Dark Souls

I went to the midnight release. I was one of the few who wasn't a fat neckbeard, including the fat neckbeards who were there with their short, chubby girlfriends. That's not counting the few people getting Rage or NBA 2K12. Or the old guy with the shaved head, the pierced nose and the "lol, n00b" t-shirt.

You know what I love? If you just sit on the balcony for a while on the first boss, it'll fly up to you and destroy the balcony.

Green_Lantern said:
Just lost like 6000 souls because I got careless after I died....Sigh.
Yeah, that keeps happening to me. I've been enjoying it a shitload so far. I feel a little lost sometimes, but that'll go away when I know the game better.

I'm still really early, though. Just beat the Taurus Demon and got past the dragon. Again, I found a safe place and idled there for a bit. The dragon then flew over above me and started breathing fire down on me rather than sitting in its spot and just repeating the action. Great feature.

Yeah I finished tonight in the same exact place...I beat the Taurus Demon and got past the dragon bridge with my level 1 Pyro, so after that I just took the shortcut back to the campfire and farmed souls for a bit to get up to level 5.

From what I've seen, Pyro is sort of the Royal of Dark Souls. While it's actually really hard, I'm enjoying my knight. I'm just sticking with full knight's armor, a kite shield and claymore. I decided not to bother with my equip burden below 50% for now. Not worth it when I can just be invincible.

I'll probably go pick it up tommorow.

After finishing I'll try and scour a Demon's Souls copy. Should be fun. :)

This is probably a game I'll pick up later, when I see the inevitable $35 sale on Amazon.

i'm really bummed that i didn't preorder because my review copy was just the regular 360 version and now no where around can i find a collector's ps3 version....

i guess i'll go get the regular ps3 copy

You'd be surprised. PM me. This gives me a good idea for Christmas time.... More on that later...

Anyways, has anyone else started a new game after getting about three hours in? That's what I did while I was reviewing, everything went a lot sooner when I knew what to save souls for etc

Okay, for those of you playing, when you get the first Fire Soul from the church, DON'T use it. Take it to Firelink and go down the stairs by the guy who greets you. There you'll find a girl behind some bars who'll reinforce your Estus Flasks.

Having a bitch of a time in Undead Parish right now...

My biggest problem is just knowing what stats to upgrade when I level up. I'm just kinda putting points where I think would be useful.

Undead Parish is a total bitch. I'm at the boss now (think Maneaters) and it's a pain.

But apparently it gets a whole lot worse in the swamp and the poison areas.

Oh, and for those who want a really good sword, check this out. Warning, it's a bit overpowered.

Where is the first campfire at in the Parish? I just got past the steel warthog thing and picked up the Mystery Key...But I'm out of Estus Flasks and my health is pretty low, so I'm about to go back to the one in the Burg if I'm not close to a new one....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle