Which game was the biggest let down?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by kingkyle, May 21, 2008.

1. Grey

Grey Rookie

Gears of War. Played it for three days and never touched it again, nor do I wish to.

2. TheNesMan

TheNesMan Rookie

Amen. Everyone praises it but I found it quite sub-par.

3. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

Ah, reminds me of Mario baseball. After playing awesome Golf and Tennis, you'd expect baseball and soccer to have been fun...but no. Neither were developed by Camelot, which made them suck.

4. Caped_Crusader

Final Fantasy X and XII - both were short, story sucked, dumb looking main character
    Bully - terrible framerate, superficial, not mature enough, short and easy
    Resident Evil 4 - not scary, boring 3rd person shooter
    Tomb Raider: Legend - too short and easy, lame levels, stupid motorbike sequence
    Tomb Raider: Anniversary - failed to bring back TR1 atmosphere, very short and easy
    Gears of War - lame shooter for kids
    Assassin's Creed - repetitive, boring gameplay
    Neverwinter Nights 2 - awful camera control, messy graphics
    Silent Hill 4: The Room - total disaster

5. Rakon

Rakon Rookie

Mario Kart Wii. Thought it would have made me want to keep mine, but I'm not even gonna get it.

6. GhostTrip

GhostTrip Rookie

I get what you're saying but FFXII took me 70 hours to beat without touching the side quests. How is that short?

7. kverduga

kverduga Rookie

Final Fantasy X-2. Three characters, no plot or character development!

All the GTA games after GTA 2... For kids!

8. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

Somebody wasn't too good at the game...

9. Astaroth001

Astaroth001 Rookie

Do you mean FFX-2 of FFXII?

FFX-2 was a big let down, feels like playing Charlie's Angels version of FF, is just too girlie

10. BigZell2020

BigZell2020 Rookie

I want to say GTA IV but it wasn't really disappointing in the traditional way. I mean, I had fun doing the single player, and most of the additions I liked. What I didn't like is how they didn't fix any of the nagging problems that have driven me crazy about the series since day one (clunky controls, crappy targeting system).

11. kverduga

kverduga Rookie

I had gotten 100% after New Game Plus (can't believe I played it again), and I still thought it had second-rate character development.

12. personalmgt

personalmgt Rookie

Halo 2 and 3 in Xbox. Also include the upcoming Halo Wars in Xbox

I mean, what the hell is a FPS doing in a console? The first time Halo: CE came out(preferrably on pc), I was really waiting for a sequel to it. But then there was, only that it was on Xbox I never owned a xbox. I wanted to have one(especially the xbox exclusives, i always wanted to play it), but I dont have enough riches to buy it and I prefer to play it on PC. Then there Halo 2 for Vista came. ONLY again that it was for Vista(actually, i tried the razor xp crack but it doesnt work). Halo 3 only came for Xbox 360, which was another burden for a Halo fan like me.

Halo Wars? on Xbox? LMFAO. Go f*ck yourself microsoft.

13. Navy_Seal

Navy_Seal Rookie

There ain`t nothing wrong with Gears of War except for the fact that it does get kind of boring after a while.

14. Astaroth001

Astaroth001 Rookie

Amen to that, MS always trying to push customers to keep buying and buying, but in this case, Halo was thought to be on console and than it was ported to PC due to popularity, so that would be the main reason why still Xbox, but hey, 1 and 2 got ported, 3 may also be who knows

15. Glowstick

Glowstick Rookie

well hey, originally Halo was going to be a PC game, then it got cancelled. Then microsoft revived it for their new-fangled video entertainment box.

i can't remember the name, but that game made by the US army. it wasn't all that bad, but i was kinda expecting more when the freaking army starts making games

16. Astaroth001

Astaroth001 Rookie

I know what game do you mean...I watch it on Cybernet... and also I think on youtube

17. Jimbabwe

Jimbabwe Rookie

I thought Doom3 was a pretty big let down. Maybe I was expecting it to be fun like the first two, not slow and dark. Scary is one thing, but that game was just dark. Too bad no one in the future knows how to attach a flashlight to a gun (thank you Quake 4)

18. Teriblthundrlzrd

Kyle...man you are kinda a noob here and although I enjoy some of the topics you bring up I'm just not sure you know how many you have open. Pace yourself brother...
    And onto the list.
    The new Grand Theft, Assasins Creed,The last Splinter Cell, Jade Empire (for sure), and Battle Toads I mean theres no-way to beat that game with only 3 lives heh.

19. Navy_Seal

Navy_Seal Rookie

DT Racer

20. HK-47

HK-47 Rookie

Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None on the Wii. They could have made further changes to the storyline to make it more open, improve the graphics over the PC version, change the writing to make it more dynamic etc.
    And to think it's actually worse than the game released 3 years earlier.