GR census

1.how long have you been posting at the GR forums

Since 2005, so about five years.

2.Why do you still post here?

Because this is one of the few communities out there that I love to banter with. It's like my online home, and it has some of the coolest people I have ever met. Some come and go, others join every year, and this is what makes the community strong. Were a small group, but an intimate group. I also bet were one of the only gaming communities out there interacting with the guys who run the website too, which is also a major plus in my book. It's that personal touch that makes us special in the end.

3.What if anything do you feel could be done to breathe some life into GR?

It has it's up's and downs. We just need to take it in stride as it goes, because some months there is a ton of activity, and other months there is little. A showdown can only go so far sometimes, just like how a fun or serious discussion can. It depends in the end on how you look at things, but for me, I just see it as a natural part of the forums.

4.Do you think you will still be posting in the GR forums 6 months from now?

Of course. Be it an update for my own showdowns or just to rant about something.

a census is just a count...the questions asked are irrelevant. Just because when the U.S. takes a census they ask you demographic questions, doesn't mean i used census wrong. its just on their questionnaire for their census they choose to ask those questions and I choose to ask these questions.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Dang, Shaft, what's your score on the depression test?

I scored a 3...im in a good place :)

Shaft said:
a census is just a count...the questions asked are irrelevant. Just because when the U.S. takes a census they ask you demographic questions, doesn't mean i used census wrong. its just on their questionnaire for their census they choose to ask those questions and I choose to ask these questions.
And I don't answer either! Yay me!

1. 6 1/2 years

2. not really sure, i've barely posted much recently

3. Honestly, I don't really appreciate most of the new users that have come around the past few years, I don't mean to offend anyone and i'll be the first to admit i never contributed much, but this place used to have some real characters and that's what drew me in. So perhaps if some new, cool people came around, this place will be happening again. Also, it seems like the quality of the mainsite has deteriorated quite a bit, but then I don't consider myself much of a 'gamer' these days.

4. Probably, i just browse on autopilot most days, and post every now and then

1. My whole life. Yes, I am only 4 years old.
2. I like it here. Good people, good topics. It's fun.
3. I like how we're small. We also hardly grow, seeing how when 1 regular leaves another takes his place.
4. Yes.

1.I'm not entirely sure. 3 years or so?

2.Well, considering I don't post that often anymore (fuck you college), I can't really answer this one. I still kind of watch the forums, but I usually find myself lacking the energy or desire to post. Especially recently.

3.I don't know. Summer break would be nice.

4.Probably. I need to get friends somewhere.

Now I have a question for all you people: Where the hell has everyone gone? I've seen a lot of people fall off the boat here in recent months. It's kind of saddening. And it's not like Ugh is a quality replacement for say, Tylzen or FTG, or the many others who have left.

1. 9 years this summer.

2. Out of habit.

3. Well, I rarely play video games these days, and most of the ones I do play a VERY outdated. So if I were up to speed with games these days I would probably be more involved and GR would be more enjoyable for me.

4. See #2.

1. I've been posting for more than a year now, but I've roamed GR for about 7-8 years.

2. Just cuz.

3. Possibly more advertisement around the Internet, though that could bring some rather bad people as well.

4. Most definitely!

1.since 05 - you do maths.

2. Sometimes out of boredom, spare time etc.

3. Not sure. This site has been around for so long but is still small fish compared to the othersites. Needs a huge cash injection and to get some more people in here.

4. I'll be here until the site shuts its doors.

1. Live chat since 98, forums since 2003
2. Because I dearly enjoy a lot of the posters who still post here
3. Don't know if there is an answer to that question.
4. Suspect not for a long time.

1. Approaching the three year mark.
2. Mainly for the tournaments, but I still browse the forums. Will need more time to catch up on the comics though.
3. I doubt I would be one to answer that and to add to that, I don't know.
4. Yes, but not incredibly frequently. Maybe a few posts every few days, depending on what's around.

1. How long have you been posting at the GR forums?

The better of three years or so.

2. Why do you still post here?

Out of habit, there's not too much going on in the forums anymore but that won't stop me from checking it every 45 minutes.

3. What if anything do you feel could be done to breathe some life into GR?

I kinda like it like this. All the posters are smart and contribute, i'd rather have an underpopulated bunch of good posters than a big pool of shit like over at IGN (just an example..) If anything we could use a few more regular posters. But I don't mind GR how it is now.

4. Do you think you will still be posting in the GR forums 6 months from now?

well, I'll be lurking at the very least.

Shaft said:
so yeah now that this place is a ghost town...just curious to see who the last hanger ons are. So fill out this short questionnaire and be counted!

1. Around 2 years give or take a couple months but been around GR for like 8 years
2. because the people here are awesom
3. not really sure
4. Most likely

Your mom

Your mom

Your mom

Your mom

...wait, this isn't the real census? Sorry I didn't look at the questions...

#1 Since 2004 but I've been banned, and then been here off and on.

#2 Somebody needs to pick people up during this Crave depression

#3 More rock, less talk?

#4 Probably, depending on how slow it is I might be back in 6 months.

1. Since '08

2. The community mostly, everybody is hilarious.

3. A big Xbox live party would be nice...

4. Yep.

miak757 said:
3. A big Xbox live party would be nice...

Yeah, there aren't enough gamers here anymore. Something like that would be nice. Maybe even involving the staff. Communities like Destructoid do this all the time.

P.S. I just added a bunch of you to LIVE. My gamertag is Cory Hatten. Add me, accept me.

Didn't we try the whole gaming with the staff and it didn't work out too well.

I believe I played left 4 dead on xbox with Link and a staff member who's site name I cant remember atm, but his gamertag was samurailincon. But yea, Link and I were the only ones for that day and I dont think there were that many others for the other games and staff members.

unfortunately i'm limited to the pc these days. which is sad. i wish we had been able to get that MW2 clan off and running.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod