Dark Souls

De-Ting said:
Well then some publishers should stop publishing bad games.

Longo_2_guns said:
Pretty much that. You don't want people to know how bad your game is? Don't make a bad game.

Some reviewers have sticks up their ass. Hell, look at some of the scores for Resistance 3 then compare them to games like Space Marine or Dead Island. Inconsistency.

So just because a game gets a bad review, doesn't make it a bad game. THAT's why games don't sell, but everyone continues to whine about Call of Duty. If reviewers didn't shoot down everything that tries to do something different, but just needs some work, maybe the sheep known as Gamers would buy them. Maybe then, shooters wouldn't dominate the market.

You're right, not all reviewers will have the same opinion, but if a game really is good, word will get around. One way you can rise above shoddy reviews is to release a demo. If people get to try it for free, they're more likely to decide for themselves.

Guess they weren't shitting around when it came to that street date.

EDIT: Well yeah, demos are good. but apparently demos take too much work. Apparently.

The thing with Dead Island and Space Marine is that they are kinda flawed though.

But yeah, if a game really is good, then there will be a lot of good reviews for it.

Though even then, it's not a good marker because a lot of the big reviews are "swayed" in favor of the game.

Do I need to play the first game to understand the story? I'm planning on getting it. I like challenges. :)

danielrbischoff said:
Kijan said:
Do I need to play the first game to understand the story? I'm planning on getting it. I like challenges. :)
No.

Thank you. I just hope it'll turn out as hard as people make it seem to be, considering I didn't have the chance to play its predecessor. :D

There's one character from Demon's Souls who makes a cameo. It's Patches the Hyena. He's probably the only character from Demon's Souls they could have, since all the rest are pretty rooted in their areas.

So it looks like I will have to wait till October 6th to play this...For some reason there wasn't a release day shipping option on Amazon when I preordered it back in May, and now when I try to change shipping preferences to release day shipping it keeps telling me that an error occurred...

At least I still get the Collector's edition.

Yeah, that was a good review. I could nitpick Daniel about it for a while, but I don't want to. I've done that enough. Poor Daniel put his whole heart and soul into playing that game.

Regardless, for those of you who are getting this, what console? What class are you going to play? Covenant? Do you even know the Covenants? Because I sure as fuck don't. I think I'm going to go for the titty monster one, or the giant Wolf with a sword one.

I have no doubt that sharing information will help us all out greatly, since not everyone is as talented as me.

PS3 for me. And I will probably start out with either a knight, cleric, or pyromancer, though I'm not really sure yet.

The Blade of the Darkmoon covenant sounds pretty badass...I mean, who doesn't want to assassinate bitches who broke the code.

Yeah, Darkmoon looks like a good one to do on my first playthrough. Second playthrough, definitely going for the Gravelord Servant. Gotta do it at least once.

For the record the covenant list is here

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod