Biggest letdown

letusprey

Rookie
If this topic has been discussed not to long ago, go ahead and get rid of it. But what game was your biggest letdown. One you got really excited for and then when you played it your smile slowly faded into a frown.

For me it was the first Blitz: The League. I love football, and any non-madden version of the game is something I am willing to look into, but the loading times killed this game, and the memories of playing Blitz in the arcade with a friend and tackling the receiver illegally right before he makes the game winning catch were washed away, I found myself doing other things to kill time during the loading screens. The only other game I can recall that did this much loading was Postal II. Now I am rambling....

So lets here it, biggest letdown?

This topic doesn't belong hear.

OOOOH!

Seriously though, you probably just forgot you weren't in General Gaming. No biggie.

Yeah actually that is exactly what happened :). My bad. Someone move it please. Or just kill it. Because this topic is starting to become my biggest letdown :)

very clever FCM.

well this is likely to get moved to general, so i'll post. I'm gonna have to say my biggest gaming letdown was mgs3 (!!!!) i don't even really why i didn't like it, i got so pumped, reading all the reviews and thinking it would be awesome, and then for some reason i completely lost interest a few stages in. I can totally see why people like it, and agree that it is good, but for some reason... i dont know, just not my kinda game i guess

I've probably brought this up a million times, but Fable 1 was a major disappointment for those of us who followed its development and bought into the promises that were never delivered or explored.

More recently, I had high hopes for Mercenaries 2 after what Longo told me about it. But I played it for about an hour and then gave it away. At least I got it for cheap.

Resistance 2 was my biggest let down recently. I was expecting a game that would blow CoD4 out of the water, but all I got was 60-player online competitive and 8-player idiot fest. No vehicles, no mind-blowing co-op...just more room for braying donkeys.

Also,
TheNesMan said:
Geez, what kind of mods do we have here?

I've probably said this before in another thread, but...

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - This game was hyped up for so long and I'm a big fan of Star Wars. It was kind of fun when it came out but seriously... finishing the game in six hours with no replay value, the game is filled with so many bugs and glitches leading to much frustration, the combat gets repetitive and the God of War style quick time events are so boring and "lazy". This game wasn't worth its price tag and the downloadable content that has been released for it is so expensive. The game itself... it's as if the developers just stopped working on the game and just waited for the release date to release their game. I feel it's unfinished, and could/should have been so much better.

Mirror's Edge - I was looking forward to this because it just did look so fantastic. It was fresh, new and was daring to be different. Unfortunately the game was too short, offered little replay value and was incredibly frustrating. Like the Force Unleashed, I believe this game could, or perhaps should have been just so much more.

Soul Calibur 4 - I was disappointed with this game because while the character creation was alright, the rest of the game felt like a downgrade compared to say, Soul Calibur 3. The only thing that felt "next-gen" about this game were the graphics. The inclusion of Star Wars characters I found very strange and disappointing, with Yoda being broken and the Apprentice being ridiculously cheap/over powered.

That's probably it for me. :p

Dynasty Warriors 6. I have 3 of the other dynasty warriors games and liked them, so I decided to get 6 for the 360. Big let down compared to the others, I can't really remember specifically why because I resold the game some time ago.

The_Big_Cheese said:
Dynasty Warriors 6. I have 3 of the other dynasty warriors games and liked them, so I decided to get 6 for the 360. Big let down compared to the others, I can't really remember specifically why because I resold the game some time ago.
DW6 has a different attack system, fewer characters with fewer still Musou mode stories, no items and disappointing character remakes.

Take your pick.

Master_Craig said:
I've probably said this before in another thread, but...

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - This game was hyped up for so long and I'm a big fan of Star Wars. It was kind of fun when it came out but seriously... finishing the game in six hours with no replay value, the game is filled with so many bugs and glitches leading to much frustration, the combat gets repetitive and the God of War style quick time events are so boring and "lazy". This game wasn't worth its price tag and the downloadable content that has been released for it is so expensive. The game itself... it's as if the developers just stopped working on the game and just waited for the release date to release their game. I feel it's unfinished, and could/should have been so much better.

I have a friend who is really into star wars and not that into gaming, but he bought a Xbox and this game just because he is THAT into star wars, and had been following the development of this game forever. Anyway he played the game and you could see in his face when he was playing that he was thoroughly disappointed in this game, he looked like he might cry...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod