The Office (ALSO Parks & Rec) Weekly Discussion

Clark Duke has been the only thing to make me laugh on that show in awhile. It's been a brutal time trying to watch. Just limping to the finish line now.

And all the direct references to Michael Scott without him there. If you love him so much you shoulda 2nd Darrin'ed him.

I don't see a satisfying ending to the show without them bringing Michael back in some way or another. I agree Dave, it's been a downward slope, but honestly at least there's SOME resolution on the horizon, better than them trying all sorts of different shit in the last few seasons and watching it all go no where.

Yes I agree with everyone about Clark. At first I was upset him and Pete replaced Kelly and Ryan because the actors were great writers and wrote alot of hilarious episodes. But Clark has warmed up to me and I enjoy his presence a lot.

The show should have ended with Michael Scott leaving. I really loved how they chose to send off his character and the show could have ended with us just assuming Will Ferrell was permanent.

Buuuuuut then again I have to say that season 8 did have moments of brilliance. They were few and far between but I felt the cast (minus Andy) did a great job carrying on the show.

But this season just suffered with terrible writing. From Dwight going on about how he collects cat turds to the boom mic operator becoming a character. Even Creed had some unfunny moments, how the hell can you screw up Creed???

As for the finale, I'm calling it, Michael Scott will return. It's what the fans want am I right? Also Angela and Dwight will finally hook back up, Pam will get off the rag and move to Philly, Erin and Pete will live happily ever after, Toby and Nelly will become an item, Andy will become a failing actor in TV commercials and leave Dunder Mifflin giving David Wallace no choice but to assign Dwight Shrute, once and for all, as Regional Manager. Then Creed will suffer from a headache, take some peyote instead of Tylenol by accident and will never be heard from again.

How did 4 or 5 people alone get one topic to nearly 6 pages? What can you guys possibly be discussing in here? What could possibly be happening on The Office (and parks and rec, respectively) to warrant such praise? Game of Thrones got 3 pages, max. What's going on in here!
Wuh.. are you guys swapping recipes?

Nothing has Kevin Mallone!
153simo.png

Your hero worship has been predicated upon lies, Daniel. Lies!

All hail Peter Dinklage, a true hero in these dark times!

sort of related: has The Office done a Game of Thrones parody? (season and episode plz)

It's been mentioned on the show I believe. Please don't derail this thread. It's quietly made it to 5 pages but I wouldn't want more if it's just a bunch of bull shit.

Feeling so meta right now.

I was surprised last week that the end of Parks and Rec's season was already here. Did anyone else know it was going to be so short? I have a feeling they're going to give it another very short season 6 ending. I hate NBC for killing the most inventive comedy they've done in years and actually moving past the laugh track. I guess CBS just kept hammering the laugh track and reached different audiences.

I'll be really sad to see this show go :-/

I love how the finale is going to center around Dwight and Angela. Ending it off with their wedding sounds good on paper and would be a satisfying ending to the show IMO. I knew Rainn Wilson was good actor in Super but when he said to Angela "I'm a dad"! I got a little choked up.

That dance scene with Darryl was pretty bad though, at least Creed made me chuckle.

May 16th it all ends. An hour pre-show with the cast and then an hour finale!

I really did not like it. But the retrospective beforehand was good, so yay overall.

WickedLiquid said:
As for the finale, I'm calling it, Michael Scott will return. It's what the fans want am I right? Also Angela and Dwight will finally hook back up, Pam will get off the rag and move to Philly, Erin and Pete will live happily ever after, Toby and Nelly will become an item, Andy will become a failing actor in TV commercials and leave Dunder Mifflin giving David Wallace no choice but to assign Dwight Shrute, once and for all, as Regional Manager. Then Creed will suffer from a headache, take some peyote instead of Tylenol by accident and will never be heard from again.

With the exception of Toby I was spot on! Even my joke about Creed wasn't too far off as he was never seen again until a year later. So yes, I loved the finale since it delivered on my predictions.

Only bad thing I could say was there wasn't enough Micheal Scott, he showed up for the wedding then took off. But I suppose a cameo is better than nothing. Also they never did solve the Scranton Strangler mystery, as soon as Dwight hired back Devon (the guy Micheal Scott fired instead of Creed) I thought OMG HE'S THE STRANGLER! But nope.

Considering this season was pretty terrible I have to say the finale was refreshing and enjoyable.

Good-bye Office

tumblr_mbt71zq9AD1r4t7nto1_250.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod