The 80's

StickyGreenGamer said:
Double Dragon was awesome.

Because if you were a little b**** and played it on easy, it wouldn't let you play the whole game. It would pretty much tell you

"Hey, you suck at this game cause you play it on Easy, and you aren't good enough to beat the parts past this point, so we just aren't going to let you play it. Cause no person who sucks will ever beat our game. And you suck, cause you play on easy. Noob."

That's right, Double Dragon termed the coin noob.... *Shifty glances*

Yup, I think you could only play the first 6 missions on easy. And if you beat it on Medium it would stop before the final boss and tell you to try Hard mode. But I was able to beat it on Hard cause I'm cool like that 8) No auto-save, no wussy infinite continues. When you're dead it's back to start buddy.

WickedLiquid said:
I totally agree with BlackStar. :)

Sure you can find three things from the 80's that were reboots. But you can name many many many more reboots from the 80's alone that we have today.

I never watched The Loan Ranger but I did see Tim Burton's Batman and Star Trek TNG. They were damn GOOD and very successful. Infact, I'd even say TNG is BETTER than the original Star Trek (just my opinion trekkies, not trying to start a war). And Burton's Batman is much better than Adam West's Batman, but that kinda goes without saying. And then Christopher Nolan's Batman is even better than Burton's movies. Batman is just friggin awesome like that and keeps getting better.

I never said I disagreed with BlackStar. I was merely pointing out that not everything was original in the eighties, most but not all. I thought the 1989 Batman was a pretty good movie, and I love Star Trek: TNG. Just because something is based on something else doesn’t mean it’s bad or unprofitable.

tinymhg said:
Every decade has something in it that was “borrowedâ€

Oh, I'm not saying you disagree with BlackStar. And I agree with your final quote. I was just happy to read what he said and had to point it out, lol.

I was merely reiterating the statement he made where the 80's and 90's did a good job remaking things from the past. There's a sense of originality in the '89 Batman film, or TNG, or the 90's X-Men animated series. Because they feel like they've been re-invented so to speak. But in the past 12 years all that integrity of bringing something new to an existing film or series has been thrown out the window. The only reboot within the past decade that (to me) truly feels like it's something new and innovative are Nolan's Batman movies.

But hey, it's a different era now. Today we have HD and super fast internet, not too shabby.

WickedLiquid said:
The only reboot within the past decade that (to me) truly feels like it's something new and innovative are Nolan's Batman movies.
Yeah those are good. I also really liked the Star Trek reboot, that franchise was near death because of some very very bad TNG movies and Star Trek: Enterprise the worst of the TV series in my opinion.

Sorry if I was too defensive, but I thought you were dismissing my point entirely. Friends? :)

tinymhg said:
Yeah those are good. I also really liked the Star Trek reboot, that franchise was near death because of some very very bad TNG movies and Star Trek: Enterprise the worst of the TV series in my opinion.

God, Nemesis and Insurrection were SOOOOOO bad. Enterprise was more mediocre.... mediocre in the sense that season one was pretty meh, season two make you want to vomit, season three was alright and season four was actually pretty good. It's too bad that it took them 3 whole seasons before they figured out what worked best for the show.

But yeah, the reboot is a really good thing for the franchise.

Also, for all you nerds who care, my brother saw Zachary Quinto and Leonard Nimoy a few days ago at UCLA. Quinto said the new Star Trek movie starts filming in 5 months.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133