The most memorable moments of our decade...

KoalaRainbowPoop said:
ya for gotabout predator and aliens man. how could ya forget???? and the only die hard movie, the first one, all the rest take place in a alternate reality of complete stupidity.

Yeah I know, but I was thinking about movies I saw growing up as a child. I didn't see Predator, Aliens, Die Hard or Terminator until the 90's when I was older. I also forgot The Never Ending Story and Indiana Jones :oops:

And Longo, I know the 80's weren't as great as the groovy 60's or rockin 70's but it was still a part of my childhood. I enjoyed growing up in a time where films were still original. Today movies are just remakes and franchises that have been milked to the bone. I didn't care about the fashion, I was a kid! As long as my sweater had a picture of Lion-O from the Thundercats I was happy. And as for the music, I loved Micheal Jackson, Thriller was awesome. No matter what your opinion of MJ has been during the last 20 years, we all know he was talented in the 80's (when he was black).

But yeah, when you look at it as a time when everyone tried to sober up and go back to the 50's lifestyle it's pretty lame. Luckily the 90's changed that.

What about that Water on the moon thing?

Surely something is going to happen with that in the future.
Military outpost, maybe?

Doesn't SARS mix in with Avian flu though? Or am I just crazy?
Anyways, this decade has been the years that woke me up from my child innocence in so many ways. I remember on 9/11 and I heard kids on the playground making fun of people falling out of buildings that something wasn't right. The world isn't what I'm being sheltered right now into believing. I have very vivid memories of that time, and others like it where I started forming my own opinions.
Its also when I found my love for music. Until my first mp3 player, I carried my CD player EVERYWHERE. When we took our 8th grade trip to DC, I spent 100 dollars in FYE just because I found CDs I wanted. I play the tuba, and I like to think Im pretty good at it.
It's been a long time, but I have a lot more to go.

Hey SARS was awesome! Because of that virus I got to see ACDC and Rolling Stones perform at the SARS concert in Toronto for only 20 bucks.

Also, according to a lot fo fans, the new millenium was when Simpsons began to suck,

To hell with them I say.

what were the countries formed in this last decade?

I remember an eastern European one gaining independence last year, Ostassia? Cmon help me out people...

piracer said:

I remember an eastern European one gaining independence last year, Ostassia? Cmon help me out people...

It wasn't so much independence as "You're now part of Russia, except for the name"

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
piracer said:

It wasn't so much independence as "You're now part of Russia, except for the name"

Really? I thought they were finally an independent country?

lets not forget, this is the decade where they finally proved giant monster squids exist. whats scarier than a great white? those fuckers are.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod