ITT:Bitch about something random.

danielrbischoff said:
Got to the damn grocery store and realized I forgot my recyclable bags. For those of you who don't know, in the bay area if you fail to bring your own bag to the grocery store they charge you 10c for every bag they have to give you, and none of them can be plastic.

Of course normally I'd just say "OK, you'll use those bags for something else and remember next time." What a fucking joke. I have so many of these damn paper bags because I've forgotten so many times.

I recycle my plastic grocery bags *shrugs*

All paper bags are stored to start fires, or light the smoker or grill.

When I lived in California, I would just checkout and put everything back in the basket and just put it all in the back seat of the car. I didn't want to spend the time bagging it and then unbagging it or dealing with the bags.

Wow, that really blows. There's only a few grocery stores in my area that is like that. Aldi's and Save-A-Lot. Sadly, they don't charge you for grocery bags, because they don't have any. You have to bring them in yourself. Also, you have to use a quarter for the shopping car.

the gf turned off my PS3.

She flicked the switch in the back, bc she didn't know to hold down the power symbol

Turn back on the power the next day after she left

PS3 needs to be formatted

All my downloadable games and game progress - wiped.

tumblr_m60z8lh6Ck1r9g4gho1_400.jpg

I might be overreacting, but this seems like I have a legitimate grievance here and potentially a case for a breakup.

Should she have known how to properly turn off the PS3? And did she do it while you were playing? Does she hate Taco Bell?

If the answer is yes to any of those questions, you should seriously reconsider this relationship.

UrbanMasque said:
the right hand turned off my PS3.
My right hand flicked the switch in the back, bc it didn't know to hold down the power symbol
Turn back on the power the minute after I finished
I might be overreacting, but this seems like I have a legitimate grievance here and potentially a case for chopping off my own hand.

De-Ting said:
Should it have known how to properly turn off the PS3? And did it do it while you were playing? Does it hate Taco Bell?

If the answer is yes to any of those questions, you should seriously consider cutting off this hand.

Have you already done the format? Are you sure it's going to wipe everything?
Because I've had that happen to me, and it doesn't delete all your data (from my experience). It just has a progress bar appear for a few minutes and then it works all the same.

UrbanMasque said:
the gf turned off my PS3.

She flicked the switch in the back, bc she didn't know to hold down the power symbol

Turn back on the power the next day after she left

tumblr_m60z8lh6Ck1r9g4gho1_400.jpg

I might be overreacting, but this seems like I have a legitimate grievance here and potentially a case for a breakup.

I'll probably sound really stupid here, but I didn't know flicking the PS3 off at the back would cause it harm.

But like De-Ting said, them feels man. I feels too. I once experienced the yellow light of death on my first PS3 and I lost all my save game data, my DLC, everything. My brother played on the same PS3 too, so he lost all his data as well. Because my PS3 was out of warranty, I had to just buy a new one outright.

As for legitiamte grievance, sure, I would be pissed off too and I can imagine everyone here would. But as for a potential breakup, I think it may be an overreaction to be honest.

Unless... how long you two been together? >_>

If you cut power to a system while its saving it can corrupt your saves. Even from when the game is just autosaving.

Oh yeah man, I know that one.

But when the PS3 is like, I dunno on the main menu screen not doing anything, you're gonna turn it off, I always thought flicking it off at the back wasn't bad - if your PS3 wasn't doing anything.

I'm with Craig. Powering down while saving is an obvious no-no, but getting a borked hdd from what she did sounds like a design flaw. I've never heard of that problem.

Just like to point out that i've turned my PS3 off with the rear switch most often than the front button (fuck that pressure sensitive piece of crap), and only 1/10 does it want to check the file system or whatever it does (2 minute or less slider bar). Hell, if my huge-ass gaming rig doesn't care if i manually shut it down (cept for windows complaining), the PS3 has no right to.

If your PS3 really does want to reformat the HDD for some reason, press the 'go fuck yourself' button, yank the HDD out and plug it into your desktop or get a cable to plug it into your laptop. Transfer all your saves and such, then let the PS3 do its bitch ass thing.

Also, just found a maggot thing in my instant noddles.

Would be more annoyed (it was at the bottom - probably eated more) but meh. I'm kinda just disappointed. If i wanted to eat little bugs i'd do so, i just wanted some tasteless noodles.

Shit . I accidentally turned my PS3 off the wrong way before, but the only thing it did was make my dashboard theme back to its original state. I always held in the PS button and waited for it to ask if I want to quit game or turn off my PS3. The only time I turned it off incorrectly, was me not waiting for it to shutdown completely before I unplug it. I don't like having my systems in that standby state. Waste of electric, even though it's not really much. So, I unplug them

That's what the power supply switch is for, ugh. Makes it so you don't have to unplug things, and uses a max of $1 every year

madster111 said:
Also, just found a maggot thing in my instant noddles.

Would be more annoyed (it was at the bottom - probably eated more) but meh. I'm kinda just disappointed. If i wanted to eat little bugs i'd do so, i just wanted some tasteless noodles.

Ew. God damn man, that's terrifying.

I thought I've got nothing to bitch about, but I've got something figured out, damn it. This'll sound ironic too.

I have a friend who just complains to me all the time. Every time she talks to me, it's complaining. Never stops to ask "How are you?" or "What have you been up to?", she'll just complain about stuff. Normally I only find it a little annoying, but last week it was driving me absolutely insane because I had a terrible week - work/my job was very stressful, I spent the entire long weekend just cleaning and working at home, I was in a car accident thanks to some douche and now I'm out of a car and sadly, a friend passed away. I didn't mention any of these to my complaining friend, although I tried to tell her "Hey sorry look, I've had a really rough week", which she completely ignored and just... kept complaining.

Now I find myself avoiding said friend and even resenting her a little. Which isn't a good thing. She spoke to me again recently, complaining, then was trying to ask about catching up sometime in person. I'm very hesitant because... it'll be filled with more and more complaining.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod