Anyone old enough to remember me?

Not too bad. I'm not old enough to remember you, despite most likely being older than you.

So, um? How's that review of FF9 coming? You gettin' any closer to finishing it?

So who was around when you were last here? I've heard you mentioned, I'm pretty sure, but...yeah. <shrug>

Welcome back. What prompted the return?

Well, when I first broke into the scene it was during the reign of Dave Matthews, IHMGS, Kornd0g, Dynasty3, FlyingKiwi/D4M...all them guys. And when their time was up, I took over and ran this place. Ran it into the ground, tragically, or so it would appear. Stuck around for the masterChris, Flaming Tiki God, NES Man era of folks, then the forum just got too slow for me and lost too many good characters, so I moved on.

Now...who knows if I'm sticking around, probably not, but I like to see my old stomping grounds from time to time.

I recognize masterchris, FTG and NES man. FTG and masterchris are long gone unfortunately but NES man pops in once in awhile.

Nice, nice. I got here around the tail end of 2008. So the end of the mC, FTG, NES Man era, I guess. Always good to pop in and say hi, right? For what it's worth. If you find a decent fit again here at GR, I'd love to have another voice around.

I fear I'm far too married to the old GR to adjust to anything new.

But who knows, I wouldn't mind a place to seriously discuss video games again even though my time for them is limited now.

I still remember the old days. Zelda getting ****ed over every single year in the game showdown, usually in the finals in hilarious fashion...the SilentPlayer account hacking nightmare...the flamewars over religion and politics and **** even games...I get the sense those days of volatile posting are long long over.

But this was my first forum so who knows.

lol I hosted a showdown and the winners were Leon S Kennedy for best character and RE4 for best game. So I guess Zelda getting shafted is the norm lol.The only flame war I remember was during the PSN hack. It turned into the 360 controller VS the PS3 controller haha.

GR is a blast, mostly because people try not to take themselves too seriously . I'm sure you'd remember Used, Longo 2 Guns, Leathen (white rabbit) and Maca.

And I took the mantle from Rakon who I would gladly give it back to lol.

Well to be entirely honest by the time I left it was an exercise in futility...it was getting to the point where, barring a crazy voter showout on the right day, Metal Gear Solid would win every time. You always, always had MGS, Zelda, FF7 and 8, maybe one or two others finishing up near the top and it just got old. I did as many things as I could to make it interesting, but even the voters got bored so I bailed.

I remember you! Though you probably don't remember me at all. I've grown from obscurity and am now the single most important poster by far.

Though I don't remember much about you, because your hayday was well before my time.

The_Joker said:
Metal Gear Solid would win every time.

happy_kid.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod