GTA V

Longo_2_guns said:
Although, one thing I do love is that you can find Packie and use him in your heists. He's not super good, but he's cheap. Enough. So it worked out good.
He's actually pretty good, really. For his price i'd say he's probably the best bang/buck. Plus, packie's fucking awesome so even if he wasn't good value i'd still pick him most of the time.

If you use him from the first heist on, he gets really good.

Also, protip:
Invest in car insurance, and then go crash into a bunch of cars for a few minutes. People will buy insurance, the price will rise and be all good.

Minor spoiler:
The last heist is worth $25mil. If you do every heist perfectly and buy the bare minimum of stuff, once invested properly for the assassination missions, you can net up to $350mil per character.

Green_Lantern said:
Trevor is officially my favorite.
I gotta admit, he's grown on me a lot.
There's this one bit, a little after half way through where you're playing as travor and are driving, and underneath the dialogue i noticed the song after a few seconds and cracked up for a solid 5 minutes.
Was absolutely hilarious.

Green_Lantern said:
Plus he's fucking hilarious.
How far are you? There's one moment that had me laughing out loud for a while. I let the whole moment play out for effect.

Edit: Madster is probably on to what I'm talking about.

I gotta go back and check out the other endings. Also, the pro tips madster mentioned could've really helped me. I truly want to buy that golf course.
EDIT: They're really helping. I didn't do side missions until the end of the game. Now, I'm doing the assassination missions. Time to buy and sell.

What does it do when you share a song with your social club? I've done it a few times but don't know what happens.

Green_Lantern said:
What does it do when you share a song with your social club? I've done it a few times but don't know what happens.

It simply shows up on your news feed on the social club website. You can also share it on Facebook and such. But why would you want to do that?

I love the camera phone; getting a real laugh out of the pictures and comments my friends have posted. I'm never going to be able to finish the main story.

So... I find myself a little too obsessed with what the characters are wearing. I don't know - I feel like if you're making moves and playing "the game" like these guys you shouldn't look like ass [including trevor].

What aspects of the game completely unrelated to the story line are you guys focusing on?

Trevor's garage is currently filled with his truck, an old station wagon and a beater hatchback. Seems like his style.

The other two got sick whips though.

Do you guys mind posting any little details or things you've noticed in the game world that have made Los Santos more believable or just anything you thought was cool that others might not have noticed? I'll start:

I was listening to WCTR West Coast Talk Radio while I was doing something else and every few minutes it would somehow switch to Los Santos Rock Radio. I was playing as Trevor and finally I got sick of switching it so I watched for a minute to see what was happening and Trevor just gets tired of listening to the people on the radio and switches it himself.

I wrote in my review about taking Trevor to visit Franklin after Franklin said some depressing shit and the interaction between the two characters was great. Have any of you done that? What happened?

I tried helping some cops in a gang shoot out near Grove Street and one of the cops actually shot another officer! I forget exactly what the injured cop said but he started screaming and calling the other guy names.

I've found it pointless to spend money on cars, cause I end up losing them some way or another...I wish there was a way to change each character's default vehicle.

UrbanMasque said:
So... I find myself a little too obsessed with what the characters are wearing. I don't know - I feel like if you're making moves and playing "the game" like these guys you shouldn't look like ass [including trevor].

I'm kind of the same way. Michael is always in a suit, Franklin has some kind of sweater/jacket on, and Trevor has the sleeveless shirts and trucker hats.

They all look much better with beards too.

The amount of dialogue in this game is amazing.

Though I was pissed off when I had a suped up Tesla in Franklin's garage, and when he moved out I wasn't able to get it again.

Also, after Trevor's heist, since the last car he was in was a submarine, when I switched to him later it glitched the submarine to be parked in the middle of Los Santos. I tried to get a picture, but it didn't upload. Also, it's very fitting for Trevor to park a submarine somewhere in a city.

I still love the characters. I love Michael because he is so goddamn tragic. Again, he's basically Michael Corleone to a tee. Which I love.

Longo_2_guns said:
I still love the characters. I love Michael because he is so goddamn tragic. Again, he's basically Michael Corleone to a tee. Which I love.

I don't see Michael as tragic at all. If anything hes a manipulative little weasel who is pretty much getting himself into this mess.

I am intrigued by the Foreshadowing plans they keep putting on against Trevor because it does make me interested in the game, but it also makes me hate Michael because of how he is as a person.

Trevor may be insane but hes at least honest in his insanity, he puts it all in front of you to see.

As for Franklin, i'm calling it now, hes going to murder Michael by the endgame.

LinksOcarina said:
Longo_2_guns said:

I don't see Michael as tragic at all. If anything hes a manipulative little weasel who is pretty much getting himself into this mess.

Well...Mob bosses can be pretty manipulative.

LinksOcarina said:
also makes me hate Michael because of how he is as a person.

Trevor may be insane but hes at least honest in his insanity, he puts it all in front of you to see.

As for Franklin, i'm calling it now, hes going to murder Michael by the endgame.

I also feel like Michael is a shitty person. Trevor, meh - he's obviously a survivor, but I hope it all turns out well for Franklin. I think we're looking at some type of standoff where we [ the player] decides who lives because honestly none of them can be trusted.

I thought Michael and Trevor would've had a lot more to catch up on.. I didn't like how they glossed over 10 years in a 5 minute kitchen conversation.. just my two cents.

danielrbischoff said:
Tricking out every single fucking car I steal. Even the beaters.

e5x9.jpg

Get on my level Daniel

Oh god, the clothes.
I have this nice black suit that i have to change michael into every time (w/glasses) and i have like 2 outfits for franklin, that i pick based on the weather. He's much more stylish than i am IRL.
Trevors clothes are what i like to call 'denim casual', with the pedo stache. He rolls a black bro truck or a stolen cop car.

I spend all my money pimping out those big suburban things or whatever they are. Add a turbo and some armor and they're fast and effectively un-killable.

Also got another pro tip:
Buy the $2500 body armor, and then go steal a tow truck. Give it a turbo, 100% armor and full engine mods.
Go out and pick up a light car (prius, AE86, etc).

Congratulations! You are now immortal. Proceed to drive around the state listening to music for several hours with a 4 or 5 star wanted level, laughing.

I find it odd that urbans and my garage are pretty much flips of each others.

His are bright white, mine are almost all matte black with either black or chrome wheels. Only my bike is white, IIRC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle