Grand Theft Auto Online

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/gta- ... 15th-20929

GTAV's multiplayer has been revealed as "GTA Online." A somewhat separate mode that could evolve over time. I think this will be the reason to have your current-gen consoles plugged in for the next few years.

Basically, Red Dead's multiplayer with Max Payne 3's shooting system and character customization, set in Los Santos.

This will be my jam.

Yeah, it looks incredible. I'm a little disappointed that they're holding it two weeks after launch because it's going to totally fuck up the review process. Basically I won't score it until the multiplayer arrives, but over all I'm really impressed at what they're putting together.

Like golf. I did not anticipate playable multiplayer golf, but it's in there. What else is in there? The underwater stuff, the submarine (see it pop up out of the water in the lighthouse scene?). I LOOOOOOVED RDR's multiplayer with the free roam and gang hideouts, and now basically it's that x1,000,000 thanks to Rockstar giving players the ability to create new races, deathmatch maps, and eventually special missions/hideouts.

Then there's also the whole "come chill at my hideout and we'll fast travel somewhere else in Los Santos thing."

Used, why don't you have a PS3?

I seriously want to race you guys in those rocket-firing planes!

It looks pretty damn incredible.

danielrbischoff said:
Yeah, it looks incredible. I'm a little disappointed that they're holding it two weeks after launch because it's going to totally fuck up the review process. Basically I won't score it until the multiplayer arrives, but over all I'm really impressed at what they're putting together.

Like golf. I did not anticipate playable multiplayer golf, but it's in there. What else is in there? The underwater stuff, the submarine (see it pop up out of the water in the lighthouse scene?). I LOOOOOOVED RDR's multiplayer with the free roam and gang hideouts, and now basically it's that x1,000,000 thanks to Rockstar giving players the ability to create new races, deathmatch maps, and eventually special missions/hideouts.

Then there's also the whole "come chill at my hideout and we'll fast travel somewhere else in Los Santos thing."

Used, why don't you have a PS3?

I'm surprised they don't open up the multiplayer for like a week before release so reviewers could try it out.

used44 said:
We played Red Dead and MP3 on the Xbox, motherfucker
I know but I can't buy two copies and I have this sinking feeling that Rockstar won't send us both review copies for both platforms (though it's also possible we could get snubbed and not receive a thing anyway).
Green_Lantern said:
I'm surprised they don't open up the multiplayer for like a week before release so reviewers could try it out.
That's what they should do and I could see that happening, but not if the wide release is a full two weeks after the game comes out.
cyberjim2000 said:
Too bad it's not cross platform, we could've been our own gang.
The Rockstar Social Club Crew is cross-platform though we wouldn't be able to interact in game. Here's a link to the crew if you haven't already joined up:
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/gamerevolution

Well I will be getting it for PS3 and if you guys don't hear from me after it comes out I'll be dead from not moving from my couch

danielrbischoff said:
I just don't have the hard drive space on 360, but plenty of room for installing on PS3.

Delete those My Little Pony Forza car skins. It's not that hard.

lol, you know me too well, Used. I know I'll want to play with the 360 crowd as well.... shit I'll probably end up trading in stuff for a second copy on Xbox.

I haven't been this excited about a game since... probably Arkham City....

This is gonna be awesome, when it's eventually released for PC.
Then - faster servers, better graphics, 60FPS instead of 30...
It'll be sweet.

You guys should join in. Ditch the next gen of consoles and spend the money on a PC instead.

How good of a PC do I need to be an elitist asshole? Because my PC is pretty good, but I haven't received any elitism yet.

Have you played max payne 3 on it? GTAV is using the same engine. May not be super accurate results though as max payne 3s levels tend to be small and fairly linear.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod