Big Bang Theory is an awful show

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by Longo_2_guns, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

If you take away the laugh track, it becomes a fast paced drama about the effects of high-functioning autism.

2. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 So tired.

Laugh tracks need to be done away with.

Also, I almost moved this to Storage thinking it was another spam thread.

3. intoTheRain

intoTheRain Regular

Longo our love for each other cannot be denied. But you desperately need to lighten up and try to enjoy more things buddy :)

Im not a faithful follower of the show but actually coincidentally watched the last 2 episodes on my cables on demand tonight and found it very funny and enjoyable. If nothing else i think most guys would agree Penny is incredibly hot.

From now on every time Longo hates something, in a new thread, or post, I will make one about how much i love something so the world can remain a loving place.

4. Lien

Lien Rookie

5. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I've seen half of an episode. It was pretty poor.

6. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Bah. Enjoyment is for people with low standards. You'll never see me sinking to that depth, oh no.

Joking aside, I enjoy just about everything. And I can still find enjoyment from things that're awful, most of the time. I just recognize how bad they are. But if I spent all my time gushing over how much I love, say, the Justice League cartoon, what fun would that be?

That said, the majority of sitcoms are pretty eh, though a few are better than others, but Big Bang Theory is just awkward and embarrassing to watch. It's bad "nerd" references (not satire, but references) and people acting like stereotypical "nerds," with a hefty laugh track.

7. intoTheRain

intoTheRain Regular

8. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina Rookie

Never watched the show before, so I can't comment on it other than the fact that it misrepresents us all.

9. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 So tired.

Seriously, there are too few astrophysicists around GR.

10. StickyGreenGamer

It isn't terrible. I'm up to date on the episodes, some are funny, others aren't. The latest season however has started to drag the show down. And they have violated continuity a couple times.

11. cyberjim2000

cyberjim2000 Veteran

Say something scientific
    *laugh track*
    Show everybody else looking confused or saying "what?"
    *laugh track*

I don't like the show but it's probably leagues better than a lot of the reality TV shows out there.

12. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina Rookie

How long has it been on the air? If its more than 5 seasons thats usually when continuity is thrown out the window in situational comedies.

13. Gunner37

Gunner37 Rookie

Im not a huge fan of the show but if I'm bored as all hell and nothing is on tv, then i'll watch it if its on otherwise ill pass

14. Rakon

Rakon Rookie

I've never agreed with you more Longo. This show is terrible, and I have no problem saying that you have a poor sense of humour if you find it funny

15. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

My family likes it enough to sing along to the intro...

Honestly, it's good for just a chuckle here and there, but most of the time it just draaaags on about stuff that I really don't care about.

16. GRColin

GRColin Rookie

I saw an episode when I was in Whole Foods once eating a burger there. The volume was too low for me to hear and I was reading the captions. It seemed somewhat funny but over the top in it's portrayal of "nerds". Typical 30 minute sitcom fare. I really can't watch network T.V all that much.

F/X, AMC, HBO and Showtime is where it's at.

*Disclaimer* That isn't to say there are no good shows found on network t.v...There's just more shit than gold. And sometimes you get golden shit. I miss the Golden Girls.

Golden Showers?

17. intoTheRain

intoTheRain Regular

I find it interesting this show is one of the few popular and loved sitcoms on TV right now, but a message board full of nerds seem to unanimously hate it. (Not saying it in an insulting way, I'm a mega nerd and proud of it. Actually I think the correct description for GR members is actually geek.)

Anyway Rakon, I'll let all the people I know who love it as well as myself know that we have poor sense of humors because we can find humor in something you dont.

Wait..

Ahh nvm.

18. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

Rain, i think you mean "references." The show is full of references and people chuckle when they know that reference. I guess it makes them feel smart. My dad on the other end, doesn't know what's going on in the show, but laughs for the reason Sheldon is serious all the time. The show isn't terrible, because it's not Jersey Shore.

19. MasterRabbi

MasterRabbi Rookie

I hate the show, but am biased against sitcoms in general, and will echo the hatred for laugh tracks. It's outdated and kind of creepy.

But Ugh makes a good point, it isn't Jersey Shore...

20. intoTheRain

intoTheRain Regular

o...k

edit: and thanks. now that you've all talked about the laugh track it's driving me nuts.