ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE To trust me with your credit card?

Well? ARE YOU?

• F*ck yeah, I am.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm bad to the bone, baby, but I'm not trusting you with anything.

• I'd trust you with my life, OC, with or without this Blockbuster thingie. ;__;

• Total voters
Free 6-Month Trial to Blockbuster Total Access (one disc at a time, includes games)

https://www.blockbuster.com/signup/m/sh ... cialoffer/

Blockbuster currently has a promo going where you can get a free 6-month trial to their Total Access program (DVD, Bluray, games). You can have one disc out at a time and can cancel any time.

If you sign up right now, the trial goes through February 2013.

You need a valid form of payment (puts a $1 hold on your card as a temporary auth) but Paypal works fine. Just make sure you cancel before the end date in February and you won't get charged.

Note: some of the newer games have a few weeks wait for delivery
xOcLu.png

[this screen cap isn't mine, thus the January end date; everything else applies]
The second billing date (08/16/2012 in pic) denotes the final date of your 2 in-store exchanges for that month, meaning it's not an actual billing statement.
It's to prevent abuse of the in-store trade because they don't always have huge stock. They still want some movies in there for people to walk in and rent. So don't worry, your "billing" date is still 6 months from whenever you signed up, the "billing period" is for establishing the limits on in-store exchanges.

I found this on another site. Just spreading the love. I know there's a hold on new games, something like 3 months, but the old ones are there. It's an incredibly insane offering, and I would advise everyone to watch the billing date and not just assume it's 6 months.

Do not navigate away from the special offer link or you'll get trapped into signing up on a regular trial promotion, which is around 5 bucks and lasts only 3 months.

Most of the movies have no wait time. You can see the 6 month end date once you're done signing up in My Account (mine is February 03, 2013). I did get an email confirmation. Possibly US only.
Find a Blockbuster store near you here:
http://www.blockbuster.com/stores/store ... oreResults

Hmm, damn. I should do this.

Thanks, Chris. Hilarious topic title too.

NickKmet said:
The blockbuster in town closed down a few months ago.....

because people do not go to the video store to pick a movie anymore, that is old and archaic, grandma did that.

i dont get why blockbuster didn't do this a LONG time ago. as soon as Netflix started you'd think they'd be smart enough to realize it was the future, and crush them.

They actually have had it for a long time. It's just not very cost effective.

And I personally don't bother with movie rentals at all. It's like, if I want a movie, I don't think "I'm going to want to watch movie X in five days. Better order it now." And in-store ones are a pain in the ass. I just DVR shit I might want off of HBO and Showtime, or get the blu-ray. I'd stream, but my internet cannot support it.

I signed up. I won't be using it for movies, obviously. I have Netflix and I VOD or VuDu new stuff.

Anyway, I'll be using it for games. Boy, not a lot of current releases available though.

Longo_2_guns said:
I just DVR s*** I might want off of HBO and Showtime.
I have a dvr and do pretty much the same but there are a few movies here that are not yet available on any of the premium channels. I'll probably be getting movies for family. This is a pretty good deal if you have children, or you can use this to supplement/shrink your Netflix queue for a bit.
There's a backlog of MST3K dvds that I'm after, and the Life and Times of Tim season 1 that's a definite get--I'm still kicking myself over missing that the first time around on HBO.

The future of walk-in rentals is Redbox, not Netflix. Surprise, surprise, there's still a ton of people who are not tech savvy enough for Netflix or streaming video, even with the growing prominence of smart TVs. Redbox proves there's always going to be a (small) place for walk-in rentals. They're not dead yet! The old people, I mean. But walk-in rentals I mean, too.
This is the last-ditch effort we'd expected from Blockbuster. It would've been like throwing in the towel too soon to do this at any other time than now.
At the very least they'll get some Netflix customers to take their service on for a test drive. And I'll take that action, at least for 5 months and 29 days.

Question. The online game rental selection sucks, but if I choose to exchange them in the store instead of sending them through the mail/online can I choose a newer game based on what they have in stock?

I'm assuming here that their in-store stock is different (better) than their online stock. If I'm wrong then duh, I guess.

Wtf Do I look like, Mr. Blockbuster or something?

Okay, here's your answer:
in store exchanges.

get movie/game from online sent to you. Watch/ play.
Take movie/game to blockbuster store front. Trade for any movie /game (game has to be game, movie has to be movie)
take home.
Watch movie/game.
Return movie/game to local store.
Online then sends you next one in queue.

Apparently we're allowed to do this twice a month, but you can talk to your blockbuster guy about that.
Hey, today's my first day trying out this promo, too, you know. But putting an old movie or game in your queue that you know will be available, and exchanging it out for something better at a local Blockbuster makes sense ... in theory.

NickKmet said:
The blockbuster in town closed down a few months ago.....

Same. In fact I don't know where there is a movie rental place ANYWHERE in my city.

here's a store locator link. There's one within 5 miles from me. Another within 11.
http://www.blockbuster.com/stores/store ... oreResults

They sent me Drive on Friday. Pretty, pretty good. Better than Batman (imo).
and it was bluray. I'm going to do a walk-in return to see how it goes.

I wouldn't have signed up if it were for 3 months only but for it 6 months, free, plus Video games I'll bite.

I use Netflix.

hahahahahaha nah I'm just pulling your leg.

I was tempted, believe me, but in Canada they have retarded internet. You know that up here there is a limit on how much bandwidth you can use?

1884335_o.gif

So fuuck the online streaming revolution, I'll take Blockbuster.

I lost track of time, it'll have to be tomorrow. I'll make sure to ask the clerk if there's anything more I should know about this promotion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle