The 80's

Longo_2_guns said:
80's cartoons were the pinnacle of toyetic television. Every single one was based on a toy. Every single one.

And really, those shows were garbage. They were total crap. Now, Dragon Ball Z, that was something special.

Diabolus said:
used44 said:
You guys are acting like chicks at an 80's Party. OMG! I love this cliche song that I only like because it screams "eighties!"

I'd be curious to know your ages. I'm one of the older guys here and I was born in '87. I love a lot of things from the 80's but I don't pretend like I was having a blast during them. I was a toddler.

I was born in '77. My earliest 80's memory was firing up my Atari 2600 for the first time.

Quoted for end of page death.

used44 said:
I'd be curious to know your ages. I'm one of the older guys here and I was born in '87. I love a lot of things from the 80's but I don't pretend like I was having a blast during them. I was a toddler.

Whoo birthday year buddies!

81, and I remember the late 80's, on top of that I had older siblings. The cartoons rocked, suck it, Longo. Replace the 80's and everything I've said with Japanese shit and you have the half of the board that's bitching.

Bretimus_v2 said:
81, and I remember the late 80's. The cartoons rocked, suck it, Longo.

Seriously? Sure, they rocked back then. But if you had the choice today, would you watch those or something newer?

Also, you forgot to mention Silverhawks.

My physics teacher started reminiscing about his Atari 2600 in class last Friday... Like 3 kids understood what he was talking about and everyone else just kind of looked at him and blinked. nobody remembers the 80s, i'm telling you

keepithowitis said:
My physics teacher started reminiscing about his Atari 2600 in class last Friday... Like 3 kids understood what he was talking about and everyone else just kind of looked at him and blinked. nobody remembers the 80s, i'm telling you

Take a glimpse at your future. "I remember the PlayStation!"

*blank stares accompanied by the sound of crickets*

Diabolus said:
Seriously? Sure, they rocked back then. But if you had the choice today, would you watch those or something newer?

Dude, you can say that about any children's show. I fucking loved the 90's X-Men cartoon, the 90's spider-man cartoon and the 90's TMNT. But would I watch them today? Hell no. Because I'm not a kid any-more and I don't find it as entertaining as something that is targeted more for adults.

But yes, 80's cartoons were also friggin awesome. Don't forget Thundercats!

Also I'm 25, born in '86. I may have been a baby but I was lucky enough to watch 80's AND 90's cartoons growing up because my cousin who is 4 years older than me had them all on tape. I would watch them during the crappy Saturday Morning Cartoons before the good ones like X-Men came on! Not to mention I also grew up on 80's movies and 80's MJ before hitting middle school and being apart of the post-grunge scene.

And my parents were cheap so I grew up on NES. Hey, I didn't know the difference... until that stupid kid at school kept going on about how SNES is cool and NES sucks... I hated that kid :evil:

WickedLiquid said:
Because I'm not a kid any-more and I don't find it as entertaining as something that is targeted more for adults.
I STILL watch Freakazoid!, Digimon, Justice League, and even the X-Men ones. Sure, they're flawed and childish, especially the X-Men/Spider-Man ones to an extent, but they're still damn good.

80's cartoons were just kinda mediocre. Cept for Go-Bots.

But really, they all pale in comparison to the 70's. In Japan. They had Science Ninja Team Gatchaman, Yatterman, Gold Lightan, Hurricane Polymar, Casshan, and all sorts of other Tatsunotical shows, plus the start of sentai and henshin shows that pretty much defined the cartoons and shows that came later.

Seriously, though, 80's cartoons sucked.

used44 said:
Born in 1963, graduated High school 1981. Not only do I remember the 80’s I enjoyed them. I remember the video game crash when no one was buying or playing video games because they sucked so bad. On a bulletin board at college I saw an Atari 2600 and all the games the guy had for $30.Then came Nintendo and all was bright and sunny in video game land. The 80’s were when I got legally drunk for the first time, the first time I voted, the first time I watched a music video on Friday Night Videos, and when I told the head of the Chemistry department he was a fool in front on a class room full of people.

The 80's were great. The 90's were better but the 80's were still TIGHT! If you're hating on the 80's then you were probably born in the 90's and don't deserve to be in this thread so kindly click the Misc button and go back to talking about whatever you kids talk about.

I was born in 82 and what did I grow up on?

A little of this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi_XLOBDo_Y&ob=av3e

A little of that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRWDvVF3LxA

Some of this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn7-JZq0Yxs

Some of that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ApypJw-JAI

A tad of this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_z5We7RYp8

A tad of that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B_UYYPb-Gk

If you don't love it then you just don't understand...

Longo_2_guns said:
Seriously, though, 80's cartoons sucked.

50smh.gif

I can't tell if Tinymhg is joking about being 48 or not because I can never tell his jokes from his everything else.

90's X-Men totally holds up, by the way. Spider-man not so much.

used44 said:
I can't tell if Tinymhg is joking about being 48 or not because I can never tell his jokes from his everything else.

He's not joking. I saw him post his age months ago in a front page comment.

used44 said:
The big problem with the 90's X-Men is the first three episodes or so, when they introduce a new character who's completely useless and unlikable, kill him off, and then have all the characters (especially Wolverine for some reason) lament his loss.
And then he's never mentioned again.

His argument
Longo said:
80's cartoons were the pinnacle of toyetic television. Every single one was based on a toy. Every single one.

His rebuttal
Longo said:
I STILL watch Freakazoid!, Digimon, Justice League, and even the X-Men ones. Sure, they're flawed and childish, especially the X-Men/Spider-Man ones to an extent, but they're still damn good.

My rebuttal
Because none of those shows ever sold a toy...?

And Kijan, 90's Batman is the best Batman. And don't get me wrong, I love the 90's too guys. I spent my 9 to 18 span in the 90's.

I almost forgot. TMNT. Those turtles were in a half-shell.

used44 said:
No joke I’m so old I fart dust. I have my picture from a few years back posted in my profile.
And used are my jokes really so bad that you can’t tell them apart from when I’m being serious? :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle