The most memorable moments of our decade...

WickedLiquid

Regular
As we are approaching the 2010's we are leaving behind another decade; the 2000's, another ten years filled with memories that touched us all.

So everyone share something big that happened this decade that touched us all. I'll start with the big one: 9/11.

I wonder what people of the future will think of when they think of this decade. The facebook generation? The decade of Terrorism? Or perhaps it will always be remembered as the first black man to become president of the United States.

white-noise said:
I wonder what people of the future will think of when they think of this decade. The facebook generation? The decade of Terrorism? Or perhaps it will always be remembered as the first black man to become president of the United States.

Third choice most definitely. ;)

Errr where do I start?!

My loss of virginity. My first alcoholic drink. My first blowjob (received...for you jokers out there). My first love. My first puff of weed.

Yet to do: my first anal (giving...for you jokers out there).

First black president....meh...not as important ;)

This decade has been pretty depressing in a lot of ways. So I guess one thing that made me happy during it would be Harry Potter. :) (movies and some of the books)
Another good thing- my first and second time being able to vote in a presidential election.

Some of the bad/sad stuff that either affected me in some way or was over-taught to me during school:
9/11
Virginia Tech
Enron
Terri Schiavo
People saying Pluto isn't a planet anymore. :(

KoalaRainbowPoop said:
it'll be remembered has the decade that tweens ruined music

That's not really new. Boy bands and Spice Girls were big in the 90's.

Micheal Jackson died.
Saddam Hussien was execucted.
Ashley Simpson lyp sinched on SNL (that was pretty damn funny)
Every single has-been and B celebrtiy got a reailty show (that was pretty damn depressing)
Kramer went apesh!t on some hecklers
The home phone and cable TV began to die out as cell phones and internet took over

My memory for this decade is rather recent, October 2008 to exact.
I remember chillin so some college buds when we turned to MSNBC to only learn that Lehman Brothers went belly up with most of the economy. Then thinking wow I graduate in 2 months, finding a job is going to Awesome! ( Much sarcasm)

Kijan said:
white-noise said:

Third choice most definitely. ;)

Well it certainly won't be remembered as the decade we became colorblind on race issues, that's for sure.

Maybe the 2020's will be remembered for the election of the first slightly purple with a hint of ultramarine president.

Anyhow, this will be the decade of "What the bloody hell went wrong?"

Nipplegate
The rise of reality TV (The death of a respectable culture) and digital media (which is causing a huge shift in all sorts of businesses)
Iranian elections
Chinese gymnasts
Katrina

The decade where:
Every guy tried to be a thug
Every girl tried to be a whore
Every idiot was given a voice
A decade of George W. Bush, who will likely go down as one of the worst presidents of all time.

Honestly, there is very little about this decade that I want to be remembered. Everything good happened in the last few years.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle