The N Word

BlackStar

Rookie
I hate when white people use the N word. And I'm not talking about nigger, I'm talking about "The N Word."

It's probably not fair that I'm actually mixed and my half white side can be racist because the other half is black. It's great in a way because you can use either race to pretty much get away with anything.

But when I hear people say "The N Word" I just cringe. Because, well, because it's ridiculous. The N word doesn't change what you're saying, it's just now you're bringing more attention to how politically incorrect it is but you've also found a way to sugar coat it. I see it on the news, anchormen and women saying "The N Word". But you wouldn't hear them say "The K Word." Instead it's "anti-semitic comments were made today regarding the Jewish faith."

And what the fuck is up with the whole Nigga VS Nigger debate? Like it's ok to say one but not the other? That's like a white guy getting upset because I called him a Cracker instead of a Cracka. It's the same God damn word people.

White people are not responsible for what happened 100's of years before they were even born. All they're supposed to do is acknowledge it happened and work towards building a better future. It's water under the bridge man. Although I'm sure many would disagree, but I can't help it, I'm half white.

So does this mean white people can say Nigger? Chris Rock would say "Not Really". He said it's ok if you're rapping along to a song full of it. Because after all, black americans have pretty much made it as common as the F word. And let's be honest, you've most likely heard it more often than any other offensive word.

When you think about it, it's the only offensive word that can be used in a positive context. You can call a woman a cunt or a homosexual a faggot but that's deregoatory and offensive. You don't hear women going on about how only they can call themselves a cunt, because they don't like the word! An offensive word is supposed to be a word that a race/gender/religion is offended by and wouldn't use it in everyday life because it offends them. And yet, any other offensive word seems perfectly fine compared to the big scary N word!

So take Chris Rock's advice. This isn't an open invitation for white people to be racist, it's just a way to let them know that words are just that, words. And let's be honest, when a white guy uses it we just feel awkward. But regardles, It's all about context and how the word is used. If you're someone like Kramer then you're just an asshole, but if you just want to rap along to some Dr. Dre with black people in the room, then go for it.

And if they give you a hard time about it just point to some white guy and yell "Hey, look a faggot! Let's get him!"

Who cares?

The fact that black people are systematically oppressed by mechanisms of social inequality, incarceration, and racism are far more important than what they're called derogatorily.

I feel its very racist to say only one particular race can say a word, and no one else can. I also feel that a good portion of black people enjoy the word, and like having it as a stigma. It's kind of a way for black people to oppress the rest of society; having a word that no other race can use. Ironic really. I'm Jewish, and I would be offended if people called me Kyke. Also, my Jewish friends and I don't call each other that, because it's not a positive word and we don't feel the need to use it.

It's just a way to be racist and a minority, but not look like an asshole while doing it

The exact thing we would say to eachother in Illinois no matter if our black friends or white friends or tan friends are around.

Nigga please :lol:

Below is BlackStar's quote to help me understand what he's trying to say. This is not intended to be funny, but rather educational.
BlackStar said:
I hate when white people use the N word. And I'm not talking about nigger, I'm talking about "The N Word."
You lost me

BlackStar said:
It's probably not fair that I'm actually mixed and my half white side can be racist because the other half is black. It's great in a way because you can use either race to pretty much get away with anything.
With great power...

BlackStar said:
But when I hear people say "The N Word" I just cringe.
So it is nigger?
BlackStar said:
Because, well, because it's ridiculous. The N word doesn't change what you're saying, it's just now you're bringing more attention to how politically incorrect it is but you've also found a way to sugar coat it. I see it on the news, anchormen and women saying "The N Word". But you wouldn't hear them say "The K Word." Instead it's "anti-semitic comments were made today regarding the Jewish faith."
What's "The K Word?"

BlackStar said:
And what the fuck is up with the whole Nigga VS Nigger debate? Like it's ok to say one but not the other? That's like a white guy getting upset because I called him a Cracker instead of a Cracka. It's the same God damn word people.
I don't think white people get nearly as upset for being called "Cracker."

BlackStar said:
White people are not responsible for what happened 100's of years before they were even born. All they're supposed to do is acknowledge it happened and work towards building a better future. It's water under the bridge man. Although I'm sure many would disagree, but I can't help it, I'm half white.
True

BlackStar said:
So does this mean white people can say Nigger? Chris Rock would say "Not Really". He said it's ok if you're rapping along to a song full of it. Because after all, black americans have pretty much made it as common as the F word. And let's be honest, you've most likely heard it more often than any other offensive word.
So it is nigger?

BlackStar said:
When you think about it, it's the only offensive word that can be used in a positive context. You can call a woman a cunt or a homosexual a faggot but that's deregoatory and offensive. You don't hear women going on about how only they can call themselves a cunt, because they don't like the word! An offensive word is supposed to be a word that a race/gender/religion is offended by and wouldn't use it in everyday life because it offends them. And yet, any other offensive word seems perfectly fine compared to the big scary N word!

So take Chris Rock's advice. This isn't an open invitation for white people to be racist, it's just a way to let them know that words are just that, words. And let's be honest, when a white guy uses it we just feel awkward. But regardles, It's all about context and how the word is used. If you're someone like Kramer then you're just an asshole, but if you just want to rap along to some Dr. Dre with black people in the room, then go for it.

And if they give you a hard time about it just point to some white guy and yell "Hey, look a faggot! Let's get him!"
I don't know how pointing to a white guy and yelling "Hey, look a fag!" would resolve anything

I agree however I'm still not going to say it since

A) I listen to very little rap.

and

B) The rap I listen to doesn't even contain nigger (I'm not going to bypass the word filter)

It's a touchy subject but I find it funny how we've created the word wigger to describe a white person who is trying to act black.

The word nigga is like the word "dude" for black people. It's basically been inserted into our brain since the dawn of gangster rap over 20 years ago. It made sense at the time I guess, taking a hateful word and making it positive, albeit an exclusive one. But today I just wish nobody would say it except for black comedians.

Like Rakon put it it's now just a way to segregate us and bring attention to race. It's like the word is now insulting for white people. It reminds me of that South Park episode where Stan's dad says it on Wheel of Fortune.

From a psychological stand point, I think white people only want to say it because they can't. I mean if you're a hateful racist you'll say it regardless, but in terms of comedy or using it to describe a black friend, it's the age old dilemma on how mankind only wants something because they don't have it.

There are plenty of other ways for one black person to call another black person a friend. We don't need it and the sooner we're able to raise a new generation without having this word used so commonly, the better.

Stoners say, Homie, Dude, Bro, Awesome, Rad, Dope, Word, and Nigga please.

We also like to sometimes talk like we are Russian. "You are bitch nigger" * Russian
accent*

Just words to express with bro. Just like most black people today don't use it in such a way that actually means what it used to mean neither do most other people. Context is everything.

Peace ,Love, and technology dude.

My friends and I have a joke I say all the time "Why are you guys always calling me a cracker? It makes me hungry! no one ever gives me the crackers!" :lol:

BlackStar said:

Everyone knows calling a homosexual fag is wrong. South Park clearly defined fag as a annoying person who seeks attention just to feel good about themselves. Harley Bikers :)
250px-SouthParkFags.png
kidsfags-320x173.jpg

identify-fag.jpg

GLAAD encourages you to contact Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the creators of South Park, as well as Comedy Central, to share your personal stories of the negative impact the F-word and other anti-gay slurs have had on your life. It is important that the people behind South Park realize that the F-word is not just a harmless insult; it is a hateful word with often violent consequences

Yeah...As if Matt and Trey really care.

Green_Lantern said:
GLAAD encourages you to contact Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the creators of South Park, as well as Comedy Central, to share your personal stories of the negative impact the F-word and other anti-gay slurs have had on your life. It is important that the people behind South Park realize that the F-word is not just a harmless insult; it is a hateful word with often violent consequences

Yeah...As if Matt and Trey really care.

:bigup:

BlackStar said:
This is the best thing I've read here in years. Great, appreciated.

Mod-Chip said:
Who cares?
I care. It's an interesting pov. And not because it was BlackStar who made the point, but because he's right. The N word is pretty fucked up. I never looked at it that way but, wow, damn.

BlackStar said:
When you think about it, it's the only offensive word that can be used in a positive context.
So, yeah, had a girl who sometimes liked it when I call her "bitch"--only when I was fucking her. Yeah, when it comes to derogatory terms...someone's always getting fucked.
gonkleman.gif

...gentlemen

Optimus-Crime said:
BlackStar said:
I hate when white people use the N word. And I'm not talking about minority friend of mine, I'm talking about "The N Word."
This is the best thing I've read here in years. Great, appreciated.

Mod-Chip said:
Who cares?
I care. It's an interesting pov. And not because it was BlackStar who made the point, but because he's right. The N word is pretty fucked up. I never looked at it that way but, wow, damn.

BlackStar said:
When you think about it, it's the only offensive word that can be used in a positive context.
So, yeah, had a girl who sometimes liked it when I call her "bitch"--only when I was fucking her. Yeah, when it comes to derogatory terms...someone's always getting fucked.
gonkleman.gif

...gentlemen

The N word is a superficial element on top of something far more pernicious. I think concentrating on that one, very myopic aspect of structural inequality rather than what's really wrong with the system is far more perturbing.

Optimus-Crime said:
BlackStar said:
gonkleman.gif

...gentlemen

Bitch is supposed to mean a female dog so yeah it's pretty offensive to call a chick that. Unless she's a masochist or just enjoys verbal abuse. Bitches be crazy.

See what I did there?

Can someone help out Ugh? He's struggling.

Ugh, when a man and a woman love each other sometimes they will express their love in a physical form.... 9 months later a baby is born!

Only reason white people can't say the N word is they know if they do 30 black people will jump their ass. If it weren't that way every white person would say it, and it would no longer be taboo for white people to say. Just like there's a difference between a redneck, white trash, and a regular old white honkey. There's a difference between a nigger, and a black person.

With that said it's funny how they've earned the right to call us cracka, and cracker which is basically the same thing as us saying Nigger. I guess how many ever years of slavery(on going to this day with all the black people that work in fast food) earns you that. If they would take a step out of the box, and see that they shouldn't be such niggers they would realize that if they want what they want the have to stop being a nigger, and do something about it.

An acquaintance of mine said something to me about paying the black community welfare to have kids, which would in turn breed them votes for their first black president. Which sounds reasonable enough. If people of every color would wake up(black, blue, yellow, white, brown, guido, red, whatever) and see that it's not a fight against race, or each other. It's a spiritual fight. One we cant see against the government who divides us, and controls us that way. It's all about division my friend.

Wait, so what is the word?

No, I didnt just do that.

It's not really like that over here. We've had a lot of incidents in football lately involving racism. And all they've said is "racial slurs" etc in the news. People figure it out. Our shit dont go down like your shit ma brutha!
Of course, when people talk about said news they go, "did he say the N word?!" And I can imagine that would be annoying to you. But, I hate a world where I cant say, "ooooh yuk, I hate liqourice" without being called a racist. Keep it balanced people.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle