Loot Crate

UghRochester

https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester
What's up, everyone? So I recently discovered Loot Crate and wondering has anyone done this or if you guys are willing to give it a try. What I found out about this is you pay a recurring subscription (1 month, 3 month or 6 month) and each month they'll send 6-8 items of geeky stuff that you'll like. The catch is, you have to do an unboxing video, review it (don't know what that means) and the stuff you get is completely random.

I would love to see someone from GR to do this, but I prefer more of Dan's one handed unboxing vids. So, anyone heard of it? Tried it?

http://www.lootcrate.com/

UghRochester said:
unboxing video, review it (don't know what that means) and the stuff you get is completely random

Sounds like you unbox it while doing a video review. Because it's completely random.

sounds interesting, but since I don't have video capabllities I guess I can't do it.

I wonder if I can maybe do write ups instead.

if the front page is any indication, the price doesn't seem to justify the loot imo. Just looks like e3 or gamestop swag.

i'd rather join the beef jerky of the month club or something. hmm...

google search inbound

Optimus-Crime said:
if the front page is any indication, the price doesn't seem to justify the loot imo. Just looks like e3 or gamestop swag.

i'd rather join the beef jerky of the month club or something. hmm...

google search inbound

I completely agree. I was looking over it thinking "none of this is stuff I would want/use. To those out there that would, well, then this is for you and I hope you enjoy it.

MMhhmm....Beef jerky of the month club.

Edit: Yay!

http://www.amazingclubs.com/jerkyofthemonthclub.html

yeah it looks like only a few bits and bobs, and for $13 its too expensive.

Maybe $5, then I would say its worth it. I bet S&H is part of the problem.

Who wants that shit taking up space in their house. Plus I bet 75% of it is Dr. Who related, which would just go immediately in the trash.

used44 said:
Who wants that shit taking up space in their house.
The only stuff that appeals to me is Futurama stuff or the occasional gaming thing, but even then its all that super-deformed figurine garbage that people probably wouldn't even recognize if you had it on your shelf.

"Who is this?"
"It's homer simpson"
"What the fuck it's just a head."
"no his feet---

See what I mean?

I know some people that like to collect the statues and figurines. I'm just asking questions about this. I read their FAQ and it helped, but not as much as someone who has experienced with this.

ShirtPunch has a similar (exactly the same?) program called Nerd Block. Get both and have all the useless plastic swag possible.

I wouldn't mind trying it... but I don't want to "subscribe" to it. I'd rather just pay once and then do an unboxing video sorta thingo.

ugh, are you rapping now?
buy, die or try, when I get to heaven lord knows I'm gonna fly. when i get to hell lord knows i'm gonna fry. cry. other words that rhy

Code:
Note: Optimus-Crime fell into a boredom induced coma during the middle of this post.  Further updates as events warrant

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo