The Office (ALSO Parks & Rec) Weekly Discussion

Worst Halloween Episode. EVER!

And send and sip.
comic-book-guy.jpg

At least Puppy Erin was cute. Nellie's costume was hilarious.

I'm confused by the Jim/Pam storyline. I guess it's good that they brought some tension back to that. But wasn't Jim going to be a partner, building the company from the ground up? And it was in a different state, right? I didn't understand him being an awkward fourth-wheel at their investor's lunch.

Jim was just nervous because he never ever takes risks so he can't help but appear awkward. And he felt he needed to invest everything which made him more nervous.

I really liked Kevin in this one.
"Pam REALLY hates Monster Mash. Even though Jim was making some really good points Pam was all like NO IT'S STUPID." LOL

But yeah, it was disappointing. I was hoping there was a real mystery about the pills, since almost everyone could have been the one taking them. But instead it went the other way, ah well.

Yeah but isn't Jim supposed to be close friends with at least one of them? *awkward fist bump*

speaking of awkward fist bumping, here's one I heard in a locker room yesterday...

"Man, women sure are fertile after giving birth--"
"My MAN!" *Guy walks in for fist bump*
[me standing there as the third party, processing what and why I just witnessed what I witnessed]

WickedLiquid said:
I really liked Kevin in this one.
"Pam REALLY hates Monster Mash. Even though Jim was making some really good points Pam was all like NO IT'S STUPID." LOL

But yeah, it was disappointing. I was hoping there was a real mystery about the pills, since almost everyone could have been the one taking them. But instead it went the other way, ah well.
Agreed. Best part of the episode. My gf did like Parks and Rec though. Seemed like that was the better show this week, if only because Ron broke that little girl's Tiara.

So anyone seeing a big connection to season 2? Pete is Jim, Erin is Pam and Andy is Roy.

You've got a guy who is actually nicknamed "New Jim" falling for the receptionist who is dating someone who would rather hang with his dead beat brother instead of taking his girlfriend on a romantic cruise.

It sounds a lot like Jim having a crush on Pam while her boyfriend Roy would hang with his deadbeat brother instead of being romantic with her.

Nice catch Wicked! I was too exhausted to pay much attention to this week's episode, but now I've gotta watch again.

Also thanks for keeping this thread alive.

And thank God Tom is getting away from Jon Ralphio (SP?). I really hate that character. If some horrible car accident were to happen and he weren't able to jump around or speak for the rest of the season that would be great.

Funny how Parks and Rec was weak while The Office was strong this week. They can't both be good?

Anyway, the irony with Angela is delicious. She's such a bitch! Feels like she deserves it. Does anyone else see a huge extended cast of characters being built up for the Dwight spinoff? He's got his Mose, Rolf from previous seasons, this guy Trevor I think his name was, and I think Nelly could break off with Dwight to help him manage the farm or something.
And seeing Phyllis and Stanley messing with Jim was fun as a change of pace, but also touching as the three of them don't really interact much.

Parks and Rec was just kind of boring and all over the place. Too many threads without enough overlap to make sense of it all.

Yeah Rainn said he wasn't going to do the spin off without a few of the head writers from The Office who really "get" Dwight. But he couldn't settle on a deal with NBC execs so the idea got canned.

And yeah Angela is crazy psycho. But I hate Oscar too. I mean how can you cheat on someone and sit next to them every day at work like nothing is going on. It's always odd when Dwight is the rational and sensible one in a conflict LOL.

I liked the complaint cards. Creed: "Let's find out how I did!"

Promos for the final "season" of the show are running now and Andy is still absent. Is it possible to hope that the show ends without us ever having to deal with him ever again? Fuck I hate Andy.

Well Andy came back in the last few weeks and... things went pretty badly of course. The episodes aren't exactly compelling but I keep watching because... I guess I want to see what they're going to do with this mess.

Anyone else still watching? I marathoned the second, third, and fourth seasons and... they are just the highest level of comedic TV I think I'll ever see. I can't help but crack up at some shit over and over again. In money, when Dwight shows Jim and Pam to the Irrigation Room: "As of this morning, we are completely wireless here on Schrute Farms. So as soon as I find out where Mose hid all the wires, we can have power back on."

tumblr_mc2dr4FR5U1r79k9c.gif

every single time.

Like I said in some other thread I got my roommate into The Office. He fell in love with the show and we marathoned into season 5 in just over a week. Dwight is and always will be my favourite TV character second to Homer Simpson.

And like The Simpsons The Office has unfortunately lost its way. But unlike The Simpsons they know it's time to stop so I keep watching since it's in its final moments.

And if the episode The Farm was any indicator as to what Dwight's spin off show could've been I'm glad Rainn Wilson cancelled.

But I must say the episode where Meredith shaved her head was pretty damn funny. And I loved seeing Jim and Darryl as roommates.

Am I silly for kind of enjoying The Farm episode? I'm glad it's not going to be a full show, but it was an effective episode of TV. Dwight's sister was beautiful, which helped.

I'm really put off by this story arc of the documentary finally coming out. Not only does it set up a bunch of plot holes and show how The Office has overstayed its welcome, but it reintroduced Brian yet again. The character that just won't go away.

And the documentary shows old clips, which remind me how much better the show was 3 years ago.

How many episodes are left, btw?

I'm not sure but there's a max of 26 episodes per season.

Another thing I forgot to mention was I actually liked Andy in the Promos episode which was a nice change. I felt he reminded me of early Andy where he had anger issues and the silliest things would drive him nuts. The fact it was Youtube comments was great and then to see it was just Nelly messing with him was hilarious.

But it's rare that I I enjoy Andy at all ever since he became boss. It's like they gave the character all the Michael Scott throw-away jokes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod