The Stalfros Experiment (Chat Thread)

Family Guy was kinda funny when it was a lesser known Fox show, simply because the jokes (the original ones at least) were very fresh. After the rebirth, they used the same jokes over and over until they were beyond stale. To summarise any recent episode, Stewie gay joke, Peter stupid joke, cut to random pop culture scene, bad joke bad joke, cut to unlikable character making a cameo, reuse old joke, wash rinse repeat.

Also, I'd agree that Simpsons is making a comeback. It isn't as good as it once was, but it's still good.

The Simpsons will always win for me.

Family Guy is also annoying because EVERY single young teenager thinks it's cool to quote it.

I would agree that Family Guy rips off The Simpsons WAY too much. They just do it to the extreme to the point where I don't find it funny. In The Simpsons, Lisa is the outsider but we still care for her. In Family Guy, Meg is the outsider and we are meant to hate her.

Family Guy has no character development or heart for that matter. It's just a bunch of random humor that at most times doesn't make any sense at all. Some of it was hilarious like Cookie Monster in Rehab or The Chicken Fight but you can only use random humor for so long before it's not random anymore.

I'm also glad that people finally see the genius of the Simpsons. It was a dark time when kids were growing up on Family Guy and saying Simpsons sucked.

Family Guy: The Story So Far (2009)
Narrated by Mathew Horne this BBC3 special takes a look at how the multi award winning animation show was originally created. A must for all Family Guy fans, the show includes exclusive interviews with the cast and creators, sneak peak clips from season eight and examines the success of Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane.
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=QWSIBTLE

^ pretty interesting

I have to agree with Trippy, Venture Bros is the pinnacle of cartoon comedies. Close second, Simpsons. But you can't really compare Simpsons to Family Guy in my mind. It's like comparing Seinfeld to Friends, both similar, both different, it all comes down to personal preference.

I stil think Family Guy is funny, but I will always think Simpsons is better because without them we wouldn't have FG or SP or any other animated series that are 14+

this isn't directed at anyone here but when I hear others bitch about how Simpsons sucks now I just quote Bart Simpson: "They've given you thousands of hours of entertainment for free, what could they possibly owe you? If anything you owe them!"

I watched the entire 8th season when I was leveling my 79 hunter to 80 (i finished on the last episode) and that episodes in that season. I listen to the commentaries and the makers just loooove that line.

Ok, time for a change! So, have you noticed all these Youtube poops? Some are good, some are bad and some are just weird. And almost all of them have content from Zelda:The faces of evil and Mario Hotel. The ones that are good have ideas that were never used before. The bad just copy the good ones and change the order of the lines.

Just got home earlier from work because I was sick.
Who do you think stood in my living room.
My ex's new boyfriend...

Jesus Christ, your ex can't close her legs for 8 hours? Women in their 20s, that's the way it is.
I know a lot of people say "guys are dogs, guys do women badly". That's bullshit. Women fucking SHlT on men.
They do things guys would never fucking do. Cold hearted bitches.

Hi girls! :bigup:

Chris_Crime said:
Jesus Christ, your ex can't close her legs for 8 hours? Women in their 20s, that's the way it is.
I know a lot of people say "guys are dogs, guys do women badly". That's bullshit. Women fucking SHlT on men.
They do things guys would never fucking do. Cold hearted bitches.

Hi girls! :bigup:

One of the worst experiences in my life: after graduating, I basically sat around and did nothing with my roommate who also had graduated. For July 4th, he was going up to FSU to visit his brother, who also happens to be an AEPi (the fraternity my roommate and I belong to) and I was going with him because I had never been to Tally. We stayed at the AEPi house for 3 nights. Aside from quickly realizing that I would never have gotten into the fraternity had I gone to FSU, but that the guys were typical frat guys - all they cared about was getting drunk every night and bringing over barely legal freshman girls.

The last night there was July 4th. No one lighted any fireworks, none of the guys were that interesting to talk to, so I decided to hit the air mattress early. Problem was - the room I was in shared a bathroom with the guy who told all the girls "Hey, if you need to use a bathroom, use mine."

Listening to the 20 some-odd girls was absolutely disgusting. Aside from the fact that three would be in the bathroom while one was taking a shit, and the other two would joke about how bad it stank, but just the way these vapid sluts thought process worked really pissed me off.

Now I know not all girls think that way, and that when they mature into women they have far more class and respect, but dear god the sounds that came out of that bathroom on that night would have put my most disgusting guy friends to shame.

Every hear the song Sic Transit Gloria - Glory Fades by Brand New? It kinda described my situation, but it never got thaaaat far.
Earlier this year, I dated a girl a class higher than me. I went to her house, and we were alone, and just kinda doing the make out scene, ya know? And then she starts saying I could grab her ass and actually made me when I moved my hands away. It got to the point where she was moving my hands to her front, and under all layers of clothes, and I asked her multiple times if she was sure about what we were doing. She said yes everytime. We'd only been together 6 days, and she broke up with me later that day because apparently I wasnt mature enough. She ended up changing the story she told to all her friends about how it was my idea and I forced myself onto her.
"He whispers that he loves her but shes probably only looking for sex..."

Well, this has nothing to do with much, really, but I just re-wrote my Ocarina of Time review if anyone wants to see it and comment.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133