New Years Resolutions

danielrbischoff said:
madster111 said:
I realized i was drinking roughly 1.5L worth of surgery shit every day, so i imagine that's a huge calorie intake that i can easily cut out.
Don't replace Pepsi with juice then. It's effectively the same thing, just doesn't have all the carbonation to ruin your bones while you're at it.
The calories are going to be the same (perhaps more for juice), but the types of sugars are not. Fruits will yield glucose and fructose, while soda has only fructose (generally speaking). A recent Yale study has backed up the notion that fructose is worse for you in the sense that your body regulates for glucose, and not fructose. That is, if your body is telling you you need glucose -- which you could obtain through fruits and vegetables -- consuming fructose will do nothing to sate the desire for it.

Wicked, you could always Skype on your phone, if you were so inclined.

yep, that high fructose corn syrup is the stuff that's keeping you fat. sure, red meats and carbs gets you fat, but soda keeps you there. 3 chocolate donuts a day would be healthier than a single 20oz soda a day. I just totally made that up but it actually sounds about right.

Matt wanting to be more asian? Wicked falling in love? Used being racist for the sake of being racist? Madster trying to lose weight?

These aren't resolutions if you're just doing the same old same old.

Wes said:
Wicked falling in love?

tumblr_m2vzq7BL361rrdy8vo1_500.gif

I got a few New Year's resolutions but... hell if I know if I'll actually stick to them.

-Get fitter and stronger.
-Win at least ONE fight at the Australian Judo National Championships.
-Compete in the state titles of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and win.
-Draw more often... A LOT more often.
-Make more of an effort to actually meet a nice girl.

Optimus-Crime said:
yep, that high fructose corn syrup is the stuff that's keeping you fat. sure, red meats and carbs gets you fat, but soda keeps you there. 3 chocolate donuts a day would be healthier than a single 20oz soda a day. I just totally made that up but it actually sounds about right.

i dunno sir, soda is bad, donuts absolutely stuffed full of trans fats could be about just as bad

anyway its excess calories that get you fat

i havent had a regular soda or a donut in years though. my weaknesses are occasionally ice cream, pizza, and Arby's, and the occasional diet coke

damn you Arby's why is your roast beef so delicious

arbys-roast-beef.jpg

taking in more than what you're putting out is what gets you fat. yes, simple enough.
I don't buy into diet sodas or light salad dressing. Diet food is packed with salts and even more crap than the regular alternative. I'd rather just eat the real thing and deal with it.

i've become a water snob. oh, you don't drink water and only water? pfff, gutter trash. (but also milk, because protein)

dude, we should go lift together one day. ... do you even lift?

all i drink is green tea and water.

i also don't drink tap water, and am all about drinking R.O water, either specific waters like Dasani or Aquafina, not the bottled tap water like Evian, Nestle, etc. I have a culligan machine at home and get a couple jugs every other week delivered. Nothing better than having a Culligan machine beside your desk when hungover or to chug before you go to sleep so you don't wake up hungover at all.

i have about a half of a diet coke a day with my dinner. it's my replacement for coffee.

and i buy some light things, like mayonnaise. but most i just stick to the normal version. i'd rather take in a few more calories than eat all the chemical substitutes they put in the diet crap just to save some calories.

(except diet coke, of course. i've never liked regular coke, too much sugar, makes me feel sick)

Flouride is neurally toxic and is in almost all tap water including bottled waters like dasani.
"In point of fact, fluoride causes more human cancer death, and causes it faster, than any other chemical." Dr. Dean Burk, Chief Chemist Emeritus, U.S. National Cancer Institute

Im glad to hear you use a reverse osmosis system. Its one of the few systems that remove it.

Now if I could only convince you had bad the aspartame in the diet coke is.

Also, topically applied fluoride doesn't prevent tooth decay, but it does render teeth detectable by spy satellite.

god, this reminds me of shane and his crazy workout routine.

basically he ran 400k in like, 3 seconds and could bench press 400 pounds or some shit. dude was beast.

Sourdeez said:
Flouride is neurally toxic and is in almost all tap water including bottled waters like dasani.
"In point of fact, fluoride causes more human cancer death, and causes it faster, than any other chemical." Dr. Dean Burk, Chief Chemist Emeritus, U.S. National Cancer Institute

Im glad to hear you use a reverse osmosis system. Its one of the few systems that remove it.

Now if I could only convince you had bad the aspartame in the diet coke is.

drinking half a can of diet coke a day is not gonna hurt me.

im very aware how bad aspartame is. (as is just about everyone on the planet) i'm also aware that nearly everything we ingest at this point in time is riddled with chemicals unless you're earting fresh from a farmers stand year round, which i doubt.

what does someone who is stoned 24/7's diet consist of? that you wish to lecture me about the aspartame content in a daily 1/2 diet coke.

sorry to sound like a dick, just seems like you're lecturing me. which is hard to take when i've lived an extremely healthy lifestyle since highschool. and all you talk about is how you're baked, always. I just can't see a very healthy lifestyle coinciding with that.

IT'S JUST A HALF DIET COKE MAN, LET ME LIVE GOD DAMNIT, I NEED A VICE

Woh man, :lol:

I actually havnt been smoking so I can pass a drug test for a job. day 29 no smoking :) I also think your exaggerating about me talking about being stoned all the time. Yes it does come up but Its not over half my posts.

I was supporting you drinking clean water brother no need to be hostile. Im not lecturing anyone to do anything.

Sourdeez said:
Woh man, :lol:

I actually havnt been smoking so I can pass a drug test for a job. day 29 no smoking :)

I was supporting you drinking clean water brother no need to be hostile.

i know i was a dick i just explained myself ^^

*bro fist*

I dont drink coke with the high fructose corn syrup. But I do drink the ones with pure sugar. Which sure is still bad for me in another way.

Anyways good job living a healthy lifestyle. It can be alot harder this day and age than people think.

One of the good things I do every day though Is I wake up and juice 4 oranges and a green apple. Its about the only fruit I have in my diet though.

Oh yeah and I eat a few pounds of hotwings every week. I love hotwings. Makes me sad to see the prices on chicken wings going up :(

Sourdeez said:
I dont drink coke with the high fructose corn syrup. But I do drink the ones with pure sugar. Which sure is still bad for me in another way.

Anyways good job living a healthy lifestyle. It can be alot harder this day and age than people think.

One of the good things I do every day though Is I wake up and juice 4 oranges and a green apple. Its about the only fruit I have in my diet though. Oh yeah and I eat a few pounds of hotwings every week. I love hotwings. Makes me sad to see the prices on chicken wings going up :(

more than most people do. everything helps. in the end the guy who spent his life livin 100% healthy could die at 30 riddled with cancer or from a heart attack, and the guy who did nothing could live to 100.

such is life.. i guess the guy who tried has better odds, i just do it cause i feel like shit if i dont since i'm so used to it.

Touching.

UPDATE TIME! Alright, we've got proof of what everyone's resolved to do (mod interference aside), so now it's time to check to see if we've made moves on things after the first month of 2013.

Me? Health things have been progressing fairly steadily. It seems to be going alright so far, although the road is long and I'm terrified of everything. I've also started going walking more with friends, although not with the particular friend I had in mind at the time of resolution, ironically! The rest is being worked on, but no significant progress yet. I hope to change that soon. Oh, and I do own like... half a new set of better clothes. lol

NEXT!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle