SFIV.... why the hype again?

Yep, this is pretty awful. DOA 4 is still the best fighting game out right now. Oh well. At least it still has a high trade in value.

I can see it being a love it or hate it game.

I've practised so much now. Plus if you do trials in challenge mode you can really get used to executing some moves...even the ultra combos, since it gives you unlimited super/ultra power

subcalvin said:
Where are all the hate posts? Should't you guys be spaming him telling him what a gay noob he is?

Wrong website.

I love the game because, as other posters have said, I grew up on Street Fighter. It was THE fighting game I played as a child, nothing could touch it. Now they bring it back with better visuals, but keep the awesome controls with some super duper new moves. It's like a great upgrade without destroying what makes it Street Fighter.

JCD said:
Yep, this is pretty awful. DOA 4 is still the best fighting game out right now. Oh well. At least it still has a high trade in value.

You have got to be fucking kidding me. I'm not going to say SFIV is the best out there, because it still has issues that need fixing. But DOA best fighter? ANY DOA worthy of best fighter? No, absolutely not. I'll take something that requires more than single button mash combos and throw jockeys for the title of best fighting game out, something like Virtua Fighter 4 for instance.

EVERY SINGLE FIGHTING GAME out right now is a number 4.

Soul Calibur 4.
Virtua Fighter 4.
DOA 4.
Street Fighter 4.

What a joke.

Diabolus said:

Fixed it for you. :)

Also technically this is 2.75 Capcom just numbered it 4 because its part of their "Because we fucking said so" rule of counting. :)

I don't care what anyone says, Street Fighter 2 was THE best fighting game ever made (super turbo version if you want to be fancy). When fighting games made the jump to 3D it just wasn't right.

My friend was getting tired of us playing SF2 on the burned Capcom 5 in 1 disc and insisted we try Tekken 5. We played it for a good 10 minutes then went back to Street Fighter. Not for spite but because we just enjoy the old SF2 over any other fighting game.

Not knocking 2, because its one of, if not my all time favourite game. But when 3 came out, holy crap things got so much better, especially by the time 3rd Strike was released. :D

GhostTrip said:
I don't care what anyone says, Tekken 3 was THE best fighting game ever made
I noticed that your post was broken, so I took the liberty of fixing it for you.

Took this game back...It is pretty sucky. :( BTW Tekken rocks! Have a Tekken 2 arcade machine in my basement. Best fighting game ever.

Don't make me rant again. I'm too tired to rant again today.

You have a T2 Arcade Machine? You're forgiven... just about.

Yeah. GF built me a game room for Christmas last year. Poker table, dart board, Golf simulator (So I can use my clubs in the winter), Fooz Ball, and a Tekken 2 arcade machine.

I also added a Pacman machine this year.

SF aint that bad...it just depends on your playstyle. Seriously, I like SF2 HD remix. For 15$ you get a good game at a high price. I won't pay 60$ for the same game with prettier graphics and a few more characters.

However, Streetfighter is hard but still fun.

Well.....I main Zangief so my opinion is now null.

I loved Tekken too and thought it was the best. DOA was interesting but couldn't get into it.

As for king of fighter....what is it?

After soul calibur 2.... the serie died for me.

Did I missed any franchise?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle