It's NaNoWriMo Time!

Yes friends, its NaNoWriMo time, or National Novel Writing Month. The goal, write 50,000 words in thirty days. Anyone up to the challenge?

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

I did this in the past a lot. My personal best was 34,642 words for one work. I ended it there so I guess it was a novella in the end, something about guys on an island, kinda like the TV show Lost but less mysterious.

This year I plan on doing something different, and that is writing a short story each day this month.

I might even post them, starting tomorrow. (if I have time, at least.) I want to see if I can write a different story each time with different subject matter, all in one-four pages.

Should be a fun experiment. I actually posted the first story in my blog already. I hope you enjoy it.

That's, what, a 200 page book?

It could be done fairly easily, but for it to have any sort of quality the realistic max you can do is 100 pages a month.

I would participate if I was a good writer! But I'd need planning etc for that!

madster111 said:
That's, what, a 200 page book?

It could be done fairly easily, but for it to have any sort of quality the realistic max you can do is 100 pages a month.

im sure a lot of authors out there could write well over 200 pages of quality work in 1 month.

quality by our standards anyway. perhaps not by their own

Well, it is less about the quality and more on the quantity. You can look for quality early on but you get bogged down. Sometimes it's better to just write, and make sense of it later rather than doing it as you go on.

But to each their own, in the end. 200 pages of words and dialouge is no easy task in a month.

LinksOcarina said:
Well, it is less about the quality and more on the quantity. You can look for quality early on but you get bogged down. Sometimes it's better to just write, and make sense of it later rather than doing it as you go on.

But to each their own, in the end. 200 pages of words and dialouge is no easy task in a month.
It's fairly easy to spew out lots of word in a vague story, but by the end of it all you'll likely throw it away and start again.

Oh God, yeah it is that time of the year ain't it?

Well, my severe cases of Writer's block don't help me any for this. But if I can get out of my normal strut, I may shoot for at least trying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod