Mother f******* community, yay or nay?

Icepick

Rookie
I imagine this topics been done before, or discussed somewhere as a sub-topic in a much more elaborate topic television, but I'm not going to use the search function because I'm a rebel without a cause, but you already knew that by my use of profanity, and we all now profanity = cool

anyways, I've never seen a show garner such mixed reactions, although the leap in focus from season 1 to the current shows style has changed drastically, so perhaps that has something to do with it. Personally I love the show, perhaps a little too heavy on the pop-culture references, any misgivings are forgiven so long as alison brie's cleavage is in a frame or two, hating the big bang theory, this show is the polar opposite and therefore golden in my books, big bang is smart topics, retarded comedy, whereas community is retarded topics, smart comedy.

Thoughts, comments, opinions? Pull up a chair, grab a glass of no-no juice and share

I have no idea what you're trying to say. Something about a TV show and defecating on women to humiliate them, right?

De-Ting said:
I have no idea what you're trying to say. Something about a TV show and defecating on women to humiliate them, right?

how about you stay on topic or you'll be the proud owner of the second anus my dicks ruined this month

Sooo... you're giving us a compliment?

tumblr_m3h5mnB1cn1rsrzlfo1_400.gif

Troy and Abed in the moooooorning...NIGHTS.

I love Community. It's one of my favorite shows. I love the characters, I love the supporting characters, I love when it gets all "meta." And yeah, the season that just wrapped up wasn't all that great. And it appears that we are going to have a 5th season, which I have mixed feelings about. On one hand, Chevy Chase isn't returning, and Dan Harmon is still going to be absent, which was probably a huge factor in the drop in quality. BUT on the other hand, I thought this season did a really poor job of wrapping up a story, so it'll be nice to see what the writers can come up with for a proper send off. But will the (fragmented) study group still even be at Greendale?

If you haven't seen it, Dan Harmon did a run down one each episode of Season 2 on the AV Club. Worth reading. http://www.avclub.com/articles/dan-harmon-walks-us-through-communitys-second-seas,57085/

GiftedMonkey said:
I love Community. It's one of my favorite shows.
Ohh, so Community is the name of the show. I never would have guessed, because he didn't bother to capitalize it, spell "know" correctly, or use proper punctuation.

De-Ting said:
GiftedMonkey said:
Ohh, so Community is the name of the show. I never would have guessed, because he didn't bother to capitalize it, spell "know" correctly, or use proper punctuation.

knew.. the past tense of know... or am I missing something? Granted I'm high, but I think you're working a little too hard to tear down a post, more to the point I have no idea how missing the word "about", and not capitalizing correctly could cause you to become such a fucking tool, I refer to it as a show in my post, but the lack of a "C" causes mass chaos and confusion for you?

You are either a) A grammar nazi trying far to hard to look educated, which is unlikely given how a couple of minor errors caused you to not only be unable to grasp the topic, but be unable to construct a thought beyond creating an absolutely worthless post

B) a troll, which again, not very good... stick with what you do best, be that annoying teenager who relies too heavily on memes because he lacks the wit and creativity required to formulate any thoughts of his own

Jesus doesn't love you and I hope you get aids during a horrible face-rape incident

edit: corrected the word "refer", because we wouldn't want de-ting to get confused again

De-Ting is now a more disruptive and annoying forum presence than Icepick. Never thought I'd see the day...

I've seen maybe half an episode of Community. Not sure why, but it never really has interested me. I think it might be due to the "meta-ness" of it. It feels like the show is very much written for its specific fans, and if you're not among them then it's difficult to jump in. Maybe I'm wrong.

Oh, and are Troy and Abed very annoying characters? They seem annoying.

Icepick said:
De-Ting said:
GiftedMonkey said:

knew.. the past tense of know... or am I missing something? Granted I'm high, but I think you're working a little too hard to tear down a post, more to the point I have no idea how missing the word "about", and not capitalizing correctly could cause you to become such a fucking tool, I reference to it as a show in my post, but the lack of a "C" causes mass chaos and confusion for you?

You are either a) A grammar nazi trying far to hard to look educated, which is unlikely given how a couple of minor errors caused you to not only be unable to grasp the topic, but be unable to construct a thought beyond creating an absolutely worthless post

B) a troll, which again, not very good... stick with what you do best, be that annoying teenager who relies too heavily on memes because he lacks the wit and creativity required to formulate any thoughts of his own

Jesus doesn't love you and I hope you get aids during a horrible face-rape incident

EqAVn.gif

I'm a big fan of Community, it's one of my favourite TV shows that I actively watch.

You're right Icepick, the show's style has changed quite drastically from Season 1 to what they're doing now. Season 1 is my favourite. Season 2 was pretty good for the most part, although some episodes were a bit hit and miss and I haven't seen much of Season 3, despite owning it on DVD.

As it's been pointed out, most Community episodes run like that... "retarded topics" but "smart comedy". For the most part, it's a very well written show.

Quite possibly my favourite scene in the entire show, which surprisingly comes from Season 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orcT0Vk1A3s

used44 said:
De-Ting is now a more disruptive and annoying forum presence than Icepick. Never thought I'd see the day...

I've seen maybe half an episode of Community. Not sure why, but it never really has interested me. I think it might be due to the "meta-ness" of it. It feels like the show is very much written for its specific fans, and if you're not among them then it's difficult to jump in. Maybe I'm wrong.

It's not fair, I worked hard at being disruptive and annoying, but to him it comes naturally, he's the rain-man of internet douchebaggary, how can I compete with that?

And depends what episode you watched, there are a few I don't care for, but seeing as it's on netflix, I honestly suggest giving it try.

Troy and Abed are the greatest characters ever, watch season 2 and you'll agree

Icepick said:
And depends what episode you watched, there are a few I don't care for, but seeing as it's on netflix, I honestly suggest giving it try.

Only on Netflix in Canada right now.

Green_Lantern said:
used44 said:

Nope, apart from Alison Brie, they're the best part of the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j25tkxg5Vws

good episode, laughed at the gardner being an over the top racist at the end, personally my favourite scene is the entire timeline episode, culminating with Troy's timeline, I pissed myself laughing, can't find the clip on youtube for some reason, and even if I could the whole episode builds up to it really

Also, Donald Glover is an exceptional talent, man can dance, sing (legit recording artist), I can't be 100% sure if he is an amazing actor or if this is the only role he could play, but does it damn well

Green_Lantern said:
Icepick said:

what the fuck, as a Canuck this confuses me considering we only get 20% of the US library, how the fuck did we get this and the states miss out?

Icepick said:
Green_Lantern said:
Icepick said:

what the fuck, as a Canuck this confuses me considering we only get 20% of the US library, how the fuck did we get this and the states miss out?

Yeah, it's fucked up.

But more Troy and Abed! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyvXoOD9Pmo

Everyone chill.

I seriously didn't know what you were talking about here, Icepick. The word "community" was used in such a way in your post that someone who doesn't know that's the name of a TV show might not have picked it up (me.)

I can see that you didn't grasp my way of pointing that out, so should I call you a douchebag troll and insult your existence? Perhaps I should, by your logic. You know, it's guys like you that help their uncle jack off a horse. What do I mean by that? You figure it out.

Used, if you've got a problem with me, we can either resolve it, or you can continue being a complete jerk about it. Your call, but I'd prefer the former.

So, forgive me for interrupting this topic, and thank you GiftedMonkey for being the only helpful person in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle