GTA V

Yeah, Rockstar are handling this like a bunch of cunts.
Regretting my PS3 purchase, now. Should've just fucking torrented it when i came out for PC and not bothered with online at all.

Still need to finish single player. It's like the moment I sit down the kids or my wife desire my full attention. And then when I do sit down I get caught up in just cruising or taking Chop for a walk.

Just don't do any of the assassination missions until after you finish the final heist. All 3 characters of mine have around 1.3 billion dollars because of that.

If only the online money worked that well.

So with GTA Online, you can customize the name of your crew's ranks. GR's was default rank titles. So, I took the privilege to change the titles and made them based on our forum medals.

Rank 1-10: Grasshopper
Rank 11-20: Flying Monkey
Rank 21-30: Impeccable Tiger
Rank 31-40: Pouncing Turtle
Rank 41-50: Mad Cow
Rank 51-60: Soaring Phoenix
Rank 61-70: Drunken Master
Rank 71-80: Silent Mantis
Rank 81-90: Immobile Oak
Rank 91-100: Kung Fu Elvis

UghRochester said:
So with GTA Online, you can customize the name of your crew's ranks. GR's was default rank titles. So, I took the privilege to change the titles and made them based on our forum medals.

I had this exact thought but I didn't do it because I could only remember like three of them because I'm old and dumb. Good job, Howard!

used44 said:
UghRochester said:

I had this exact thought but I didn't do it because I could only remember like three of them because I'm old and dumb. Good job, Howard!

Meh... I like the underboss, doughboy, thug, merc, rankings better.

Also, 64 Crew members! How big is the biggest crew?!

The IGN ones have like thousands.

Also, one new thing I don't like? If you get killed in your personal vehicle with a wanted level, it gets impounded. Not a big deal, except if you ever request a different personal vehicle, then IT'S GONE! FOREVER! You can never get it back! It doesn't matter if you put 30 grand into it, if you didn't drop what you were doing and go and get it without ever needing another vehicle, you've lost it.

Again, this all comes down to the major root of what displeasures I have with GTA:O. It is too difficult to make money. Meanwhile, every time you run out of money it straight up asks you if you want to do a microtransaction to get more. If it didn't have microtransactions, and blatant ones at that, I could let this stuff slide more easily. But it's like someone's squatting naked in front of the screen with his balls covering up part of the game, and every time you ask him to move he says "If you kiss my balls, I'll let you play completely!"

Green_Lantern said:
LinksOcarina said:
So....can I say its broken still without reprisal?

This comes to mind.

There is a difference between unabashful hate, and actual issues leading to it.

I like GTA, but frankly the online portion is terrible. And the continuous issues nagging it are just showing the cracks in the foundation if you ask me.

What is the point? It's a massive online world. Some stuff is broken, some stuff isn't. I think it's perfectly playable and there's actually a lot of fun to be had in GTA Online, especially if you've beaten the single-player game. Do I wish the money was easier to come by? Yes, but that's because I don't have the kind of time I'd *like* to spend on GTA.

What is really "terrible" about it at this stage of development? Cracks in the foundation? What are those?

danielrbischoff said:
What is the point? It's a massive online world. Some stuff is broken, some stuff isn't. I think it's perfectly playable and there's actually a lot of fun to be had in GTA Online, especially if you've beaten the single-player game. Do I wish the money was easier to come by? Yes, but that's because I don't have the kind of time I'd *like* to spend on GTA.

What is really "terrible" about it at this stage of development? Cracks in the foundation? What are those?

The point is that Rockstar fucked up and we should acknowledge it. And they seem to be working to fix it, but frankly I don't get why we should give them leeway.

Hell, the "give everyone a half of million dollars in-game" part as compensation I think is just a smokescreen behind the fact that they are slow on the uptake in fixing things. But don't let my curmudgeon self destroy your enjoyment I guess.

I will see you on though when I can be on. Well have fun killing people.

Lol. Being honest there are and we're broken things. But I know they fixed a portion and will continue to do so. That being said, how much beta testing and how big of group sizing were they using? Most MMOs drop tons of time and resources into this. On a multifront MP/SP title like this, resource splitting is always an issue. So I wonder what all they did.

Bretimus_v2 said:
how much beta testing and how big of group sizing were they using? Most MMOs drop tons of time and resources into this. On a multifront MP/SP title like this, resource splitting is always an issue. So I wonder what all they did.
What they should have done was given Collector's Edition suckers, I mean, purchasers early "beta" access to GTA Online, but that would have still driven headlines like "GTA V Sucks Because Online Doesn't Work" on launch day which is exactly what they didn't want.

Maybe no matter what they did it was going to have problems right out the gate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle