Mass Effect 3 |OT|

Forget you veteran packs my heart belongs to Spectre packs. I wonder how much they will make off of Dan purchasing booster packs.

I havent touched the MP yet. If anybody in my friends list sees me on, invite me to a match. Otherwise, I doubt I'll play it much. I'm not that interested in playing with strangers.

Played for a few hours last night. Tried to complete a gold challenge 3 or 4 times. Was in a pretty good group but we'd always wipe on the 8th or 9th wave.

So where the hell is Dr. Michel for me to recruit them? I told Chakwa to stay on the citadel but I cant find Michel to talk to her.

Lethean said:
So where the hell is Dr. Michel for me to recruit them? I told Chakwa to stay on the citadel but I cant find Michel to talk to her.

She should be somewhere in the med center.

Also, most frustrating thing I've come across so far: not finishing some of the side quests quickly, and then advancing too far in the main quest, and then not being able to complete some of them. Completely stupid.

I didn't know that's a risk Nick :/. I'm doing as many sidequests now. It seems pretty bleak. I feel like even with a high number of assets most of my team and crew will be lost as will all those Shepherd cares about.

And I cannot find Michel anywhere. Hope that shit isn't bugged.

I rarely play a game like Mass Effect and try to play it "perfectly" on the first playthrough. Just enjoy yourself and let the story unfold as it does. You'll have lots of other chances to play it and not miss anything and get the "best" endings.

Oh I know. I'm really just playing it how I'd play anything else - Do all the sidequests, answer dialogue how I'd answer, sleep with who'd I'd likely sleep with...Although I kinda wish I dumped Liara for Miranda or got with Ashley.

I'm just speaking purely on a level of emotional investment to the characters. Garrus better not die.

It's not really that I'm trying to be a completionist, more so, "hey, I can go turn this quest in at the citadel now! Oh, wait, WTF? I just spent a bunch of time getting that shit and now I can't turn it in?!?!"

I think I'm likely to play all 3 games again in an epic run. I want to try out some different romance options, and save some people differently.

Well, I beat it.

In regards to the ending...I found it more intriguing and thought provoking over downright terrible.

And I think this is why people hate it. It's not the ending anyone expected; an ending that brings a sense of closure and changes the future, taking cues from the journey before you.

I beat it and disagree 100% with Links, the ending people wanted was an ending that reflected the choices made in 1,2 and 3. While not explicitly promised, they did make huge claims about the effect decisions would have, like saving the Rachni, Wrex living, what not. The effects were there, but so muted and interchangeable, and clearly had no final effect on the ending.

Having a united galaxy under the care of a lawful and just shepard created the exact same ending as being a gun ho speciest

After spending 120+ hours, and $180 or so I feel pretty underwhelmed with the ending, the only ending id find worse if you woke up and were actually some teenager who was day dreaming in class

I think regardless of our opinions on the ending, most will agree kai leng is a shit character shoe-horned in to tie in with the books

come on, someone at Bioware's character development had a hard on for anime, in a world of lasers and planet destroying weapons, a cyber ninja with a darkwing mask is an odd fit

Icepick said:
I think regardless of our opinions on the ending, most will agree kai leng is a s*** character shoe-horned in to tie in with the books

come on, someone at Bioware's character development had a hard on for anime, in a world of lasers and planet destroying weapons, a cyber ninja with a darkwing mask is an odd fit

To be fair, he did have a good death scene.

LinksOcarina said:
Icepick said:
I think regardless of our opinions on the ending, most will agree kai leng is a s*** character shoe-horned in to tie in with the books

To be fair, he did have a good death scene.

only because knowing you wont see that japanime bullshit character again made it so enjoyable

In other news, rumors floating around on biowares forums that DLC is expected to hit in April which will provide the true ending, supposedly they purposely made this shit ending so they could flush out a proper one in DLC (some say to make money, some say to prevent leaks)

I smell bullshit, especially when lead designer went to twitter to say they wanted that ending because it was thought provoking and something that would be discussed for ages

than again another staff member stated "if people knew what we had in store they'd hang onto their copies"

Again I highly doubt any game ending altering DLC is on its way (and if it is, I wont fucking pay for it, you purposely created a shit ending to make me pay extra so I could see a conclusion to a trilogy?

The games been review bombed to two and a half stars on Amazon, and apparently took a heavy stock hit, some game retailers are marking it down to $40 new, $70 for collectors just to get rid of their remaining inventory, as they're being flooded with returns

While I absolutely hate the endings, as they have major plot holes, and just completely disregard your play style throughout the entire game, I think the review bombing is overboard

But after DA-2 and now ME3's garbage ending, I have no future interest to invest in any of BW's products. If there's one positive the endings created, it's that people are no longer complaining about day 1 DLC for a important character

furtermore, from an interview regarding mass effects multiple endings in january

360 Magazine: How on Earth are you going to end Shepard’s story in a satisfactory way for everyone?

Mike Gamble: There are many ways to end Shepard’s story, right? I wouldn’t necessarily say ending Shepard’s story means one thing or the other, like life or death or whatever. It comes to a conclusion and how you get to that conclusion.

There a risks involved in how you get there or how you completely not get there. As in the previous games, you’ll make a decision and you’ll see the outcome and there are huge risks to all of those decisions. It’s not cut and dry.

now watch all of the endings, space magic in 3 different colors, seriously, all endings, side by side, tell me they're different, go ahead and try:

http://youtu.be/rPelM2hwhJA

dude...just give it up.

I am sick of hearing about this. I didn't like the ending but I wont let it sour my love for the game, that I am playing right now.

LinksOcarina said:
dude...just give it up.

I am sick of hearing about this. I didn't like the ending but I wont let it sour my love for the game, that I am playing right now.

why, after investing in a godly amount of time over three installments, all purchased new, with DLC, I feel I have a right to complain about a lackluster ending that makes zero sense in the universe they created

or that the DLC on day 1 they claimed was created after the game was finished, only to be found on the disc, possible to unlock without purchase

or that the choices you make, the galactic readiness you achieve means shit all, when they plugged it as "choices you make matter"

no where did i say it was a sit series, still my favorite gaming trilogy bar none, but there's no denying that while 99% of the game is golden, the epitome of story telling in a game, the ending is so lackluster and hastily thrown together it makes the entire adventure worthless

Am I being a bitter sand-vag like Longo? Yes
Should it be taken with a grain of salt? Yes
Does it mean the ending is ok than? fuck no

Plus the idea that they're coming out with DLC for purchase to fix this is a slap in the face. If I as a consumer accept sub-par quality, I can expect to get more of the same

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod