The Stalfros Experiment (Chat Thread)

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by MikeyVassallo, Jul 26, 2009.

1. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah, those old people are always angry, offering you sweets and stuff! ...BASTARDS!

2. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Bret, I have a friend like that. Full on salt and pepper hair by the time he was 20.

3. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Regarding the Uncharted movie....

I'll just leave this here...

It's sounding more like National Treasure rather than Indiana Jones, and that isn't a good thing.

4. Chris_Crime

Chris_Crime Rookie

speaking of gray hair and stuff, what are your views on dying your hair? or any kind of vanity, probably better read as "taking care of yourself." Do you pluck your eyebrows?
    Nose hairs?

I have some gray hairs as well. It's not a big deal personally, but I've an older friend who came through and mentioned his own gray hair a few times. He probably thinks I consider him old, but I've worked with older people my whole life and i'm such a guy's guy that I don't care about hair color, or shoes or clothing, or anything really...smells, whatever. I've spent too much time with my grandparents too. I've seen too much too soon and now I'm sort of desensitized. I even think salt and pepper hair looks kind of cool.

But Anyway

I know another guy, around 26 years old. He has shapen eyebrows and porcelain veneer teeth. Maybe he has the teeth for some other reason not having to do with his vanity. Maybe he lost them all as a child? Still, those eyebrows are just so damned effeminate.

BUT
    He receives compliments from ladies on his appearance. He is a sharp dresser. Again, I don't really give a damn about my clothing. He even gets complimented on his fake teeth.

I thought part of being a guy was that you didn't have to try and look cute. You know, if I have a wild nose hair or a wily eyebrow hair I pluck it...with my finger.

Like the just for men hair color commercial with Emmitt Smith in the rocking chair? I think I'd rather have the rocking chair.

Then I think about my older friend again. He's definitely the guy's guy type too. Then wtf does he care about vanity for all of a sudden? Maybe it's his woman who cares. She does seem to prefer younger men. But my friend has money so you know how that s*** goes.

Anyway

I don't imagine I'll ever preen and proper myself to the extent of the 26 year old guy. I'll forgo those compliments, but I'll do spot treatment where it's needed. It doesn't seem to be a problem until the wife starts complaining anyway. If I ever started to go bald I'd just shave my fucking head.

5. Eyebrowsbv31

Eyebrowsbv31 Rookie

Nobody plucks me.

I agree with chris for once. One 16 dollar great clips trip a month for me, anything out of place, scratch it off.

I'm 22 with gray hair, but damnit I look good.

6. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 So tired.

Blech, if that's the case just get Cage, I bet he'd be cheaper on the payroll.

Dying your hair is sooooooo lame. I just don't get the point of it. I just found out that one of my best friends is not a blonde because she's been dyeing since she was 13, but didn't want to chance affecting her new unborn child. Seems stupid, and a waste of money. Then again, I waste my money on entertainment, in it's various forms.

So is anyone doing anything charitable with their free time this Christmas? Serious recommendation: Giving is living.

7. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I can understand why women dye their hair, but it's kind of silly for men to. It's called distinguished for a reason, and no I don't have a single grey hair.

8. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina Rookie

I might dye my hair one day if it's long enough.

I doubt that very much at this stage of my life. Would look silly, honestly.

9. madster111

madster111 Rookie

I had my hair as an almost black dark brown at one point, but ended up just going back to my natural light brown that's practically blonde when straight.

Too much effort to keep it dark all the time.

10. Eyebrowsbv31

Eyebrowsbv31 Rookie

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local-be ... 14.html?dr

:cry:

11. schimmel

schimmel Rookie

I'm thinking of getting a tattoo of a unicorn, where should I put it?

12. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina Rookie

your abs, or the crack of your butt.

Either way, youll score.

13. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm gonna ring the bell for Salvation Army. But that's about it.

14. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina Rookie

ive donated some money already to childs play and other charities, about $200 worth.

15. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I'll offer some turkey to the cat.

That's fucking good charity, turkey is amazing.

16. madster111

madster111 Rookie

Parents and that are already doing a soup kitchen style free dinner(Except with pastas and such), and i've been tracking down some cheap wheels and tyres for a local raffle that goes to the childrens hospital, roughly $3k worth of normal retail price which should help them along.

They want to improve the living conditions of some of the older kids that are in there for cancer and such, meaning they live at the hospital for upwards of a year at a time.

17. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Ha, that really does put things into perspective. I may actually give to the hospitals now.

18. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 So tired.

That's way awesome, guys. Sounds like everybody has something. We've scaled back this year to some smaller more immediate projects in my community.

I work with a youth group and we prepared a Thanksgiving dinner for the elderly and widows/widowers in our neighborhood. We're also organizing a pretty big Christmas for a needy family. Then we made a ton of gift boxes for our troops in Afghanistan.

Also, it's bitch fit time. My Assistant just quit with no notice and effective immediately. She was all teary and sad, but the new job was too good to pass up. Which means I get to hire/retrain a new right hand. :(

19. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Woah! I just read this. Are you serious? It is Ugh/Batman tat league.

Unless it's a badass unicorn, or an interactive tattoo...like, when you flex your bicep - it gets pregnant. Something like that.

20. madster111

madster111 Rookie

It might be a unicorn with red eyes and blood dripping of it's horn and big musclely legs and shit, and like when he flexes it could make it look even more angry somehow.
    That would be pretty fucking awesome.