Do you wear glasses or contacts?

Icepick said:
As you can imagine they made me superbly popular and attractive to the ladies

30wphfo.jpg.gif

I've needed vision correction since I was about 5 but I didn't bother with contacts until I was a teen and was competing in karate competitions. I used contacts only for competitions so I didn't get my glasses smashed into my face and I got my mum to put them in because I hated touching my eye. That set up didn't last very long.

When I got to university I started really hating wearing glasses (more than I had during my life previous to that) and I looked into getting contact lenses as a permanent solution. Once I got used to putting them in correctly (they're toric lenses to correct for my astigmatism so they're a little more awkward) I never went back to glasses. The only reason I've updated my frames in the past seven years or so is because I got horrifically drunk one snowy night and decided to break my plan of sleeping at my friend's house and to walk the six miles to my own place instead. In the process I dropped my glasses and contact lens kit never to be found again. Including having to replace my glasses that was an expensive night.

I've worn glasses since... I don't know. Early on. I've never considered contacts, as my eyes are tiny and I couldn't ever bear to put something like that onto my eyeballs. I just got a new pair of glasses, since my health plan was expiring and I was convocating. I was going to go for half frames that are more rectangular in shape, to balance out the ridiculously round shape of my face, as well as my full cheeks. I don't know if you guys knew this already or not, but I am a chipmunk. Jokes about nuts and seeds and whatnot.

I think glasses are interesting as an extra accessory, something to be switched up every so often for a change of look. I'm not too fond of the idea of laser surgery right now, if I can continue to get by with glasses. My prescription just went down a considerable amount, so my head is still getting used to everything, I think. I waited far too long to get an eye exam.

You all look beautiful, by the way.

You know what helps take the eyes off full cheeks? Grow a beard. Worked for me. Although now I get confused for Kevin Smith.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle