The most memorable moments of our decade...

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM3Z_Kskl_U
Not even so much the event, mostly just the fact that somebody created youtube.

*The decade that a lot of problems popped up, manifested themselves, or got even worse, and would have been a great time to do something about it, but nobody did anything so they just got worse. But I suppose you could say that about many decades.

*The decade that started out with some people talking on cell phones, had a bunch of people talking on cell phones by the middle, and ended with a bunch of people texting on their cell phones.

the decade where the eastern grid lost power
the decade of cloning and gene splicing
the decade of the large hauldron collider (still waiting for that to turn into a real life half life)
the decade of the dark knight which showed super hero movies can be good
the decade of the housing market crashing
the decade of high unemployment
the decade of the over abuse of auto tuner
the decade of where everyone thought they were a rapper or dj

god damn, so few good things happened this decade...

Longo_2_guns said:
A decade of George W. Bush, who will likely go down as one of the worst presidents of all time..

One of the worst, yes, but not THE worst. That would probably still go to Nixon. At least in this war, Saddam was removed from power and executed which was a good thing. People who say Bush was the worst President ever has most likely been brain washed by Micheal Moore propaganda (not you specifically Longo, just making a statement).

It still doesn't excuse Bush from putting little effort into finding Bin Laden and bringing him to justice. Also Bush proved many times he had no idea what the fuck he was doing. He was certainly the worst president our generation has seen, but anyone who says worst of all time needs a history lesson.

It's ironic how back in 2000 the public thought they had no choice in voting because they believed Al Gore and George Bush were the exact same. Oh how they were wrong.

hola.jpg

white-noise said:
Eyebrowsbv31 said:
Anyhow, this will be the decade of "What the bloody hell went wrong?"

I thought that was the 80's LMAO

Yup, the 80's definitely takes the cake for worst decade ever! Hey, don't get me wrong, I was born in 83. I grew up with The Goonies and GhostBusters and Back to the Future and The Breakfast Club and The NES and Thundercats and Astroboy and Thriller and... wait a second... the 80's weren't that bad at all!!!

Anyways, back on topic... during this decade gas skyrocketed to prices nobody could've foreseen in the 90's. And now everyone drives fuel efficient vehicles.

And who remembers the black out in '03? All of NY state and Ontario were without power for over 24 hrs. I believe the power went out around 4pm, right in the middle of rush hour! I'm sure for a lot of people it was hell, but for me it was a blast. Sat out on my buddy's patio in the darkness, made a camp fire in the backyard, drank beers out of the cooler and ate burgers off the BBQ!

WickedLiquid said:
And who remembers the black out in '03? All of NY state and Ontario were without power for over 24 hrs. I believe the power went out around 4pm, right in the middle of rush hour! I'm sure for a lot of people it was hell, but for me it was a blast. Sat out on my buddy's patio in the darkness, made a camp fire in the backyard, drank beers out of the cooler and ate burgers off the BBQ!
My college roommate and I ran around our dorm with glow sticks all night and had a blast!!

MonkeyPox said:
My memory for this decade is rather recent, October 2008 to exact.
I remember chillin so some college buds when we turned to MSNBC to only learn that Lehman Brothers went belly up with most of the economy. Then thinking wow I graduate in 2 months, finding a job is going to Awesome! ( Much sarcasm)

Yeah thats how I felt too, although I graduated in May of 2008.

WickedLiquid said:
Yup, the 80's definitely takes the cake for worst decade ever! Hey, don't get me wrong, I was born in 83. I grew up with The Goonies and GhostBusters and Back to the Future and The Breakfast Club and The NES and Thundercats and Astroboy and Thriller and... wait a second... the 80's weren't that bad at all!!!
80's suck. Music was terrible, fashion was terrible, and every movie that wasn't Back to the Future, Tron, or Terminator was terrible. Don't get me wrong, there were a few good things, and everything from the 80's was built on in the 90's with the result being good, but it was still bad. Also, Reagan.

The 80's is like the Middle School of decades. Shitty, but necessary.

madster111 said:
Wes said:
Internet was also 90's. :roll:
Yes, but this decade we have 20mbps+ which has allowed the first of Digital Distribution.

But that's like saying TV was a big part of this decade because we now have flat screens in HD. When in fact TV has been a big part of our lives since the late 30's.

If you wanna talk about what the internet has given us this decade (YouTube, facebook, etc) then that's different. But it began in the 90's and what we have now is just an improvement.

WickedLiquid said:
white-noise said:
Eyebrowsbv31 said:
Anyhow, this will be the decade of "What the bloody hell went wrong?"

I thought that was the 80's LMAO

Anyways, back on topic... during this decade gas skyrocketed to prices nobody could've foreseen in the 90's. And now everyone drives fuel efficient vehicles.

ya for gotabout predator and aliens man. how could ya forget???? and the only die hard movie, the first one, all the rest take place in a alternate reality of complete stupidity.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod