A curse or a blessing?

Is GR's small community of posters good or bad?

• Good - Having a small amount of people helps you get to know the other posters better.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad - A lot of the time GR feel sort of empty and inactive.

• Depends - GR has it's ups and downs, both of which you get used to.

• Beta sucks.

• Total voters

Typewriter

Rookie
We're all aware of how small of a community GR has compared to the other forums out there. So what do you think - is this a good thing, or a bad thing.

It's a good thing, I've tried getting involved with other communities but it just doesn't work because there are way too many people. GR is unique in that it has a small group of people who regularly post, some who post now and again and then we get the newbies who invariably get scared off by talk of hummingbird sex and (if they're a girl and they're stupid enough to reveal that information) by the constant barrage of chat up lines and/or protection from any assault that could possibly occur.

Sam

I really don't think gr is THAT small. Medium sized shall we say? And I think thats best because you can hold an active debate or whatever in a thread without leaving it for 10 minutes and coming back to it with an extra 20 posts in the way. I like a feeling of small closeness and knowing people.

I love the closeness of GR. We have our inside jokes, but we don't have those topics filled with three conversations at once and loads of guest posters. The gaming forums are too inactive, though.

Enigma said:
I really don't think gr is THAT small. Medium sized shall we say? And I think thats best because you can hold an active debate or whatever in a thread without leaving it for 10 minutes and coming back to it with an extra 20 posts in the way. I like a feeling of small closeness and knowing people.

Yea, GR isnt that small. A small messageboard would have posts froma month ago still on the front page in the busiest forum. You can spend just about all day on GR and be somewhat entertained as there are always people posting during some time of the day.

Large communities I dont like though. Granted, if you post enough you can pretty much know everyone and the new posters in a large community, but it does take a while to get familiar with the people in larger communities. In those type of messageboards I just go to because of the subject matter alone and spend most of my time on the topic specific forums instead of the general chat ones.

Dont take it the wrong way, Im not here because I necessarily like you people, I just still come here mainly out of habit now. You guys still suck.

I don't like many people here. All the "in" jokes aren't funny and I rarely find common grounds of thought or interest. I think more would be cool.

^Why do you come then?

As far as I'm concerned, GR is a good size, but I think I would've prefered it like a year ago when it was a little busier. I still felt the closeness but it felt a bit more happening. So I'd like a little more activity personally. It always suprises me when the misc board goes 4 hours without a reply. But I'd much rather it this size than super huge.

Trust me, this is a lot better than some chatrooms which have 3,000 people posting in one day. So small, medium size, w/e we call this, is a lot better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod