Was it a good move to ditch Garfunkel?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

thetank

Rookie
So I've been going through all my music, and "If You'll Be My Bodyguard" by Paul Simon just came on, and it got me thinking.

Art Garfunkel is a blond afro-sporting dick. Paul Simon is better off without him, and is a musical genius. I will not have a bad word said about the man.

Thoughts?

And what about acts you think were better off separated?

I honestly like Paul McCartney better without the Beatles. Most of the Beatles songs I like are the McCartney songs.

Simon did all the writing so of course he was better. Graceland is also an amazing album.

I think the oposite of used. McCartny couldn't hold a handle to Lennnon. None of his solo albums can measure up to Plastic Ono Band or All Things Must Pass.

ZZK, one word: Wings.

And Mikey, I am the jealous. Yes, I'm only 19, but I have taste. At my work at the moment, we've got the DVD of the Concert in Central Park, from back in '81.

Oh, man.

Wings released a couple good albums, but I still don't think any of them held a candle to the two I mentioned.

I do think Paul Simon is way better than Garfunkle, but I think he was better when they're together.

Interestingly both Simon, Garfunkle and I belong to the same fraternity. Yeah.

But I thing Paul was the superior musician. And Wings was a great band,

Simon and Garfunkel > Simon

As for other bands, I think The Smiths are so much better than Morrissey by himself. I usually think the band is better than the solo career, but look at people like eric clapton and phil collins.

I think Morrissey is just as good as the Smiths.
As for other bands/groups, Michael Jackson was better solo. Diana Ross was better solo.
I can't think of others...

I can't agree Tankie. While Paul is obviously the better... everything, Art has the hair of the gods.

JCD said:
I can't agree Tankie. While Paul is obviously the better... everything, Art has the hair of the gods.

Damn it, Kaniff, you know as well as I do, it didn't work for Vanilla Ice, just like it didn't work for Garfunkel.

ArtGarfunkel.jpg

Flaming_Tiki_God said:
I think Morrissey is just as good as the Smiths.
As for other bands/groups, Michael Jackson was better solo. Diana Ross was better solo.
I can't think of others...
Really? I like every single one of the smiths ones, the same doesn't apply for morrissey.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod