Dark Souls

What is it about that little teary eyed emoticon that emasculates forum sharks into forum goldfish?

Diabolus the forum shark said:
danielrbischoff said:
The review copy for GR is in the mail...

On it's way to my house!

Good luck. You don't strike me as a particularly skillful gamer. No offense.

Diabolus the forum goldfish said:
danielrbischoff said:

I don't mean that you suck at games, I just meant that Dark Souls will require an extreme amount of skill and patience. :love:

danielrbischoff said:
I have Demon's Souls and it was too easy because the hints gave everything away.
Is that why you don't have a single Demon's Souls trophy? Not even the one for beating the first boss in the game who you're required to beat to do any other levels?

tinymhg said:
What is it about that little teary eyed emoticon that emasculates forum sharks into forum goldfish?

Diabolus the forum shark said:
danielrbischoff said:
The review copy for GR is in the mail...

On it's way to my house!

Good luck. You don't strike me as a particularly skillful gamer. No offense.

Diabolus the forum goldfish said:
danielrbischoff said:

I don't mean that you suck at games, I just meant that Dark Souls will require an extreme amount of skill and patience. :love:

Different days, different blood alcohol levels. However, it's getting pretty high right now. :twisted:

danielrbischoff said:
THAT'S IT! DARK SOULS GETS A C- BECAUSE OF ALL OF YOU! I'LL PUT YOUR GODDAM NAMES IN THE REPORT CARD I SWEAR

Lv. 145 Black Phantoms are already on the way.

There's a full review embargo until October 4th. I'm wondering if I can stream my entire day of gameplay tomorrow.... off to e-mail the press reps I go!

Considering there have been thousands of streams and gameplay journals and all of that, I don't doubt they'd let you.

De-Ting said:
...review embargo? Is there a story behind this worth knowing?
Sure. I'll write a manifesto tomorrow to explain because i think you guys really like the transparency here at GR and embargoes aren't exactly common knowledge among gamers.

Doesn't it just mean "Don't publish reviews before this date or we won't give you copies and sue you" or something like that?

It's one of the many ways the publishers have strong-armed the whole journalism/reviewing industry, and when coupled with the "incentives" to give a good review, it can be deadly.

Well after listening to podtoid all the time last year, I just thought embargoes meant you couldn't talk about the game at all, but I'm sure different publishers have different rules.

And I would assume if it's already out in Japan, they wouldn't care about a stream - but who knows.

danielrbischoff said:
That's the Longo and the short but it does get more complicated and it's not so outright threatening to the journalist.
Fixed.

I think Longo did a pretty good assessment of what an embargo is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod