as some of the other people at my gym but I'm really happy with the results and progress so far. :)

I'll be competing at the Australian National Judo Championships this June, so by that time I need to be under 100 kg, somewhere between 90 - 99 kg (198.4 - 218.2 Ibs). I should be able to do it.

Mine are going strong as well hitting the gym about 5-6 times a week 4 lifting days and the other ones are basketball or football or some sport related activity. Maxed my bench at 280 the other day and squat at 380 so I'm happy with that now its time to start toning and get my weight to about 190lbs to look good for summer time haha

And Paradox
Nooice.jpg

I got really sick over Easter break and am still not over it. So that's stopped me from going to the gym for a while.

Though when I'm better, time to hit the weights. Gonna get a six pack by the year's end.

Sorry to hear you got sick, man.

Getting sick is one of the worst things when it comes to training. Unfortunately the best thing you can do for yourself (as you're already doing) is to avoid the weights, as continuing to train while sick will only make you sick for longer.

Make sure you try to get plenty of sleep, drink lots of water, take whatever vitamins or/and medication necessary and just take it easy.

Once you're better you'll be right and can get back on the horse. Keep it up man. :)

I got sick too, funnily enough. At work there's an annoying bug going around... I had two days off work this week and I took a day off judo and gym. Went back to the gym yesterday and despite maintaining my diet while sick, I had bugger all energy and strength, it was ridiculous.

Going to go to judo tonight and see how I go but I have a feeling it won't go very well.

It's getting hard to break down past 101.2 kg (223.1 Ibs) but I hope to get beneath 101 kg at the end of this week.

I managed to hit a new personal best on my squat, or at least "calculated personal best". By squatting 95 kg (209.4 Ibs) with 20 reps, I should be able to achieve a maximum, one rep squat of 143 kg (315.2 Ibs).

I've received my third month of training. Next month (June 6th and 7th) I'll be competing at the Australian National Judo Championships in the senior men's -100 kg class. So by the end of this month/early next month, here's what I hope to achieve...

Bench Press: 112.5 kg (248 Ibs) for 2 reps minimum
Dead Lift: 170 kg (375 Ibs) for 1 rep minimum
Squat: 137.5 kg (303 Ibs) for 2 reps minimum
Body weight: Under 100 kg (under 220 Ibs)

Here we go!

God damn you people being all fit.

Good job at the same time though dude.

I have been trying to lose some weight as well. Started a running/walking routine with some calestetics at home. Basically the goal right now is to go for 2-3 miles every other day.

So far it's been decent. Having issues with my knees though. I hyper extended them back two years ago while working in retail. They tend to tire out quickly now, which is no good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle