Favourite and worst GTA?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Bazooka56, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Bazooka56

Bazooka56 Rookie

What's the worst and the best Gta you played? My Personal faivourite was San Andrea s and the worst was GTA London (mostly because the games story was in the 60's and I never got used to drive to the left side of the road in GTA)

2. NjNakedSnake

NjNakedSnake Rookie

Fav GTA: Vice City

Worst GTA: IV

3. UnDErGroUNdTaGga

Favorite was GTA IV and Worst Vice City

4. Boringman54

Boringman54 Rookie

Fave: San Andreas
    Worst: GTA 2

5. crazycracker22

Any one wish to elaborate?

6. Mitchy_Slick_253

Favorite: GTA SA

Worst: GTA IV

SA was the best because they had RPG elements. a HUGE map it was a state not a little city like IV. you could pimp out or customize any car. there was a lot to do and a huge variety of missions. IV just went back to the basics and based the game off good graphics and physics.

but i will still download GTA IV when it comes out for the PC

7. Mistajiggyfly

Mistajiggyfly Rookie

I was really disappointed with IV for the same reasons Mitchy stated above me, but I wouldn't say it was the worst. I've gotta say London for that one, I just never got into it.

Favorite is definitely San Andreas.

8. ScientificDJ

ScientificDJ Rookie

Fave: Liberty City Stories
    Worst: GTA IV

Don't ask me why, I just found Liberty City Stories really fun. It was a good little distraction for a while. I am really disappointed with GTA IV, though. Everything that I read about it made me think it was going to be this revolutionary, genre changing free roamer, and when I got it it was just San Andreas in a city. I don't reckon graphics are even very good.

9. GiftedMonkey

GiftedMonkey Rookie

Favorite: Vice City. The atmosphere was perfect and it had everything a GTA game needed, and nothing it didnt. San Andreas had an atmosphere that was just as good, but it was just so big, there were so many gameplay aspects, and as the story got deeper I just found myself less interested by the end. BUT SA had better replay value. I dont really play VC anymore, but I will play SA just to cruise around the countryside or fly from place to place.

Worst: That's easy, GTA III. The gameplay was restrictive, the graphics were muddy, the music sucked (and the radio stations did not sound realistic, and if they were supposed to be satirical it was crappy satire), and there was zero character development. Worst of all, everyone went absolutely bazonkers over it. Anyone who was at GR in the fall of 2001 could look forward to pages and pages of topics about GTAIII. The only thing about it that impressed me about it was the fact that they made a big, living city. Unfortunately, many other games took this cue, resulting in approxametly 85% of new games being released described as "its like [previous installment of game] meets GTAIII" or "its like GTAIII but with _________!"

Disclaimer: I havent played GTA IV yet.

10. Krowsnose

Krowsnose Rookie

Favorite: GTA 3, was a dark environment and non stop fun when it came out
    Worst: Vice City, I just didn't like the story or the characters

11. Rekkie7

Rekkie7 Rookie

Worst gta 1
    Best gta iv

I think each game has been an improvement over the next. I wasn't all that impressed with SA for some reason but do recongise it as an improvement.

12. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Worst: GTA Vice City, for the same reason as Krow. I didn't like the kitschy 80's Miami vibe. I get it, I just didn't enjoy it.

Best: GTA2.