Did anyone start playing GTA IV only to stop part way thru?

I love the game, but not more than the predecessors. It does some amazing things, but tramples on some of the brightest parts of the legacy by treading so whole heartedly in to linear gameplay.

As for stopping, I was forced to, for whatever reason. I'm not sure if it was an outright bug or just the result of a decision I made somewhere, but I stopped receiving missions from everyone but Packie's family and the Italians after the fuzz moved in on the Bohan folks. Eventually, I stopped receiving missions from the Italians, too. I ended up restarting and have since surpassed my previous progress, but I was pretty steamed about having the rug tugged out from under me after a good twenty hours.

I got relatively far in it but then the all famous, all powerful church of Blizzard pulled me back to the WoW. I want to finish GTA but hitting 70 and gearing always sounds more appealing to me.

^Another victim of War Crack. It's okay buddy treatment centers are scheduled to popping-up all over the US this holiday season.

schimmel said:
I got relatively far in it but then the all famous, all powerful church of Blizzard pulled me back to the WoW. I want to finish GTA but hitting 70 and gearing always sounds more appealing to me.
But WoW sux0rz!

i finished it to 100% and messed around with online for awhile, but i havnt played it in almost a month.

i was busy with other stuff, then i got the ps3 and resistance, then the other day i grabbed mgs4. then gamestop had a brand new copy of condemned 2 on sale for 30 bucks. im also really wanting to get mass effect and saints row 2 comes out in a couple of months. on top of that, ive been reading through the 8-bit arcade archives, so now im playing the old NES final fantasy on top of all that.

ill make it back to liberty city eventully i guess. :roll:

Got roughly 40% though the game before complete and overwhelming disinterest set in. What I don't understand is the AIDS-infected cock-up of a rehashed driving control scheme that makes driving a car more difficult in the game than in real life. Most of vehicles turn like a f**kn tractor. That's not realistic, its bloody annoying.

Acid_Fueled said:
Got roughly 40% though the game before complete and overwhelming disinterest set in. What I don't understand is the AIDS-infected c***-up of a rehashed driving control scheme that makes driving a car more difficult in the game than in real life. Most of vehicles turn like a f**kn tractor. That's not realistic, its bloody annoying.

You must suck or have awful taste in cars to steal. Some cars handle horribly, others require a bit more familiarity and care and still others drive like the finely tuned sports cars they are. Also, the control scheme is extremely similar to those used in, well, every racing game in the past 3 years, including the good ones (GT, Forza).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle