Which game was the biggest let down?

kingkyle

Rookie
There are millions of game, some get hyped up beyond recognition. Which game in your eyes was the biggest let down?

"Silent Hill" 4: The Room. Notice the "Silent Hill" is in quotation marks here... :roll: Man, that game sucked.

Yeah, recently that I'm still annoyed quite thoroughly over, Kane and Lynch. It's a shame because I do like the characters, or at least the idea of the characters, if not always the dialogue... but the game itself, gameplay and vapidly random style and difficulty pissed me off, and mixed with it being short and ugly and depressing, it let me down big time since I thought that you'd get to do at least a few good bank jobs and have it feel varied and sexy, and strategic, but noooo. In fact, Grand Theft Auto 4 has more of the game I hoped to see in Kane and Lynch and I wasn't even looking forward to it for that aspect... So yes... This is my rant on its anger inducing gametiscles. Even though it was a little fun doing co op with my friend since I had just bought the system and was completely new to it, but beyond kicking him for sucking, there was no joy in the violent abandons.
Sorry, short answer, Kane and Lynch.
It just shows how dissapointed I still am that I preordered it and have learned to never preorder again.... well... after Army of Two, but that only upset me because I didn't get my code. :(

Back on topic.

I was super letdown by Fable. I've also expected a lot more out of the recent Madden games. Getting worse and worse.

Mario Kart Wii for sure. I didn't think the rubberbanding and constant blue shells could get worse from Double Dash, but just by adding four extra racers Nintendo managed it.

Grand Theft Auto IV...

Short, simplified story with overly easy missions.

And without Live, I feel like I've got a pretty medicore game.

Mario cart Wii, Neverwinter nights 2...

Guild Wars. Huge god damn let down. It was so good in beta, but within 2 months the stupid took over and everyone was just hoarding loot. The story became pointless to follow because everyone just wants loot and rush through the game. Sucks.

Easily Assassin's Creed.
While that game had some good elements in play, it was overwhelmed by bad design choices, horrid combat, badly implemented stealth mechanics and a world, that while interesting, was only there as a climbing surface and nothing.
Even these flaws I could have forgiven if the last part of the game wasn't the worst aspect of the game for three chapters followed by something that if you actually are willing to call it an ending you are bing FAR to kind.
Also, though I have not beaten it, I was also pretty let down by Super Paper Mario. Depending on how oyu look at it it's either a RPG with a boring, easy and simplistic battle system or a platformer with gameplay that crawls along at a snails pace. Also, if you are making a mario game and your dialogue to gameplay ratio apporached, let's say, Xenosaga levels, you should start over. No one that's worth mentioning cares that much about the plot of a mario game.

Recently, Mario Kart Wii. Sure, you can uses two kinds of vehicles, but you have to use bikes to win. And winning itself is rare, with how poop-flingingly ridiculous it gets when you just keep getting hit by oppressive random power-ups.

-Recent? Iron Man PSP, I think all versions but PSP was the one I tried...

-God Of War, i think I heard to much good stuff and when I played it i expected to be blown away but apart from good graphics I find it as a simple mediocre platformer game, senseless nudity, horrible gameplayand a very very predictable story...well thats what i thought of it plus over acted voices and wired character and monster designed, the GODs were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay simple, oh and I mean the 2 PS2 version cause I really liked the PSP's

I gotta agree with whoever said Silent Hill 4.

Also Devil May Cry 2 and 3. 2 was lame and 3 made me want to smash the disc with a hammer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod