Big Bang Theory is an awful show

Longo_2_guns

Forum Moderator
Staff member
If you take away the laugh track, it becomes a fast paced drama about the effects of high-functioning autism.

Laugh tracks need to be done away with.

Also, I almost moved this to Storage thinking it was another spam thread.

Longo our love for each other cannot be denied. But you desperately need to lighten up and try to enjoy more things buddy :)

Im not a faithful follower of the show but actually coincidentally watched the last 2 episodes on my cables on demand tonight and found it very funny and enjoyable. If nothing else i think most guys would agree Penny is incredibly hot.

From now on every time Longo hates something, in a new thread, or post, I will make one about how much i love something so the world can remain a loving place.

intoTheRain said:
Longo our love for each other cannot be denied. But you desperately need to lighten up and try to enjoy more things buddy
Bah. Enjoyment is for people with low standards. You'll never see me sinking to that depth, oh no.

Joking aside, I enjoy just about everything. And I can still find enjoyment from things that're awful, most of the time. I just recognize how bad they are. But if I spent all my time gushing over how much I love, say, the Justice League cartoon, what fun would that be?

That said, the majority of sitcoms are pretty eh, though a few are better than others, but Big Bang Theory is just awkward and embarrassing to watch. It's bad "nerd" references (not satire, but references) and people acting like stereotypical "nerds," with a hefty laugh track.

It isn't terrible. I'm up to date on the episodes, some are funny, others aren't. The latest season however has started to drag the show down. And they have violated continuity a couple times.

Say something scientific
*laugh track*
Show everybody else looking confused or saying "what?"
*laugh track*

I don't like the show but it's probably leagues better than a lot of the reality TV shows out there.

StickyGreenGamer said:
It isn't terrible. I'm up to date on the episodes, some are funny, others aren't. The latest season however has started to drag the show down. And they have violated continuity a couple times.

How long has it been on the air? If its more than 5 seasons thats usually when continuity is thrown out the window in situational comedies.

Im not a huge fan of the show but if I'm bored as all hell and nothing is on tv, then i'll watch it if its on otherwise ill pass

I've never agreed with you more Longo. This show is terrible, and I have no problem saying that you have a poor sense of humour if you find it funny

My family likes it enough to sing along to the intro...

Honestly, it's good for just a chuckle here and there, but most of the time it just draaaags on about stuff that I really don't care about.

I saw an episode when I was in Whole Foods once eating a burger there. The volume was too low for me to hear and I was reading the captions. It seemed somewhat funny but over the top in it's portrayal of "nerds". Typical 30 minute sitcom fare. I really can't watch network T.V all that much.

F/X, AMC, HBO and Showtime is where it's at.

*Disclaimer* That isn't to say there are no good shows found on network t.v...There's just more shit than gold. And sometimes you get golden shit. I miss the Golden Girls.

Golden Showers?

I find it interesting this show is one of the few popular and loved sitcoms on TV right now, but a message board full of nerds seem to unanimously hate it. (Not saying it in an insulting way, I'm a mega nerd and proud of it. Actually I think the correct description for GR members is actually geek.)

Anyway Rakon, I'll let all the people I know who love it as well as myself know that we have poor sense of humors because we can find humor in something you dont.

Wait..

Ahh nvm.

Rain, i think you mean "references." The show is full of references and people chuckle when they know that reference. I guess it makes them feel smart. My dad on the other end, doesn't know what's going on in the show, but laughs for the reason Sheldon is serious all the time. The show isn't terrible, because it's not Jersey Shore.

I hate the show, but am biased against sitcoms in general, and will echo the hatred for laugh tracks. It's outdated and kind of creepy.

But Ugh makes a good point, it isn't Jersey Shore...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod