The Office (ALSO Parks & Rec) Weekly Discussion

You guys know I like The Office quite a bit. I've talked about, there's the whole weird thing with WickedLiquid.

Anyway, the show is ending this season, so if you've watched the series at all, the thread will be all about the episodes. I'll post reminders and recaps etc etc. This is really more fun for me than anything else, but I hope you'll join and watch every week alongside me, my girlfriend and Dwight, I mean WL.

Spoilers in question form:
How should the show end?
Should Michael come back?
Apparently we'll find out the identity of the Scranton Strangler, who could it be?
Drama will happen between Jim and Pam, kind of meh on this, would rather move every character forward.
Finally, we'll see the people behind the cameras, really wondering about this.

I wish it had ended a few seasons ago, honestly. I hate to be that guy, but it's undeniable the show was getting really bland and formulaic even before Steve Carrel's departure. Parks and Rec surpassed it long ago (and is now similarly overstaying its welcome).

That said, I've watched every ep. Ruby and I do not miss it for anything. I'll be right there with you guys.

I agree that The Office hasn't been good for awhile now, but I read that Greg Daniels is going to take a more hands on approach to the final season after letting others run the show for the last several years, and that has me hopeful that the show will go out on a high note.

I missed the Office completely and only recently found the show on TBS reruns. I don't know what I was doing on Thursdays up until this point.
I swear I do this stuff on purpose. I know a show is good but I just refuse to watch it until it has ran its course.
Wow, it's people like me who killed Arrested Development! (sry about that one, Shaft)

I won't make the same mistake with Community. I love that damn show ;_;
I'll join in on the Office watch and I'll make up for the lost time during the winter on DVD. I know it's good! What else can I say? I'm sorry!

So huh... which office we talking about is ending?
The british one?
15947__office_l.jpg

The french one?
Le_Bureau_cast.jpg

The german one?
stromberg3staffel.jpg

The canadian one?
La_Job.jpg

The israeli one?
The-Office.jpg

the swedish one?
kontoret.jpg

or the chilies one?
la_ofis.jpg

Or is this about the one that's going to be in china?

cause man, the jokes are starting to be over use... how many times do i have to see the darn stapler in the jello in every darn language!

Wow that's ridiculous. I didn't know about all those.

Reminds me of "Exporting Raymond" which is a great documentary.

Shaft said:
I agree that The Office hasn't been good for awhile now, but I read that Greg Daniels is going to take a more hands on approach to the final season after letting others run the show for the last several years, and that has me hopeful that the show will go out on a high note.
Agreed.
Chris said:
Everything he said.
It's not you that killed the show. It was the second Daniels stepped away from the helm and let Lieberstein run it. Last season was TERRIBLE. Watching it now really shows how bad it was.

The intro involving Jim sending Dwight a letter from Future Dwight is the best thing the Office has achieved.

The office is a great show but I don't watch it enough to follow the ongoing story arcs they have each season. It's like I'll watch some episodes where Jim and Pam are friends and then suddenly they're married and I'm like whaaaaat?

It was the same for That 70's Show, it was one of the funniest shows on TV but I just couldn't become a regular and watch every episode consecutively to understand the story arc each season.

I do find it funny though how Daniel and WickedLiquid are the new blood on GR's moderator team and they're obsessed with The Office. It's much better (and funnier) than those dark days with TNO in charge and Dark Legacy kissing his ass for real with no humour intended.

And WTF Lien there is no Canadian Office.

Someone should forget to turn the gas off and they all blow up in a fireball after winning the lottery but it was all just a dream.

Cooooooool.

The premiere episode airs on September 20th. If we're particularly motivated we can do a Parks and Rec discussion in here too.

The first five seasons were awesome IMO. From seasons 6-8 the show became very hit or miss. Although I will say I loved pretty much the last half of season 7. I hated how they basically turned Andy into Michael Scott, things he said or did while manager I could just picture Michael doing it if he was still boss. But Dwight and Jim kept me hooked.

It's sad to see it go but I'd say it's for the best.

Back when there was a Simpson's thread I listed my favourite 25 episodes, here's my top ten office episodes :)

#10 Niagra
scaledphpserver5filenam.jpg

Not everyone liked the sappy ending but the episode had some great moments through out. I especially love when Dwight tests Michael and Michael's stand up comedy routine.

#9 Gay Witch Hunt
theofficegaydarl.jpg

Michael finds out Oscar is gay (for realz) and goes to great lengths to try and accept his lifestyle into the office.

#8 Lecture Ciruit
tumblrksf6te25jx1qz4ueh.png

Dwight and Jim are in charge of the Party Planning Committee. Pam helps Michael deal with a broken heart during a cross country presentation to other branches.

#7 The Job
andyvsdwight.jpg

When a promotion is available at Dunder Mifflin, many people from The Office grab at the chance for the position. Michael believes he already has the job and makes the decision on his own to leave Dwight in charge..

#6 Ben Franklin
benfranklintheoffice28u.jpg

Phyils has a bachlorette party in the office. Jim hires a historian who Michael believes is an actual stripper and who Dwight believes is the real Ben Franklin who has traveled into the future.

#5 Goodbye Michael
123796.jpg

One of the saddest episodes on The Office but a classy good-bye to a great character with a satisfying one on one conclusion with everyone in The Office.

#4 Stress Relief
tumblrm94cshxesl1r9a32b.png

After a fake fire drill, Michael lets the office roast him in order to help relieve stress in the office.

#3 Dinner Party
theofficedinnerparty03.jpg

Michael comes up with a strategic plan that forces Jim and Pam to have dinner at his house with Jan.

#2 The Injury
10815535.jpg

Dwight attempts a rescue mission to save Michael from a deadly George Foreman that has burned his foot. The injury leaves Michael "disabled" and Dwight a little stranger than usual.

#1 The Dundies
2thedundies4.jpg

The episode that broke through and made the show it's own. While the first season was great, it was a lot like the British version. Once this season 2 premiere hit, the show took a form of its own.

Honourable mentions also goes out to the all of Jim's pranks such as imitating Dwight, putting Dwight's things in Jello, sending a fax from Future Dwight, naming Jim's team Voldemort, Jim turning the interview around when Dwight questions him about pot, and putting his desk in the men's bathroom

Dinner Party is hands-down the BEST episode of the entire series. There is literally not a single second of filler. It is hilarious all the way through.

That said all of the episodes you listed are great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod