ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE To trust me with your credit card?

Well? ARE YOU?

• F*ck yeah, I am.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm bad to the bone, baby, but I'm not trusting you with anything.

• I'd trust you with my life, OC, with or without this Blockbuster thingie. ;__;

• Total voters
BlackStar said:
I was tempted, believe me, but in Canada they have retarded.You know that up here there is a limit on how much bandwidth you can use?

Primus and Teksavvy still offer unlimted bandwidth. They're not as fast as the big guys but IMO it's worth having it just for unlimited access.

Optimus-Crime said:
I lost track of time, it'll have to be tomorrow. I'll make sure to ask the clerk if there's anything more I should know about this promotion.

Yes please! Specifically regarding game trades.

Do you have a blockbuster card? I do not. So I don't have my card linked to my online account, or whatever. But it doesn't sound like that's an issue.

I guess a general idea of what to expect, and maybe if you could ask what stock (new releases?) is available to us. No worries if you don't feel like doing that though.

Well, I just got back, Used. The store was full blown anemic. Pray for Blockbuster.

There's more games in the store, but they're pretty much the same titles you'll find online. Actually there's more titles online (if you use the search bar) than what the store had on display.

I had to get a card. Apparently I haven't been to BB since 2000. No actual card was issued, they're just going off my DL.

So I returned Drive. The clerk tells me I can do walk in trades as much as I want, just return the movie from mail with the sleeve because it acts as a voucher for your next rental. The movie I rented was a 1-day rental, but our promotion supersedes the 1-day allotment so, in cases of 1-day rentals, we get to keep them until we're done with them.

We can also turn in movies for games. Or games for movies. It's all good. The caveat being your game rental must be a 99¢ game, which basically means it has to be an older game. Your 007 Goldeneye Reloaded would count as a 99¢ game rental. New stuff, like COD Black Ops 2 (or whatever) and Darksiders (or whatever), aren't allowed until they're on the 99¢ list? Hmm.. she wasn't very clear on that, or maybe I didn't ask her properly. They will get those newer games in, i mean they have marketing up advertising their arrival, but we can't rent them until they're on the 99¢ list of games.

Good thing most every game on BB online is on the 99¢ list anyway, so it seems we'll be able to walk in and out freely. She also made no mention of the 2-time swap out rule that was in the agreement. The way she explained it, you can just come in and swap out games whenever, and however many times.
Having just checked my account, however, I can see that is not the case. They've already updated it and I'm down 1 In Store Exchange. So...what happens if I were to try it 3 times? Would I be charged? Would they deny me? All things I should've asked while at the store. I'm surprised they updated it so quickly, because that store was like walking into an empty museum. Fuck. Like I said, I haven't been since 2000. I knew it was bad but fuuck... ha.

We can exchange movie for games, or games for movies.
It has to be a 99¢ game if we're going for a game, though.
But there's no restriction on the movies.
You gotta get entered into the BB system if you're going to do this.
If you're already a member, I guess they'll just merge your online account to your in-store account.

Bout to watch this shitty movie i rented. fuck.

At least Showgirls has titties. But even a movie with a badass flaming skeleton couldn't be saved from Nicholas Cage being all...Nicholas Cage-y.

tumblr_lzbce83or31qe0oboo1_250.gif

23svp14.gif

IT WAS HORRIBLE!

jk, I rented Our Stupid Brother and it wasn't bad at all. And, yes, at least Showgirls had titties. (fuck you, Ghostrider 2!)

Optimus-Crime said:
She also made no mention of the 2-time swap out rule that was in the agreement.

2 swaps a month isn't exactly stingy anyway.

for Used and whomever else opted in to this 6 month trial, our cancel date has almost arrived.
I have until Feb 3, and I've hardly used it anyway so I'm going to cancel here soon just to get it out of the way.
So that's all. Just a reminder to cancel your free trial before it rolls over into monthly payments.

Yeah. Thanks for the reminder, but I've got mine ready to cancel as soon as I watch Prometheus and send it back.

I've been incredibly disappointed with it and haven't used it much at all. It's no Netflix. It's not even Gamefly.

Not too surprising I guess.

Is this thing going on still? I'm using streaming only with Netflix right now and it works fine since I just download the new releases but...The games offer sounds pretty fricking awesome.

I clicked the link but couldn't get much specific info about whether it's 30 days or 6 months. Maybe I need to pay more attention.

It's a crapshoot. They wouldn't send me games in the beginning, and when I wanted to cancel their service, they kept sending me stuff I had already removed from my queue - namely games. Then they closed the nearby Blockbuster during my trial, so I had to drive out to a different Blockbuster in the 'country', which was actually much nicer, ... wait, where was I going with this...

um. just check out cheapassgamer. search blockbuster. maybe they're still doing this offer. There's a waiting period for the new games, and a lot of the big titles are always checked out before you can get your hands on em. crapshoot.

I just clicked the link, and, apparently, it's still active? Just read those rules and such. If it's not the 6 month offer (though it seems like it should be), cancel before yadda yadda, you know the drill.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo