May Hell Fire Fall.....GTA related.

Maybe you are aware, maybe you don't care, but GTA 4 has been delayed......I've been a member of GTA forums for the past 2 weeks and have been feverishly posting, so this news hits me very very hard. It's fairly huge news, stock is down, fans are enraged, dissapointment and resentment is growing. Black Thursday it was yesterday as the news struck. Blame the PS3 for pushing back this Epic Title.....damn Sony.
http://www.gta4.net/news/index.php

The complete Press Release
http://ir.take2games.com/ReleaseDetail. ... eID=258238

Here's the GTA forums as of now, tons of GTA delay threads
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showforum=120

SO< GTA IV will NOT be releasing on October 16th, I don't know what will happen to my pre-order. It will be pushed into the Fiscal year of 2008. This means another 6/7 months of wait. Thus, on top of the scarce amount of info on this game available to us, NOW, we don't even have a release date. It could be summer for all we know!!!! This completely sucks and read the threads for feedback from true GTA fans. BTW, I'm Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake on the site. Rockstar is getting a lotta hate from the fans, me included.

I would rather wait for a game than have them release a half assed effort. I think a lot of games have been rushed and should have had a little more work done on them. Now I'm not saying that this is the case with GTA The Number Fourth, but I'm just saying their must be a reason for the delay. Rockstar knows its stuff so I have faith.

I'll probably get lynched for this but I'm relatively happy about this. What with Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, Skate and of course Halo 3 coming out this year in quick succession plus my third year of university starting I don't think I'd be able to survive with another must have game out this year, at least this way I can stagger the purchases a bit more.

Also, this should really be in General so I'm moving it.

Sam

That's true that so many games are packed from here till Christmas, it is kinda alright because I can hold out with HL2, BioShock, Halo 3, Assassin's Creed, SSBB, plus many other games.

grandmagoodtimes said:
I would rather wait for a game than have them release a half assed effort. I think a lot of games have been rushed and should have had a little more work done on them. Now I'm not saying that this is the case with GTA The Number Fourth, but I'm just saying their must be a reason for the delay. Rockstar knows its stuff so I have faith.

that is a really good point a game should take time before it is released because no one wants to be playing a sloppy game with bad graphics, point of views, and camera angles. My favorite games come from rockstar especially bully.

Its funny how scenarios like this reveal how true the lady from Gladiator was when she said, "The mob is a fickle beast"

Its called life ladies and gentleman, and the unexpected is a huge part of it. R* has had an impeccable track record for releases and now that ONE game is getting pushed back, probably for unforeseen difficulties in development, people start lambasting them. Chill the fuck out, wait a few months. Play some LAIR or Halo 3 or Assassins Creed, or one of the hundred other games coming out this year, and when we are all crying that no new good games are being made until x-mas time next year, we'll have a healthy cut of GTA to feast upon.

Like grandma said, its better to take your time and make something good, then make something half assed for impatient people. Because all of you that bitching because its delayed are the ones that would bitching about the glitches if they released it early for you.

NjNakedSnake said:
You're happy, shame shame Sam.

Shame on him for wanting a complete polished game instead of a rush job with glitches? Your posts truly astound me at times.

Grey said:
NjNakedSnake said:
You're happy, shame shame Sam.

Shame on him for wanting a complete polished game instead of a rush job with glitches? Your posts truly astound me at times.

Ummm, did you even read his post Furlong? He's happy because he wont, "be able to survive with another must have game out this year...", not because he would prefer a 'complete polished game instead of a rush job with glitches'. Your posts truly amuse and confuse me at times.

And clearly you haven't read the entire report, thread and two posts your highlighting and put them into context. Try again.

Know what was predictable? That GTA4 would be delayed. Ssssssssssay what.

Also, I'm with Sam. Too many must-have games coming out. Not that I would normally be complaining about that, but it just helps me get over the oh-so-dramatic loss of GTA.

This is actually good news, more money to buy all those other games.

Gotta love how the fanboys jumped on this, one side blaming Sony for the delay, the other blaming MS. It was inevitable I guess. I wish it was a Sony exclusive, though. I wonder if the DVD is holding it back, the game must be huge if they go all out..

If you're getting this worked up about a game like Grand Theft Auto... you need serious help. I don't understand how anyone can be so addicted to such a despicable, disgusting series of games that required something like the original post. Black Thursday? Get a fucking life.

masterchris said:
If you're getting this worked up about a game like Grand Theft Auto... you need serious help. I don't understand how anyone can be so addicted to such a despicable, disgusting series of games that required something like the original post. Black Thursday? Get a f****** life.

I'm with Mc on this one. I don't see the appeal of this game series at all. In fact I think its a waste of money, manpower, and developer's brain power. It's controversial because it builds on exactly what some parents say is too violent and too numbing. I agree. A game series such as this takes away from any tasteful story telling or action and adds a "do what ever you want to do" quality relating to drugs and violence that any other self-respecting game wouldn't touch.

This mocks the real world problems we have to deal with and doesn't help the industry at all-does line R* pockets like their whores in the game though. Too bad you don't have the option to hit them with your car after their through and get your money back, right?

-dL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod