Consider This a New Chat Topic

StalfrosCC said:
What? Nobody said you could kill my very successful experiment!!!

Your experiment isn't dead, it just hasn't been posted in for a while. I decided since this thread had gotten way off topic after post 3 it was time for a new one. You know, a new summer a new chat thread. Consider yours the grandfather of these, and mine will hope to be anywhere near as good as yours in the next year.

Wes said:
About the original point made, I don't mind the white, I've gotten used to it. But clicked links showing up as yellow sucks.
See, the yellow could stay and everyone's retinas would be happy if the black was back. But yeah, as long as the white is here, I'd like to be able to read clicked links without highlighting them.

England and USA will surely go through in their group. Slovenia and Algeria really do suck. Saying that, England are playing like absolute gunches at the moment. We cant even score VS Japan -_-

De-Ting said:
Wes said:
About the original point made, I don't mind the white, I've gotten used to it. But clicked links showing up as yellow sucks.
See, the yellow could stay and everyone's retinas would be happy if the black was back. But yeah, as long as the white is here, I'd like to be able to read clicked links without highlighting them.

that's why whenever I link something (since the color change) I make the actual text color red so that it never does turn yellow, thereby helping peoples' eyes!

World Cup is going to rock. El futbol es bueno!!! AY AY AY!!!

On the topic of chat, why are you in the DR, Schim? It's nice for short stays, but spending a whole sweltering summer there?

Bretimus_v2 said:
On the topic of chat, why are you in the DR, Schim? It's nice for short stays, but spending a whole sweltering summer there?

Funny you should mention that, I've been asked this quite a bit over the years and I think it's time one thread has the absolute answer.

My dad works for the US Foreign Service (a branch of the State Department). Currently he's the acting DCM (the right hand man to the ambassador down here), usually he's the Consul General; the difference: different responsibilities. In terms of pay and ranking he's as high as he can get without becoming ambassador. Currently, he's stationed in Santo Domingo, the Dominican Republic and he has been for the past four years. I go down here every summer to see him and my mom, and the US Embassy down here employs their employees' kids in order for us to have something to do down here. They pay VERY well, so I never have a problem working.

This is, however, my last summer down here because my parents are moving to Manila, the Philippines in the fall, where my dad will resume the role of Consul General. I won't be visiting Manila until next summer, but there you have it. Because I grew up on the diplomatic side of the army brat life (even though if you use that term on me I will get very offended) I'm actually considering joining the Foreign service myself. Government provided housing in whatever country I'm assigned to, my necessities (water, power) paid for, a pretty decent salary, and being bilingual is both mandatory and they'll spend a year teaching me the language of my choice before I'm sent out on assignment are some of the perks. Of course the drawback is moving all the time, but I'm used to it.
Anyway, I'm down here again working for the Man getting paid far more than I should be and seeing my parents. Hopefully that answers your question in full.

And back to the other subject, the US and British embassies are getting together at the local Hooters to watch the USA-England World Cup game. I'm gonna play "who can get drunk the fastest" with most of them, and probably lose because I tend to drink too often and have too much of a tolerance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod