Most Over-hyped

If you squeezed Halo 3 it was fill buckets with hype.
I mean it has both Halo and Halo 2 feeding into it.

Here's something you guys might not realize:

ALMOST NONE OF THE HYPE WAS DIRECTED AT YOU!

You are the hard core gamer. Don't deny it, you're in the forums on a game website. You've known about Halo for years. You've paid attention to every attention getting effort Microsoft has put forward. BUT MOST PEOPLE HAVEN'T.

Is a movie overhyped when they advertise it? Sometimes, yes, but no one bitches and moans about it the way you guys are. Take a look at any of the recent animated films, especially Shrek. That green ogre was everywhere the Master Chief has been, and more. Are there Halo fruit snacks? Halo public service announcements? (Shrek and Donkey want you outside playing) Had movies been your primary love, you probably would have grown tired by their efforts.

Hard core gamers must realize that while they're still the base of the video game industry, companies like Microsoft and Sony are doing their best to expand that out. MS wants Halo 3 to be seen by the Mass Media and society as just as big an event as the new season of American Idol. Unfortunately, because of the lack of respect the video game industry gets, they have to scream to be heard. And you better get used to games being promoted like this, its only going to get more insane from here out. I'm waiting for garbage trucks to have Katamari logos on them. :)

Also, while I know it makes you feel cool to hate on something other people love, you guys need to get over yourselves.

- C!

well said Colin! but...you can never have too much halo crap. im wating for the cereal (duh, "Hal-Os"). and the toilet paper with the prophet truths face!

^What r u talking about? Still waiting?!
The Arbiter is getting a spin off sit-com, about his awkward adolescent years.

[jk]

or how about a cartoon with the arbiter's son growing up on earth. Hell play with human kids and and always be getting into trouble. but he tries to be good, and the arbiter (in father mode) understands that, and concludes each episode with a warm father-son hug.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod