So...

FrozenBacon

Veteran
Looks like this place has gotten a lot less active over the years. When I first started visiting GR, posts on the first page were usually from the same day. Right now the last topic on the first page is from Sep 24th. It is even worse in other forums. An entire forum can go days, or weeks, without a new post. People just are not posting as much anymore.

I know people grow older and have less time for GR, but that isn't a complete answer. I do have a lot less free time than I did back when I was 14, the age I first discovered GR (wow, that was over 9 YEARS ago), but I still spend quite a bit of time on the computer, but nowhere near as much is spent on GR. There are hardly any discussions going on in the gaming forums for me to jump in on, and the misc forum is full of topics that do not interest me. This results in me just usually avoiding GR because I know there is nothing new.

Also where are the new members that are supposed to replace the old? There has always been a nice steady flow of regular posters to replace old ones who left. Lately this has not been the case. Posters leave, or they just post less, and no one comes to replace them. Does this mean the main website is not attracting new users anymore? The big dog, Duke has left the website and crave has been slowly consuming GR over the years like a cancer. Has the shift in gears driven potential users away from the site?

TL;DR version: GR is boring now. Why?

I still look everynow and then but i see that most topics just dont interest me anymore, i wish i could see new posts on Mattay's sprite comic and see new comics but sadly that hasnt happened in a while

Perhaps that is why, Bacon, I honestly don't know.

We can wax on the reasons behind it but it's so damn difficult unless if some of the older posters do come back for a time to explain themselves.

As it stands now, I will stay here until the ship sinks to bottom of the ocean, just for the fact that someone has to in the end.

This place has slowly been going down ever since the shift to Beta 5 some odd years ago, but there's been a whole slew of problems in the past three years or so. Basically, the forum has become an afterthought to the corporate overlords, and because of that it gets zero attention and so there's no reason for them to come here. I mean, this is most evidenced by the "Current Forum Topics" banner, that was created for the sole purpose of bringing people over here, getting removed and never replaced.

People have obviously lost interest. They've grown up.

Lethean popped up a couple of days ago I noticed. Stal lingers from time to time. But mala, ghost and nesman are long gone. It's sad, they were the guys at the beginning, you wouldn't expect them to go.

I cant explain why though. I reckon they have just realised they have a life. We are yet to gaze up this realization!

We all have lives. I bet all those guys still update a facebook or some shit. This forum is no different. Popping in and saying hello isn't so fucking hard.

I'm a member of 3 forums, and two of them have been mostly dead for 5 years (maybe 2 to 3 posts a day, in all topics). Now this one has joined the list. It's insane.

I have a very busy life but i still manage to find time for GR.
Usually it's to take a break from studying, or like today, i basically just lurk for a few minutes all day when i'm resting.

In fact, i can't really think of any life that's hectic enough to not allow 5 minutes for a quick browse.
Hell, you can do it on your phone while waiting for a bus or something if you want.

im with frozenbacon; theres just not that many topics anymore that i feel warrant a response or my opinion. as ive grown older, my posting habits have simply changed.

I got too many problems going on in my life to come here and get irritated by a bunch of diarrhea mouthed, over opinionated youngins!

people got older, had babies, got jobs. Older can't relate with newer, and vice versa

still hate the white

it was a bad idea to allow custom avatars. Gr's ranked avatars was part of the forum fun

A lot of the same topics

Moderators who don't post. It's always a bad idea, but it's sort of tradition here as well.

allow fucking Flash you faggots

can't cuss

stupid white on red

bad color scheme. black was badass. this just hurts my fucking eyes

4chan.org/b/, admit it.

dUKE's gone/GR's gone

other shit after this

edit: ca'nt post titties

All i want before the ships sinks down into the icy sea, Is that we bring back the black... Also busty redheads

I'll probably be near one of the life boats when it sinks and remember it's journey as I make tracks for civilization.

And they should be firm.

I'm a newcomer, a youngin, but as every new loyal bit-... I mean crew mate I'll go down with the ship. I have just too many fond memories of this ship. :)

Chris_Crime said:
allow f****** Flash you faggots

edit: ca'nt post titties
THIS!!!!

I nominated Chris as Forum President!
Updating Facebook is simple and less involved.
So is browsing /b/.

I do miss the banter of GR, but School is kicking my butt. I check in every now and then, but posting and reading posts are too involved. That and there are rarely topics that rev my interest. I think it is just a dull patch - it gets better around the holidays, then it'll die off for a bit. Thus is the pattern of GR forums.

Are their any proposals for livening up this place?

I got an idea.. how about we raid /b/ with pictures of Pirate Duke Ferris!?!

It'll be our inside joke!!!! bump that - i'm doing that tonight! Whos with me?

If you recall, we had flash for a few weeks, and then there was a huge flash monster or something that went around the entire internet, so they removed it. And then JoeBlow left before he could get it back on.

Also, that's a terrible idea. Not because it'll bring fags here, but because it's extremely obnoxious and fucktarded.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle