CoD: Black Ops

5 more days...

I'm so hyped for this one and I'm sure many of you are as well.

So as we count down the final days to this piece of awesome being released I would like to see who all from GR will be playing.

Will you be picking it up day 1? What platform will you be purchasing the game for and which edition do you plan to grab?

I will definitely be picking it up for ps3 on release.

I'm planning on picking it up on the PC...And since it releases a day before my birthday I will probably the day it comes out as a birthday present to myself.

Excited for Treyarch to be going back to dedicated servers!

i plan on picking it up for the ps3...but ill be waiting a little bit and hoping for an awesome black friday sale

I find this to be the Call of Duty where they finally jump the shark with things you can reward yourself with and things you can do. I hate to say it but because of things like remote control exploding cars I don't think I'll be buying this edition of the game. That and I hate Treyarch anyway, what have they done for us other than Nazi Zombies?

I'm debating whether to get it for PC (dedicated servers; better, but smaller, community; and guys from GR) or 360 (huge community; all my friends from school)

I've just read that the next CoD will come out in 2011. Seriously? How many fucking games do they need in one generation?

How long will the campaign be this time? 3 hours?

Keepit, get it for 360!

I'm not 100% behind this game, but my brother and all my friends will be getting it day one, so I'll probably jump on the bandwagon pretty quickly.

Diabolus said:
I've just read that the next CoD will come out in 2011. Seriously? How many fucking games do they need in one generation.

It's a yearly release, just like it has been for the past four years or so. And developers aren't in any rush to get to the next generation console - probably 5 years away still so there will be plenty more.

It'll probably be more than 5 years. Just because I cant imagine how better it can get without it being real.

Has anyone seen who rank #1 is online in CoD:MW2? They've played the game for 200-odd days! And the game hasn't been out for a year yet?

....dude....

Brotip: Call of Duty are made by Activision, who want to make as much money off of them as possible. And that means releasing the same game every year, because millions of people will still buy them.

Green_Lantern said:
Not really...

Considering black ops is the most pre ordered game ever, showing how highly anticipated this game is, I would say yes it is surprising that the enthusiasm being shown by the greater gaming community isn't showing up here.

Most people here aren't a part of the greater gaming community. Because most of the greater gaming community knows dick all about games.

Call of Duty games are really like Michael Bay movies, or that 2012 movie. They sell a shitload off of flash and hype, but really aren't that good.

Longo_2_guns said:
Most people here aren't a part of the greater gaming community. Because most of the greater gaming community knows dick all about games.

Call of Duty games are really like Michael Bay movies, or that 2012 movie. They sell a shitload off of flash and hype, but really aren't that good.

Your personal opinions of the gaming community and your opinion of the game doesn't matter.

The fact that this is the most pre ordered game ever and could very likely set more sales records at launch shows the ridiculous number of people excited for this game. For there to be that many people excited yet so few here, is surprising.

However I suppose if we take into account how many posts are made here in any of the console sub categories we could see that gr just has a generally low enthusiasm for gaming as a whole....

I_Hate_MGS said:
Longo_2_guns said:

Your personal opinions of the gaming community and your opinion of the game doesn't matter.

The fact that this is the most pre ordered game ever and could very likely set more sales records at launch shows the ridiculous number of people excited for this game. For there to be that many people excited yet so few here, is surprising.

However I suppose if we take into account how many posts are made here in any of the console sub categories we could see that gr just has a generally low enthusiasm for gaming as a whole....

Even it outsells all games in the world combined... doesn't mean it's going to be the best game around. Why should I jump on the bandwagon, just because everybody else does?

MW2 really didn't leave a nice impression on the CoD franchise for the time to come. In my eyes at least. Don't know about you. But I guess you don't really care about my opinion, eh? :p :D

keepithowitis said:
I'm debating whether to get it for PC (dedicated servers; better, but smaller, community; and guys from GR) or 360 (huge community; all my friends from school)
Buy it on 360, torrent it on PC.

I'll do that in 2-3 months when it's on sale and all the faggy-shouty-insulty 12/13 year olds have moved on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod