Most Over-hyped

By over-hyped I would take it to mean that the game doesn't live up to expectations. So with that I wouldn't say Halo 3. But:

Doom 3
Killzone
Advent Rising (anyone remember the hype for this game before it completely bombed?)
Super Mario Sunshine
Every 3D Sonic game
Halo 2 (Aside from the multiplayer)
Quake 4
Just Cause
Any Final Fantasy after 8 or 9

That's all I can think of right now.

JCD said:
By over-hyped I would take it to mean that the game doesn't live up to expectations. So with that I wouldn't say Halo 3. But:

Doom 3
Killzone
Advent Rising (anyone remember the hype for this game before it completely bombed?)
Super Mario Sunshine
Every 3D Sonic game
Halo 2 (Aside from the multiplayer)
Quake 4
Just Cause
Any Final Fantasy after 8 or 9

That's all I can think of right now.

you cant tell me 12 didn't live up to the hype, but halo 3 did, the hyping of halo 3 was off the charts and no game could have lived up to what everyone was hoping

Are we talking fan hype, or advertisement hype? If for advertisements, then yeah, Halo 3 got totally out of control... in a good way. It was nice to see the Chief getting recognized practically everywhere.

If we're talking game hype... well, that really depends on the individual. One man's junk is another's treasure and all that.

For once I agree with IcePick Halo3 didn't live up to the hype either. I mean it was a good game just was expecting more,.

Final Fantasy 11
FF7 DC
Medal of Honor Airbourn
Call of Duty 3
guitar hero rock the 80s(Or what ever its called)
The GodFather

i would say the most overhyped game that failed recently was Lair, or any PS3 game... ahh let the angry sony fanboy posts start!

sparky87 said:
i would say the most overhyped game that failed recently was Lair, or any PS3 game... ahh let the angry sony fanboy posts start!

.... :?

this topic has Halo 3 written allll over it.

Well, for me, top of the list would definitely be Final Fantasy 7. Hyped by fans, hyped in ads (they even had TV ads in Norway, which is -still- incredibly rare)... And then I played it and... Well, I think I have a review talking about that at length, so I won't bother doing it here.

And a rather weird thing: I did a lot of hyping of Guitar Hero 2 myself months before I bought it, mostly because of the Trogdor song. As a disciple of the Churagosgue (Hey, let's see you try to make up a word containing elements of three kinds of holy buildings in it) of Strong Bad, I kept "yelling" the TROGDOR song in this chatroom I freqent nearly every day when I heard it was to be a bonus song in GH2. And well, it's not a bad game, but I had turned up my hopes so much to it and were initially rather disappointed. Especially for Harmonix to include RATM. I still hate them for that.

Killzone it was said to be the Halo killer but it didnt even though it was a pretty good game and the sequel looks good too except the graphics dont have next gen like quality.

Hawk_one said:
Well, for me, top of the list would definitely be Final Fantasy 7. Hyped by fans, hyped in ads (they even had TV ads in Norway, which is -still- incredibly rare)... And then I played it and... Well, I think I have a review talking about that at length, so I won't bother doing it here.

And a rather weird thing: I did a lot of hyping of Guitar Hero 2 myself months before I bought it, mostly because of the Trogdor song. As a disciple of the Churagosgue (Hey, let's see you try to make up a word containing elements of three kinds of holy buildings in it) of Strong Bad, I kept "yelling" the TROGDOR song in this chatroom I freqent nearly every day when I heard it was to be a bonus song in GH2. And well, it's not a bad game, but I had turned up my hopes so much to it and were initially rather disappointed. Especially for Harmonix to include RATM. I still hate them for that.
Why does everyone bitch about the graphics in FF7 I mean wtf it was 1997 what were you expecting. Bet you didn't even play it till the PS2 was out just like most of the people who say shit about it. Me I liked it I had alot of fun playing it but it isn't my favorite FF.

If you had actually read the review, you'd have noticed a couple of things: I complained about the stupid dual design of the characters (the battle versions look great for its time, it's the non-combat versions that really stink. Especially when they're the ones used for the FMVs), and it was not at all my biggest complaint about the game. Horrible (and badly translated) plot and a completely useless main character ranks vastly higher up there.

And I played it long before I got a PS2, so wrong on that account as well (not surprising, that). Heck, I played Final Fantasy 2 (The Japanese FF2, that is) after I got a PS2, and still enjoyed that more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod