The Office (ALSO Parks & Rec) Weekly Discussion

I think that's also why the Giants game was played early in the morning. So stupid.

danielrbischoff said:
the latest FULL season of P&R is on Netflix now. The election season? There are only three episodes of season 5 so far.

Ah yes, I was thinking of How I Met Your Mother...that's the one that's missing a season still. Of shows that I've been watching at least.

Great episode, I liked everything except whenever Andy was trying to be funny. Jim and Dwight make a great duo. Not as great as Michael Scott and Dwight but still pretty awesome.

Parks and Rec was good too.

"I ate all the bananas so you can't play with those."

I finally watched the new episode. It was great! Best episode in a long time, I think. My only issue us with how awful Andy has been lately. Very odd character shift for him out if nowhere. But anyway, the rest was great. So many solid jokes.

Yeah, it's a huge jump from loveable dipshit to obnoxious douche bag. Also, I really could care less for the two new guys that are only going to be around for one season. Watch them try and make a spin-off called interns.

One of them might end up on Dwight's spin-off... maybe?

I finally got around to watching these episodes as well. I thought the Office was good, but not the best of the season thus far. Felt a little too much like last season's "every episode is an island." I want some big overarching plot... where is it? Jim's job? Not a whole lot of development there.

Parks and Rec was great though. Andy is always funny. Can't say I'm all that thrilled with Ben and April's whole side story though. I just want them back in Pawnee.

Ron and Tom's storyline had my wife laughing. Especially the trial at the open when Tom got offended for being accused of texting when he was tweeting.

And Tom going on about podcasts, because that sounded like me, apparently.

I agree with the Andy comments. The thing is before he became manager I thought he was a great character. I loved his anger issues when Jim would prank him.

I forget the episode but I remember Jim messing with Andy and Dwight was like "just ignore him." And Andy goes "the thing is... I can't" LOL

It was also hilarious how the show has Oscar, an openly gay character, and yet Andy, a straight man, acts more flamboyant than him.

But yeah, it'a like now they've given all the throw away jokes used for Michael Scott to Andy. I know his character has to change to fit the role of manager but I feel like almost everything he says or does is something Michael would've done. Such a shame.

I don't know. Michael had many different faces, and it feels like Andy is just an angry guy. In the past there was the development of the character, he's cheated on, his family, the pressure of school. These days he's all over the place.

He wanted the manager job but now he wants to be a news anchor? He goes after Erin and now he seems completely uninterested in her.

I just mean the way Andy manages feels a lot like Michael Scott, just not as funny. Especially when I hear him making fun of Toby. It's like where the hell did that come from? Andy never hated Toby before.

But I've stuck with the show because everyone else, especially Jim and Dwight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle