America's Army 3 to be released today. (17th June)

Tylzen

Rookie
Anyone of you guys loading this game down?
I preloaded my "copy" a few days ago on Steam.
I know it was developed by/for the American Army and is very biased, but still it's a videogame, and heck if I am not going to have fun with it.

What are your views on an institution like the American miltiary going in and funding a game?
Does it glorify the war and just a recruitment tool? :D

I don't really care about the reason behind it, it is a decent action game with focus on realism. Plus I am not in America.

I remember the first America's Army game that came out years ago that was pretty much just an online FPS that you could play. Its focus on realism plus the fun people seemed to have with the game made it a recruiting tool. I guess it worked from all the other iterations that have been released since that point.
I don't think I'm gonna touch it though since the last few really haven't been all that great and I own Call of Duty and Killzone 2. If i didn't/had a computer that could run it I might check it out if it were free, but I'm not about to pay for a game in this series.

Steam makes my computer a dull boy though. Seriously, it eats up my CPU like no other. I had to take it off my machine to get the usage down from 100%. I think I need to reformat, but I don't have discs to do it :(

What? Steam takes up your CPU?
My steam uses less CPU and RAM than MSN and Skype.
When was the last time you used Steam?

schimmel said:
Steam makes my computer a dull boy though. Seriously, it eats up my CPU like no other. I had to take it off my machine to get the usage down from 100%. I think I need to reformat, but I don't have discs to do it :(

Same here - I was a CS - HL - TF junkie until Steam came along...

Now i have a better faster Comp but im still too bitter with steam to reinstall.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle