Which game was the biggest let down?

GhostTrip said:
made me want to smash the disc with a hammer.
Ah, reminds me of Mario baseball. After playing awesome Golf and Tennis, you'd expect baseball and soccer to have been fun...but no. Neither were developed by Camelot, which made them suck.

Final Fantasy X and XII - both were short, story sucked, dumb looking main character
Bully - terrible framerate, superficial, not mature enough, short and easy
Resident Evil 4 - not scary, boring 3rd person shooter
Tomb Raider: Legend - too short and easy, lame levels, stupid motorbike sequence
Tomb Raider: Anniversary - failed to bring back TR1 atmosphere, very short and easy
Gears of War - lame shooter for kids
Assassin's Creed - repetitive, boring gameplay
Neverwinter Nights 2 - awful camera control, messy graphics
Silent Hill 4: The Room - total disaster

Mario Kart Wii. Thought it would have made me want to keep mine, but I'm not even gonna get it.

Caped_Crusader said:
Final Fantasy X and XII - both were short, story sucked,

I get what you're saying but FFXII took me 70 hours to beat without touching the side quests. How is that short?

Caped_Crusader said:
Final Fantasy X and XII - both were short, story sucked

Do you mean FFX-2 of FFXII?

FFX-2 was a big let down, feels like playing Charlie's Angels version of FF, is just too girlie

I want to say GTA IV but it wasn't really disappointing in the traditional way. I mean, I had fun doing the single player, and most of the additions I liked. What I didn't like is how they didn't fix any of the nagging problems that have driven me crazy about the series since day one (clunky controls, crappy targeting system).

De-Ting said:
kverduga said:
Final Fantasy X-2. Three characters, no plot or character development!
Somebody wasn't too good at the game...

I had gotten 100% after New Game Plus (can't believe I played it again), and I still thought it had second-rate character development.

Halo 2 and 3 in Xbox. Also include the upcoming Halo Wars in Xbox

I mean, what the hell is a FPS doing in a console? The first time Halo: CE came out(preferrably on pc), I was really waiting for a sequel to it. But then there was, only that it was on Xbox I never owned a xbox. I wanted to have one(especially the xbox exclusives, i always wanted to play it), but I dont have enough riches to buy it and I prefer to play it on PC. Then there Halo 2 for Vista came. ONLY again that it was for Vista(actually, i tried the razor xp crack but it doesnt work). Halo 3 only came for Xbox 360, which was another burden for a Halo fan like me.

Halo Wars? on Xbox? LMFAO. Go f*ck yourself microsoft.

Grey said:
Gears of War. Played it for three days and never touched it again, nor do I wish to.
There ain`t nothing wrong with Gears of War except for the fact that it does get kind of boring after a while.

personalmgt said:
Halo 2 and 3 in Xbox. Also include the upcoming Halo Wars in Xbox

I mean, what the hell is a FPS doing in a console? The first time Halo: CE came out(preferrably on pc), I was really waiting for a sequel to it. But then there was, only that it was on Xbox I never owned a xbox. I wanted to have one(especially the xbox exclusives, i always wanted to play it), but I dont have enough riches to buy it and I prefer to play it on PC. Then there Halo 2 for Vista came. ONLY again that it was for Vista(actually, i tried the razor xp crack but it doesnt work). Halo 3 only came for Xbox 360, which was another burden for a Halo fan like me.

Halo Wars? on Xbox? LMFAO. Go f*ck yourself microsoft.

Amen to that, MS always trying to push customers to keep buying and buying, but in this case, Halo was thought to be on console and than it was ported to PC due to popularity, so that would be the main reason why still Xbox, but hey, 1 and 2 got ported, 3 may also be who knows

well hey, originally Halo was going to be a PC game, then it got cancelled. Then microsoft revived it for their new-fangled video entertainment box.

i can't remember the name, but that game made by the US army. it wasn't all that bad, but i was kinda expecting more when the freaking army starts making games

I thought Doom3 was a pretty big let down. Maybe I was expecting it to be fun like the first two, not slow and dark. Scary is one thing, but that game was just dark. Too bad no one in the future knows how to attach a flashlight to a gun (thank you Quake 4)

Kyle...man you are kinda a noob here and although I enjoy some of the topics you bring up I'm just not sure you know how many you have open. Pace yourself brother...
And onto the list.
The new Grand Theft, Assasins Creed,The last Splinter Cell, Jade Empire (for sure), and Battle Toads I mean theres no-way to beat that game with only 3 lives heh.

Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None on the Wii. They could have made further changes to the storyline to make it more open, improve the graphics over the PC version, change the writing to make it more dynamic etc.
And to think it's actually worse than the game released 3 years earlier.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle