Oh, Daylight Saving Time...

Bretimus_v2

So tired.
After growing up in Arizona where they don't follow this silly tradition, I have a hard time with the necessity of DST. (Yes, I know why we do it.) But it does make me chuckle how many coworkers stumbled in an hour late to work today because of DST. Especially when you consider that it has been a whole 24 hours since the change and the fact that a lot of devices (computers, cell phones, etc.) automatically update.

Anyways, I woke up at 6:30 am because of the internal alarm clock and was just about to go back to bed before realizing that despite changing 3 clocks in my house I neglected MY ALARM CLOCK! Go figure, right? Hope you're all suficiently rested.

The funny thing is, i was one of the few who arrived on time at work this morning. And i found out why: I read the newspapers, the only thing warning you on the front page about daylight saving.

DST sucks in the spring but it's awesome in the fall when we gain an hour. Nothing better than sleeping in and getting away with it cause you're waking up at the same time you always do lol.

Ours isnt until Easter time.

But I'd bet £100 your co-workers knew about it and used it as an excuse!

I worked over DST, and even though everyone else's clocks changed my work's did not. That didn't mean we got to get out when the actual clocks said 4:00 AM, we had to stay until 5 because of it. Fuck DST

MattAY said:
But I'd bet £100 your co-workers knew about it and used it as an excuse!

My suspicions exactly!!! How do you get through a whole Sunday without noticing you're late.

They introduced it in Canada for farmers in the prairies so that they would get extra sleep when they needed it.

But the prairie provinces have abandoned Daylight Savings Time. I think it's stupid, and we should get rid of it like the blacks.

daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending the amount of daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!

it's pathetic how so few people don't understand this.

kapow said:
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending the amount of daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!

it's pathetic how so few people don't understand this.

Yes. Absolutely. I love you for this Kapow.

sigged btw. though i had to edit it to make it fit.

Lien said:
^^it's reasons like these i come to this site everyday

yes. i just wish i posted more frequently these days. I've kind of returned to the lurking style of yesteryear.

There's no 's' on saving! Apparently we're saving daylight but not keystrokes. This adds up, folks!

Also, if I read in a sci-fi book about some alien culture operating under some notion of DST, I'd think it's wacky, which pretty much means it's wacky when we do it today.

me said:
After growing up in Arizona where they don't follow this silly tradition, I have a hard time with the necessity of DST.

You have merely helped prove the point about how unfamiliar and strange Daylight Saving (wink) Time is to me. Also, I edited the topic name just for you, Ted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle