You've GOT to be kidding me...

Green_Lantern said:
To the religious right, it's all the same thing.

UrbanMasque said:
Queue Eyebrows in 3....2...1...

Actually....True Libertarians should be pro-choice.

Ding! And I'm not religious, or Right wing. Like you leftie thrall bitches. 8)

Although I believe abortion is a horrible thing, it is a part of and requried in any modern civilization. As long as there are stupid people, we will need abortion. What I do hate is all this pro-choice bull shit. Just say pro-abortion. The choice is to have sex; not whether to keep the child or not. If you don't know sex= babies, then, wow.

So no, I'm not pro-choice, I'm pro-abortion.

'Sidenote: I am NOT pro-abortion when it comes to parents wanting to select the gender as is popular in india and china right now (killing off the baby girls). That's fucked up, and should be illegal.

Longo_2_guns said:
If women don't put out, we'll just start f****** each other.

2vA1a.png

madster111 said:
For the human race to continue working for the next 100 years, abortions need to be harder to get until you've had 2 kids, and we need to stop medical care after 70.

55-oh-you.jpg

The guy who wants to see our race thrive and suggests cutting medical care for the elderly, also would like to see the implementation of more Nuclear power plants. You're Pro-life because its good for the human race, but what about letting women with fetus' that show signs of deformation or subpar mental development as a fetus the right to abort. In the end, its about having the option available. You can't control people's reasons for it - but dont take away their right to it because some people may abuse it. I'm thuroughly convinced that an abortion messes up the woman's reproductive capabilities, but I'm also certain she's taken that into account and if she's willing to take the risk - why should I (the state) say "No! I know whats in your best interest better than you do"

Either way - IM HAVING SEX THAT WEEK!

I like IntoTheRain's idea - if you abuse you body for life, and aren't healthy when you're older as a result - that should be cause to pay higher premiums or just flat out be denied.

Sorry, Eyes... just a guess, and I was wrong :wink:

I am not touching this one with a ten foot pole...

I will say that I lean towards the pro-choice/abortion (as eyebrows would say) side of things. So there you go, that's my contribution to this clusterfuck of a thread.

Wow. One of the dumber things that Madster has said

Gotta be careful not to underpopulate the Earth, guys.

If you want an abortion, have one.
If you don't, just don't
If you want to close your legs just because of some shitty movement, you probably should keep them closed forever, and so should your parents have too.

Men will continue to rape, and women will continue to whine about it.

Both men and women make irrational decisions. Let the women who choose to close their legs up have what they want. Watch them lose their mind when we find another vagina to play with.

Win, I could use a change of scenery anyways.

WickedLiquid said:
I will say abortion is a good idea for rape victims who are now preggo and don't want to give birth to a demon spawn boy who grows up to be like his father.

lmao demon spawn..... yeah I really disagree with abortion unless rape. There is birth control now that you get something inserted into your arm for THREE YEARS it works, then you get it taken out and a new one put in for another 3 years. The idea that women are falling pregnant because they forget to take the pill or some woman say it makes them feel sick is just ridiculous. Women do enjoy sex, but they know men need it, so thats why they think they can strike. I disagree with it lol

ps and this might sound bad, but a lot of woman put themselves in stupid positions, like walking down a dark street alone with a short skirt on. A man with enough to drink, or psychological problems could easily follow and rape her. Some women are just oblivious and think it's all the man's fault. Although, im not saying this is always the case!!

This topic reminds me of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb6wo_XTuw0&feature=related

This has nothing to do with abortion. It started with (correct me if I'm wrong) a Catholic hospital that didn't want to foot the bill for birth control for its employees. According to Obamas health care reform bill it would have to. Obama has since changed that portion of the bill making it the insurance companies responsibility to pay for birth control. That still wasn't good enough for the Republicans since they contest that they'd still be paying the bill for birth control with their matched contribution.

I don't really have a stand on this issue unless these woman start holding out on sex, in which case we'd better give in to their every demand.

Moses has got it right. Used said it first though so circle gets the square and he wins.

Although I was under the impression this was an abortion issue when the blonde feminist who posted this poster on my facebook said "ABORTIONS FOR ALL!"
Yes, she really is blonde.

it really is all about the birth control. I mean, when the runner up candidate for the republican nomination is saying that increased access to birth control causes unwanted pregnancies, it really is no longer an abortion issue.

Moses- said:
This has nothing to do with abortion. It started with (correct me if I'm wrong) a Catholic hospital that didn't want to foot the bill for birth control for its employees. According to Obamas health care reform bill it would have to. Obama has since changed that portion of the bill making it the insurance companies responsibility to pay for birth control.

You are absolutely correct sir.

What it basically boils down to is whether or not you think that the church is greater than the state.

The church gets tons of tax exemptions. Fine, but refusing to provide a service when you're being asked to do something that EVERY OTHER institution in the country is being asked to do (a basic service that should be provided in 2012, that doesn't at all single you out) - sends a message saying that, "Our beliefs entitle us to ignore your laws." Obama caved and it STILL wasn't good enough. They are pretty much handing him this election, and he knows it (google Obama microphone gaffe). The most vocal people on this issue on the right are men, oddly enough.

You don't want abortions, ok - I can side with that ( it shouldn't be used as a tool to fix a mistake), but give women the opportunity to avoid those mistakes by providing birth control, and their access to places like Planned Parenthood.

Also, keying in on birth control to stop the killings of tiny little innocent angel babies is kind of a facepalm moment, because birth control has other functions aside from controlling birth. There are a lot benefits to women who use it to regulate their cycles outside of sexual intercourse.

I didn't really follow the issue, but the way I see it if a Private organization (such as a church school) does not want to provide BC to whomever, it's their damn right as an organization to be that way. I know it gets muddled with the tax breaks and all that (but what isn't muddled by the IRS?) but, it's their right.

Also that chick that was called a slut by rush ? was like 30, seriously you're an adult, take some responsibility for yo'self. Don't like the school policy? different school.

But I don't know, ask Nick he goes to one of thems.

Churches are private institutions that exist inside sovereign states. Not the other way around. Much like you said with the Rush Limbaugh slut chick, if they don't like the policy I STRONGLY ENCOURAGE them to practice elsewhere.

I'll do you one better, Mega churches make BILLIONS upon BILLIONS... How about we compromise? I'll take away your tax exempt status and use the proceeds to distribute birth control to anyone who wants, provide sex ed. to lower and upper class children of all ages, and fund medicaid - so the institution of church doesn't have to compromise its beliefs. Does that sound fair? I think its pretty reasonable.

If a private org, doesn't want to provide birth control it shouldn't have to.
If a private org, doesn't want to give its workers lunch breaks, it shouldn't have to.
If a private org, doesn't want to dispose of its toxic waste properly, it shouldn't have to.
If a private org, doesn't want to pay minimum wage, it shouldn't have to.
If a private org, doesn't wan--..

You see where I'm going with this? The state helps improve the quality of life by forcing organizations to do things against their will. And "forcing" is the appropriate word because these organizations will fight tooth and nail for their right to exploit you. Birth control is no different.

Dobby2244 said:
ps and this might sound bad, but a lot of woman put themselves in stupid positions, like walking down a dark street alone with a short skirt on.

Didn't a statement like that start the whole slut walk thing?

UrbanMasque said:
If a private org, doesn't want to provide birth control it shouldn't have to.
If a private org, doesn't want to give its workers lunch breaks, it shouldn't have to.
If a private org, doesn't want to dispose of its toxic waste properly, it shouldn't have to.
If a private org, doesn't want to pay minimum wage, it shouldn't have to.

But I don't know many organizations that are opposed to paying minimum wage...they usually either pay you or make you volunteer. And they all like lunches...

As much as I agree with your overall point Urban, I just gotta say, you're really good at straw mans.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind having a policy where having a third child requires a thousand dollar tax. Just something so that lower class people who couldn't afford that wouldn't have another kid, and would go through a bunch of preventative methods after two. Meanwhile, it's small enough that middle class people can pay it if they want to have more kids.

Having 10 kids made sense in times when over half of them would die before age ten. Nowadays, if you can't afford to care for a child, you shouldn't have a child. And everything possible should be put in place to save you from yourself.

orgs ALWAYS oppose raising the minimum wage rate - since its beginning to now. Spewing that paying a fair wage would hurt their bottom line.

Free marketers always try to abolish it saying the market will regulate itself BS. Most of the sweatshop companies and coal mining orgs that employed child labor during the 40's when min wage was started, and opposed min wage, are no longer in business or operating in the US. Good riddance.

The fed gov't doesn't regulate lunches but states do. Not every state dictates how lunches should be treated, but in some of those states the standards are set by unions. Union A in job A, gets an hour lunch break - its only fair that in Job B for non union workers I offer the same or similar type of lunch setup.

We're way off topic - Provide women with health benefits surrounding their reproductive rights or the gov't should be able to make/tax you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod