Halo: Overrated or Not

SkaRobot said:
no, hes not.

Obviously. Nnn. Halo stands out because it was one of the only console shooters to not blatantly f*** up. That's sort of an understatement since some of the controls were quite cool and innovative.

That along with counterstrike grade multiplayer and you got fans. Got a shallow story and you have pretentious fans (except for maca2kx, you dont seem pretentious in any way.) It's not mystery why Halo is so big, they just played all their cards right and it's no miracle. That said Halo is a bland sci fi shooter that brings nothing new to the plate.
Srzly.

In relativity (on the subject of gameplay depth), I say Halo 1\2 does not fair well next to counterstrike. Next to Battlefield 2 it fairs evenly, but no one is going crazy about Battlefield 2.

zornlove said:
maca2kx said:
I'd like to add that no one has mentioned the story behind the games. For me half the thrill is reading the Halo books and learning about the origins of Master Chief and the other Spartans and what happened to them before Halo 1 and between Halo 1 and Halo 2.

Sam

You are alone.

This is the problem though with the backstory, it all came out in different medias to support the game after Halo came out. It's a good story when reading the books and the novels and what not, and it does make the game more in depth when you read it, but the games don't really reveal anything from the stories, except some key battles that happened in the universe of the game, like the battle for Mombasa or the Halo rings itself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo