Why must ketchup be so awkward?

I disagree about nothing on a steak. Steak is great but it's elevated with a nice bourbon mushroom garlic cream sauce. Usually people who say all it needs is salt and pepper or a bit of butter are people who have never had a really amazing steak with really amazing toppings.

Lethean said:
I disagree about nothing on a steak. Steak is great but it's elevated with a nice bourbon mushroom garlic cream sauce. Usually people who say all it needs is salt and pepper or a bit of butter are people who have never had a really amazing steak with really amazing toppings.

Oh yea? You have first hand proof of this? Got a link? Experiences in real life with people who said they just like a little salt/pepper/butter on their steak and then you whip up some bourbon, mushroom cream sauce and blow their socks off?

Marvelous.

Really though, there is nothing wrong with what you said, that sounds great. I'm just thinking more along the lines of coming home and throwing a steak, some sweet potatoes and a salad together. Not gonna throw together a great sauce every night of the week.

There is nothing overpowering about the sauce you mentioned. There is about BBQ sauce.

intoTheRain said:
Lethean said:

Oh yea? You have first hand proof of this? Got a link? Experiences in real life with people who said they just like a little salt/pepper/butter on their steak and then you whip up some bourban, mushroom cream sauce and blow their socks off?

Link for what? We'll call it empirical evidence. I thought the exact same thing about steak. My brother in law made that sauce, I tried it, was blown away by how much better my steak was. Portland Prime is a great restaurant in downtown Portland that used I forget what kind of sauce but it was pretty amazeballs. I'm not saying steak *isn't* good without sauce. I'm saying to say it isn't enhanced by a sauce is dumb. Not sure why you got so defensive there.

Lethean said:
intoTheRain said:
Lethean said:

Oh yea? You have first hand proof of this? Got a link? Experiences in real life with people who said they just like a little salt/pepper/butter on their steak and then you whip up some bourban, mushroom cream sauce and blow their socks off?

Link for what? We'll call it empirical evidence. I thought the exact same thing about steak. My brother in law made that sauce, I tried it, was blown away by how much better my steak was. Portland Prime is a great restaurant in downtown Portland that used I forget what kind of sauce but it was pretty amazeballs. I'm not saying steak *isn't* good without sauce. I'm saying to say it isn't enhanced by a sauce is dumb. Not sure why you got so defensive there.

Read the rest of my post bb. I wasn't really.

And you said "most people," based on a sample size of you.

No. People I've had food conversations with. Would you feel better if I rephrased it to "most people that I have had conversations with concerning steak and it's garnishments?" Oh and there was a bit of assuming in there. Because, hell, we all do it. I'm not going to lie and say I wasn't.

Lethean said:
No. People I've had food conversations with. Would you feel better if I rephrased it to "most people that I have had conversations with concerning steak and it's garnishments?" Oh and there was a bit of assuming in there. Because, hell, we all do it. I'm not going to lie and say I wasn't.

Right on man.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo